EBS Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015

1.9

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EBS Healthcare.

Interview

phone interview very friendly interview, asked about interests and what population i would like to work with, what do i look for in a company,. first i spoke with HR and then with a SLP supervisor

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the responsibilities you have at your graduate externship?   Answer Question

SLP CYF Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EBS Healthcare (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Several phone calls over a few weeks, talking with recruiter, employed therapist, and director of therapy for the region. They just wanted to get to know more about me and inform me on the clinical experiences I could expect, as well as informing me of all the different resources the company offers.

Interview Questions

• What populations did you interact with in the school system?   Answer Question

Speech Language Pathologist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at EBS Healthcare in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an email the next day asking when would be a good time for the recruiter to call and speak to me. Called me when she said she would and it was very casual and simple. She told me I could expect two more interviews. One of the interviews with two directors of EBS and one with the school they are partnered with in Chicago.

Interview Questions

• What my career interests are and we also talked about my experience and what setting I would be interested in...   Answer Question

Speech Language Pathologist CF Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at EBS Healthcare (Orlando, FL).

Interview

The interview was at the ASHA conference. My interviewer was very friendly and informative. She mainly asked about my clinical experience in school, with specific questions such as my most challenging client and how I take data. Overall, it was a laid back and enjoyable interview.

Occupational Therapist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EBS Healthcare in June 2014.

Interview

Staff was very friendly and cooperative. In hindsight, some false promises were made (like extensive support and mentorship for new grads). No clinical questions or tests. Very little room for negotiation.

Interview Questions

Interview

I spoke with an SLP (and hiring manager?) who spoke highly of EBS without sounding like she was reading a script. We talked for about 40 minutes about my experience, my interests, what I was looking for, and EBS.

Interview Questions

• Only very typical questions about experience, interests, passions, etc.   Answer Question

Speech Language Pathologist-school Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at EBS Healthcare.

Interview

I completed two over the phone interviews with 2 different HR reps. Both were very friendly and encouraging.

Interview Questions

• What area would you like to grow professionally in over the next 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my contract. Do research before hand regarding salary of other therapist in your area with the same years of experience as you. This will help you determine what hourly rate you should ask for. Keeping in mind that you do not get paid for holidays, breaks, snow days, etc. Also don't be afraid to ask for compensation for state dues, organization dues, etc. The worst thing they can say is, "No".

Speech-Language Pathologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at EBS Healthcare (San Jose, CA).

Interview

HR set up an interview with regional clinical director within days. The interview was not difficult at all, and everything was smooth. The clinical director was able to share personal experience with new CFs in recent years.

Interview Questions

• Not really. Just the basic stuff - experience/interests/etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You have to have other offers in order to negotiate.

Speech Language Pathologist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EBS Healthcare in July 2011.

Interview

Got phone call from out of the blue, company looking for contract therapist in my area w/a school system. Talked with original recruiter in a comfortable way (didn't seem like a "structured" interview), his supervisor called me after that & talked, again comfortably, not like a stressful interview-just telling my experience & goals. Got hired soon after that. Not much negotiating room on hourly reimbursement pay rate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not good possibility of negotiating higher pay; if company would consider paying more, there would subsequently be a reduction in some other area of "benefits" or perks. Be sure to read contract carefully & if you want changes, don't sign it until changes are made. Be sure you get reimbursement for your state licensure fees, ASHA certif. renewal, & allowance for materials/attending CEU events.

Speech-Language Pathologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at EBS Healthcare (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Initial contacts with HR personnel were very pleasant and informative. They told me lots of pertinent info regarding the company and readily answered any and all questions I had. We set up a later time for the formal "interview", and the HR person was prompt in contacting me at that exact time. I was asked general questions concerning my reasons for wanting to switch environments (I've worked many years in a different setting), what I feel my clinical strengths are, and what I could bring to the company.

Interview Questions

• Why are you wanting to switch from your present clinical setting?   Answer Question

Negotiation

We went back and forth a few days regarding salary given my level of experience and finally came to an agreement. Not much from their side by way of negotiating other issues.