EBRD

Relevance Date Difficulty

Climate Change Principal Engineer Interview

Climate Change Principal Engineer
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at EBRD in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was invited via email o telephone screening interviews.
These 2 calls were held by the hiring manager and 2 peers.
Very informative calls. No tricky questions. But it was challenging to attend those interviews with 3 people bombarding you with questions over the phone. Stressful situation.

I was not proposed to proceed to face to face interview. They said they were looking for a more extensive and specific expertise in water efficiency and/or waste minimisation technologies in manufacturing/agribusiness, both in terms of identification of opportunities but also in terms of commercial aspects and implementation/development of specific associated projects.

Interview Question – Situation based questions.
"what approach would you take if you were to assess energy and water issues in a dairy plant in Jordania?".
What would be the most difficult challenge for you if you were to join our institution?
  Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at EBRD

Interview Details – went through four rounds.initial selection, banking and analytical test , HR telephone interview and panel interview . Experience was good. people wree friendly. huge emphasis on motivation. Try to also learn a lot about he bank. where they are what they do and also what are the latest news about the babk. Demonstrate that you have a passion for traveling and development.

Interview Question – leverage buyout question. they asked me what would I do if I were to assess if EBRD should buyout a share from a company where EBRD does not get along with another shareholder.   Answer Question

Control-M TechnIcal Analyst Interview

Control-M TechnIcal Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EBRD in December 2011.

Interview Details – Initial communication was a proffessional introduction via a contact weho passed my CV to EBRD. I then received an e-mail and we arranged an interview. I was offered the contract within a day.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was are the working hours of 9 to 5 acceptable. I hadn't worked those hours since 1980!!!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy. I said what I would like and EBRD agreed. As I was not via an agency the negotiation was on a 1 to 1 basis with no middle man.

Associate Banker Interview

Associate Banker
Moscow (Russia)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EBRD in January 2009.

Interview Details – A interview by HR regarding general commitment, motivation, plans

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Be ready to understan the misson of the Bank - just read all on the internat site, including projects in the industry   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I just accepted as I had no employement at the moment

Secretary II Interview

Secretary II
London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EBRD.

Interview Details – I had a 15 minutes meeting and went through my CV- No competency based questions.

Interview Question – very easy   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, if you want the job you need to accept what they offer you

Project Specialist Interview

Project Specialist
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at EBRD in November 2010.

Interview Details – FIrst phase on the phone. Then a one-day with several interviews in London. Total process was 6 months

Negotiation Details – They send the letter with the full T&C. No further negotiation.

Env & Social Specialist Interview

Env & Social Specialist
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EBRD in October 2011.

Interview Details – Very long process. 6 weeks after application submission got an email informing that they would like to interview me on the phone. Scheduling phone interview took 4 weeks. 2 weeks later received an offer.

Interview Questions

• what is your experience relevant to this post in our countries of operation? why would you like to work for EBRD?   Answer Question
  • taking into the consideration EBRD countrie sof operation what are the main difficulties in working there that you recognise? tell us about a recent project you have been involved in? what did you like/dislike about it?   Answer Question

Worked for EBRD? Contribute to the Community!