EBSCO Publishing

Updated Oct 2, 2014
Updated Oct 2, 2014

3.1

Discovery Solutions Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EBSCO Publishing.

After I applied online I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview and was then offered an onsite interview. When I first got to the site I had to answer a mock customer service situation on the computer and then I was interviewed by 2 managers at the same time. One was very into the interview and the second seemed like she didn't want anything to do with being there. Overall it was a decent interview. I was surprised I got a call to inform me that they choose to hire from within.

Interview Questions
    • I had to respond to a mock customer service situation on the computer. Not too difficult.   Answer Question

Discovery Solutions Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ipswich, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EBSCO Publishing.

Initial phone interview and then a basic onsite interview. First I had to respond to a mock customer service situation on the computer and then met with 2 managers. Normal questions, One manager seemed intrigued and another seemed like they wanted to do anything but the interview. Overall I thought is was a decent interview.

Interview Questions
    • The toughest part of the interview was the mock customer service situation.   Answer Question

Software Developer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ipswich, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at EBSCO Publishing in March 2014.

It was a very very quick process. I had applied through Linked in. One morning Hiring manager called and surprise interviewed me for about half an hour. Questions were basic OO concepts and basics of CS. They immediately called me for an onsite interview.
    In the onsite interview, I interviewed with 3 teams of 2, about 40 min per team.
    Questions were thought provoking and tested reasoning ability.
    Nothing unexpected. Was asked primarily on what was required for job and things in my resume.
    Very very nice people. very good atmosphere to work.Good pay, Great benefits. It was extremely hard to decline the offer. The manager and recruiter both called me to know if there was any way to keep me.

Interview Questions
    • Selenium: How would you handle 3000 elements on a page. REST Architecture   Answer Question

I declined because I got another offer for a Dev position.

Network Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EBSCO Publishing.

I applied online, received quick response from HR person to setup time for phone interview. The HR person never followed through for phone interview as previously arranged. No call, no email. I called and emailed him several times to no avail. But several months later, after the position had been cycling all over the job boards, here comes Mr. HR person. Well, I politely wished him luck!

Interview Questions
    • There was no interview. Silly blunder and disrespect for job applicants   Answer Question

Editor Interview

All applications are submitted online. Interview in person. The hiring process wasn't too formal or informal, it was simple and not intimidating, though it depends on the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • In what cases would you send emails versus talking to your supervisor in person?   Answer Question

Abstractor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EBSCO Publishing.

They gave me a test to see if I could write concisely.

Interview Questions
    • It was weird being in a room with a bunch of other applicants when taking a writing and editing test.   Answer Question

Creative Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EBSCO Publishing in March 2013.

I was first contacted by a recruiter and a phone interview was scheduled with the hiring manager. The day of the phone interview, I was informed that the hiring manager had better things to do (meetings) and I ended up interviewing with a gentleman in an lateral position in the same business segment. He seemed unprepared for the interview and asked very few questions. He described the role in detail, but neglected to ask me pertinent questions regarding my experience. I was also told the time frame for hiring was two months, which seemed unusually long. I followed up with the recruiter via email, but she did not have the courtesy to respond to my inquiry.

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ipswich, MA

Three interviews - one screening, one introductory, and one group

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were pretty straightforward. The presentation in the group meeting was the most difficult part. Knowledge of the publishing industry and digital publishing in particular is critical.   Answer Question

Another offer

Technical Support-help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ipswich, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EBSCO Publishing in November 2012.

Had phone interview with hiring manager. then went in took a written test and computer skills test. Next had face to face with 3 managers. took 2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • How did you bring the group together during difficult times   View Answer

Pay was very low and hours weren't great 11-7pm

Customer Satisfaction Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ipswich, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at EBSCO Publishing in April 2012.

I was hired for a new position internally so the process was different than my initial interview. I first spoke with my previous manager who had indicated that I would be a good fit for the position. With their approval I submitted an application on-line for the position which led to an in person interview with both the hiring manager for the new department as well as the direct supervisor for the position. The interview consisted of the usual questions, ie. 'what are your career goals?' and 'how do you handle adverse situations?' but overall was fairly informal and comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty straightforward with no really unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question