EBRD Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2014

2.8

Climate Change Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at EBRD in March 2014.

I applied online and was invited via email o telephone screening interviews.
    These 2 calls were held by the hiring manager and 2 peers.
    Very informative calls. No tricky questions. But it was challenging to attend those interviews with 3 people bombarding you with questions over the phone. Stressful situation.

I was not proposed to proceed to face to face interview. They said they were looking for a more extensive and specific expertise in water efficiency and/or waste minimisation technologies in manufacturing/agribusiness, both in terms of identification of opportunities but also in terms of commercial aspects and implementation/development of specific associated projects.

Interview Questions
    • Situation based questions.
      "what approach would you take if you were to assess energy and water issues in a dairy plant in Jordania?".
      What would be the most difficult challenge for you if you were to join our institution?
        Answer Question

Analyst Interview

went through four rounds.initial selection, banking and analytical test , HR telephone interview and panel interview . Experience was good. people wree friendly. huge emphasis on motivation. Try to also learn a lot about he bank. where they are what they do and also what are the latest news about the babk. Demonstrate that you have a passion for traveling and development.

Interview Questions
    • leverage buyout question. they asked me what would I do if I were to assess if EBRD should buyout a share from a company where EBRD does not get along with another shareholder.   Answer Question

Control-M TechnIcal Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at EBRD in December 2011.

Initial communication was a proffessional introduction via a contact weho passed my CV to EBRD. I then received an e-mail and we arranged an interview. I was offered the contract within a day.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was are the working hours of 9 to 5 acceptable. I hadn't worked those hours since 1980!!!   Answer Question
    Very easy. I said what I would like and EBRD agreed. As I was not via an agency the negotiation was on a 1 to 1 basis with no middle man.

Associate Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at EBRD in January 2009.

A interview by HR regarding general commitment, motivation, plans

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Be ready to understan the misson of the Bank - just read all on the internat site, including projects in the industry   Answer Question
    I just accepted as I had no employement at the moment

Secretary II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at EBRD.

I had a 15 minutes meeting and went through my CV- No competency based questions.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, if you want the job you need to accept what they offer you

Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at EBRD in November 2010.

FIrst phase on the phone. Then a one-day with several interviews in London. Total process was 6 months

They send the letter with the full T&C. No further negotiation.

Env & Social Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at EBRD in October 2011.

Very long process. 6 weeks after application submission got an email informing that they would like to interview me on the phone. Scheduling phone interview took 4 weeks. 2 weeks later received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • what is your experience relevant to this post in our countries of operation? why would you like to work for EBRD?   Answer Question
    • taking into the consideration EBRD countrie sof operation what are the main difficulties in working there that you recognise? tell us about a recent project you have been involved in? what did you like/dislike about it?   Answer Question

Worked for EBRD? Contribute to the Community!