EBSCO Information Services Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.8

Director, OD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ipswich, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at EBSCO Information Services (Ipswich, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied on Glassdoor. About two weeks later I received an email from an admin saying the CIO wanted to interview me. I selected from the available dates and had a 45 min phone interview with him. At the end of the call he asked me to fly to Ipswich for another interview. Talk about red carpet! His admin made all the arrangements. They flew me in, sent a chauffeured car to get me at the airport, and put me up in the loveliest bed and breakfast. EBSCO really knows how to court a candidate.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were unlike any I've encountered. Instead of the standard "tell me about a time.." questions, I was given current company scenarios and asked how I would solve them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

EBSCO HR makes the process manageable. The hiring manager calls to make the offer and then HR calls to check on you to make sure you're happy with the result. No need to really negotiate. When they ask you a range it's because they intend to get there. Very smooth process.

Business Unit Report Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ipswich, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EBSCO Information Services (Ipswich, MA).

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted by the HR after two weeks. Then a test on PHP script was sent to me after a month. Then got an onsite call immediately the next week.

QA Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ipswich, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EBSCO Information Services (Ipswich, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through careers website. I got a mail for setting up an Telephonic Interview. Telephonic Interview was about 15 mins and asked some basic questions about my projects,work experience, programming skills I have in my resume.I was called for onsite Interview.I was Interviewed my 4 people.It was around 1 hour 30 minutes Interview.Each person Interviewed for about 35-30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• I was asked regarding my projects,some questions about joins in SQL. They asked me about the automation tools and experience I have using them. They also asked my skills for documentation and some programming questions in c++ ,Java . Interviewers are very friendly and cool.   Answer Question

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ipswich, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EBSCO Information Services (Ipswich, MA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview is not so technical-oriented, the only technical question I was ask about is fairly easy questions about basic C# and some question about web service. Interviewers will talk more about their team's job and the structure, as well as business.

Interview Questions

• Not really familiar with SOAP since I've only been finishing academic projects in web page development instead of web service development, also not so familiar with XML data storage API since I've been using JSON.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ipswich, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EBSCO Information Services (Ipswich, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

There was one phone interview and one onsite interview. General HR questions were asked during phone interviews. Questions regarding my previous work experience and behavioral questions were asked. Basic Java related technical questions asked during onsite interview. Also, questions regarding software development life cycle were asked.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Initial multi-person phone screen: A little intense but not terrible. Technical exercise: Great and appropriate for the skill-level. Face-to-Face Interview: One of the best I've experienced.

Interview Questions

• Exactly what area of development I would like to work on -- on the spot.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ipswich, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EBSCO Information Services (Ipswich, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

Three step process; Initial phone screening, interview with your potential direct manager, then final interview with VP of Sales. The interview with the direct manager was the main part of the process. The phone call was to see if you were truly interested and available to work, and to confirm general information. 1:1 with manager was to gauge your knowledge of sales and the company. The 1:1 with the VP of sales was more of a chance for them to evaluate your character, as you mainly just discussed life experiences, etc.

Interview Questions

• They asked simple questions to see if you understood basic sales strategies. They also asked basic questions to see if you knew what services EBSCO provides.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EBSCO Information Services.

Interview

The interview was extremely simple. I think a monkey could pass it. probably why they get stuck with sub par developers. I think one of the interviewers was falling asleep while I was writing code on the whiteboard. The other just tried to trip me up constantly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to move to Alabama?   1 Answer

Negotiation

super simple

Business Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at EBSCO Information Services.

Interview

Personal Interview and presentation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

one time final negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EBSCO Information Services.

Interview

I interned for the team while I was finishing my masters in Computer Science. I was offered a full time position at the end of the internship.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked revolved around Java concurrency, web services, scaling of large systems.   1 Answer