EBSCO Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015
Updated Mar 16, 2015

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at EBSCO.

Interview

Interview Panel (~1 hour):
    * questioning about previous experience
    * round-robin technical questions with developers from different teams (OOP, database design, design patterns, C#)
    * work a problem on the white board
    * chance to ask questions to panel members

2x Manager Interviews (~30 min each):
    * information about the company
    * questions about previous work experience
    * questions about interpersonal skills

Interview Questions

• Why do you think C# limits the programmer to single inheritance? What are the benefits? How do you get around it?   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative for Novelist/Durham, NC Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EBSCO (Durham, NC) in November 2013.

Interview

I was solicited by them via Dice, but I was not actively looking for new work. Emailed by them and provided details about the job and requirements. On the third leg of the process, after 2 phone interviews, when I was eventually invited to do a face-to-face. 1st phone interview was 5 minutes, 2nd follow-up telephone interview was 30 minutes; face-to-face was slotted to be and hour or more longer with skills assessment on site.

Order Processing Representative Interview

Interview

interview is done in several parts meeting with several people. you are told upfront to not expect a raise

BI Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at EBSCO (Boston, MA) in November 2011.

Interview

The Interview process was Simple. They ask about your Master's projects, OOPs fundamentals, what kind of work have you done before, what are your expectations from the current team. Where do you see yourself in next 5 years?

Interview Questions

• Explain what I did in my master's project   1 Answer

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at EBSCO (Birmingham, AL) in February 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, but at the time, wasn't sure I was in the market. The time between the initial contact and the ultimate interview arrangement was a few months, which was perfect, as this period encompassed Christmas and New Years. The interview included team leads as well as the manager, which I thought was a plus. It also included a quiz on database queries/structure, which I also thought was a plus, and showed that the company was serious about getting the right person for the particular job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about what kind of specific query would I use to achieve a specific data result.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate as I was pleased with the offer. The nicest thing was that the response was very quick, and by that same afternoon, I had the offer.

BI Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EBSCO (Birmingham, AL) in September 2010.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was fine and quick. The job inself was not defined and expectations were set by folks who did not know a thing about the technology. The management was totally out of touch with technology. The company retains employees for a long time and it's like a mafia of who know who.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The manager who negotiated salary with me was excellent and did a great job in trying to keep me happy.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at EBSCO (Kent, OH) in May 2009.

Interview

I went in, filled out an application, scheduled an interview. The interview was one on one, he asked me a few basic questions about my experience, then gave a sheet to read. He then asked me about how I would handle certain circumstances. Then he explained to be how the pay scale and what not.