EBS Healthcare

Updated Feb 4, 2015
Updated Feb 4, 2015

2.0

Speech Language Pathologist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EBS Healthcare in January 2015.

Applied online and received an email the next day asking when would be a good time for the recruiter to call and speak to me. Called me when she said she would and it was very casual and simple. She told me I could expect two more interviews. One of the interviews with two directors of EBS and one with the school they are partnered with in Chicago.

Interview Questions
    • What my career interests are and we also talked about my experience and what setting I would be interested in...   Answer Question

Speech Language Pathologist CF Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person – interviewed at EBS Healthcare.

The interview was at the ASHA conference. My interviewer was very friendly and informative. She mainly asked about my clinical experience in school, with specific questions such as my most challenging client and how I take data. Overall, it was a laid back and enjoyable interview.

Occupational Therapist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EBS Healthcare in June 2014.

Staff was very friendly and cooperative. In hindsight, some false promises were made (like extensive support and mentorship for new grads). No clinical questions or tests. Very little room for negotiation.

Speech-Language Pathologist Interview

I spoke with an SLP (and hiring manager?) who spoke highly of EBS without sounding like she was reading a script. We talked for about 40 minutes about my experience, my interests, what I was looking for, and EBS.

Interview Questions
    • Only very typical questions about experience, interests, passions, etc.   Answer Question

Speech Language Pathologist-school Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at EBS Healthcare.

I completed two over the phone interviews with 2 different HR reps. Both were very friendly and encouraging.

Interview Questions
    • What area would you like to grow professionally in over the next 5 years.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my contract. Do research before hand regarding salary of other therapist in your area with the same years of experience as you. This will help you determine what hourly rate you should ask for. Keeping in mind that you do not get paid for holidays, breaks, snow days, etc. Also don't be afraid to ask for compensation for state dues, organization dues, etc. The worst thing they can say is, "No".

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at EBS Healthcare.

HR set up an interview with regional clinical director within days. The interview was not difficult at all, and everything was smooth. The clinical director was able to share personal experience with new CFs in recent years.

Interview Questions
    • Not really. Just the basic stuff - experience/interests/etc.   Answer Question
    You have to have other offers in order to negotiate.

Speech Language Pathologist Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EBS Healthcare in July 2011.

Got phone call from out of the blue, company looking for contract therapist in my area w/a school system. Talked with original recruiter in a comfortable way (didn't seem like a "structured" interview), his supervisor called me after that & talked, again comfortably, not like a stressful interview-just telling my experience & goals. Got hired soon after that. Not much negotiating room on hourly reimbursement pay rate.

Interview Questions
    Not good possibility of negotiating higher pay; if company would consider paying more, there would subsequently be a reduction in some other area of "benefits" or perks. Be sure to read contract carefully & if you want changes, don't sign it until changes are made. Be sure you get reimbursement for your state licensure fees, ASHA certif. renewal, & allowance for materials/attending CEU events.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at EBS Healthcare in January 2011.

Initial contacts with HR personnel were very pleasant and informative. They told me lots of pertinent info regarding the company and readily answered any and all questions I had. We set up a later time for the formal "interview", and the HR person was prompt in contacting me at that exact time. I was asked general questions concerning my reasons for wanting to switch environments (I've worked many years in a different setting), what I feel my clinical strengths are, and what I could bring to the company.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you wanting to switch from your present clinical setting?   Answer Question
    We went back and forth a few days regarding salary given my level of experience and finally came to an agreement. Not much from their side by way of negotiating other issues.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EBS Healthcare in January 2008.

I posted my resume on Monster.com. EBS Healthcare contacted me within two days. They asked me about my interests and qualifications. They also inquired about what I would like to get paid. I gave them a salary and they made me an offer the next day. I met with the area supervisor the next day, signed my contract, and received my assignment.

Interview Questions
    • What type of salary are you looking for?   View Answer
    • What population would you like to work with?   View Answer

Speech-Language Pathologist CFY Interview

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at EBS Healthcare in January 2011.

I started my interview process much ealier than my peers. I initially contacted EBS via e-mail in October 2010, then I received a phone call shortly there after. I completed a phone interview and interviewed with them in person at their convention booth during the 2010 ASHA Convention in November. Most of the phone calls and interviews were in a conversational style however the quesions were very specific so you must be well prepared and know what you secifically want before starting an interview. I prepared for a month before interviewing with EBS.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in a school setting?   View Answer
    BE SPECIFIC about what you want, what you expect from the company, what you can offer, and get it in writing. I spoke with several people representing EBS during the interview process and they all talked about how great the company was and how many opportunities there were, HOWEVER, it was challenging for people to give me specific details in writing. You must be a strong negotiator and enter the interview process well prepared and well versed in tactics and strategies to best represent your level of education, competence and willingness to work for them given the right offer. Be prepared to work for what you want, MAKE THEM PUT IT IN WRITING! Words and small talk are not enough. This is true of any interview. Businesses want to pay you less but you need to advocate for yourself to get the best offer possible