Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at EBMUD
- Computer Lab (1)
- Electrical Engineer Internship (1)
- Geotechnical Engineering Aide (1)
- Associate Civil Engineer (Civil/Structural) (1)
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EBMUD.
I was called in for an interview here and met with the water department. I interviewed for a summer internship with this department. The interviewing process went very well and the interviewer was very polite and made me relaxed. He asked 5 questions, all very simple to answer so long as you answer truthfully. The questions were along the lines of what are you interested in, what do you look to get out of this job, and some other situational questions. A very easy interview and a great company.
- Most difficult question wasn't really a difficult question. They were looking for someone who had experience programming in Matlab and I do not like to program in Matlab. Answer Question
- No OfferNegative Experience
I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at EBMUD in June 2013.
I applied online. I had an in-person interview with the direct supervisor. Unlike the last interview with the engineering manager, the manager asked very few (two or three) questions. Usually their in-person interviews are composed of three people in a room and a tape recorder. Later, there would be another in-person interview. In my last recent application, these two interviews didn't happen. This was unusual to me for an engineering interview. The manager asked if I would take a severe pay cut for the position. It would be at the lowest salary level they published for the job.
- The only unexpected questions were that there were so few of them. They also asked whether I would take a pay cut at the bottom-most salary level. Answer Question
Helpful (2)Declined OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EBMUD (Oakland, CA) in January 2012.
Submitted online application. Received Call confirming I had an interview. Drove to Oakland, CA for interview with two engineers in the office. Interviewers were really nice and cool people to talk to. Received email notification one month later. The building is really nice!
- Describe what you know about EBMUD 1 Answer
Reasons for Declining
I was not offered the position, but offered a different one... it was interesting.
Helpful (1)No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EBMUD in August 2008.
You must always do exactly as the application instructions ask. If you miss one thing or forget the supplement questions or did them but forgot to submit them, they will NOT be accepted after the close time and date. It is very important for you to follow directions when applying. There could be an aptitude test if the position requires it. Be prepared for the interview. They ask the same general questions that all interviewer ask. If you don't know what those are, go to youtube and look up interviews. To be hired is a big process but worth it. Once your in, your in for life.
- There isn't anything really difficult or unexpected. The questions are pretty normal. If I had to say one thing, be prepared to give an expample(s) of how you demonstrated what you are saying you did. For example if you say you create spreadsheets in your current position, talk about a specific spreadsheet and how it's helpful in what you currently do. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review