EBSCO

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Support Representative for Novelist/Durham, NC Interview

Technical Support Representative for Novelist/Durham, NC
Durham, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EBSCO in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was solicited by them via Dice, but I was not actively looking for new work. Emailed by them and provided details about the job and requirements. On the third leg of the process, after 2 phone interviews, when I was eventually invited to do a face-to-face. 1st phone interview was 5 minutes, 2nd follow-up telephone interview was 30 minutes; face-to-face was slotted to be and hour or more longer with skills assessment on site.

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Software Quality Engineer
Birmingham, AL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at EBSCO in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter, but at the time, wasn't sure I was in the market. The time between the initial contact and the ultimate interview arrangement was a few months, which was perfect, as this period encompassed Christmas and New Years. The interview included team leads as well as the manager, which I thought was a plus. It also included a quiz on database queries/structure, which I also thought was a plus, and showed that the company was serious about getting the right person for the particular job.

Interview Question – I was asked about what kind of specific query would I use to achieve a specific data result.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate as I was pleased with the offer. The nicest thing was that the response was very quick, and by that same afternoon, I had the offer.

Order Processing Representative Interview

Order Processing Representative

Interviewed at EBSCO

Interview Details – interview is done in several parts meeting with several people. you are told upfront to not expect a raise

Customer Service Manager Interview

Customer Service Manager
Kent, OH

The process took 3 days - interviewed at EBSCO in May 2009.

Interview Details – I went in, filled out an application, scheduled an interview. The interview was one on one, he asked me a few basic questions about my experience, then gave a sheet to read. He then asked me about how I would handle certain circumstances. Then he explained to be how the pay scale and what not.

Interview Question – How would you handle an angry customer?   Answer Question

BI Architect Interview

BI Architect
Birmingham, AL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EBSCO in September 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was fine and quick. The job inself was not defined and expectations were set by folks who did not know a thing about the technology. The management was totally out of touch with technology. The company retains employees for a long time and it's like a mafia of who know who.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The manager who negotiated salary with me was excellent and did a great job in trying to keep me happy.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for EBSCO? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EBSCO interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by EBSCO employees and interview candidates.