EBSCO Publishing

20 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer In Test Interview

Ipswich, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EBSCO Publishing in March 2014.

Interview Details – It was a very very quick process. I had applied through Linked in. One morning Hiring manager called and surprise interviewed me for about half an hour. Questions were basic OO concepts and basics of CS. They immediately called me for an onsite interview.
In the onsite interview, I interviewed with 3 teams of 2, about 40 min per team.
Questions were thought provoking and tested reasoning ability.
Nothing unexpected. Was asked primarily on what was required for job and things in my resume.
Very very nice people. very good atmosphere to work.Good pay, Great benefits. It was extremely hard to decline the offer. The manager and recruiter both called me to know if there was any way to keep me.

Interview Question – Selenium: How would you handle 3000 elements on a page. REST Architecture   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined because I got another offer for a Dev position.

Network Engineer Interview

I applied online and interviewed at EBSCO Publishing.

Interview Details – I applied online, received quick response from HR person to setup time for phone interview. The HR person never followed through for phone interview as previously arranged. No call, no email. I called and emailed him several times to no avail. But several months later, after the position had been cycling all over the job boards, here comes Mr. HR person. Well, I politely wished him luck!

Interview Question – There was no interview. Silly blunder and disrespect for job applicants   Answer Question

Editor Interview

Editor

Interviewed at EBSCO Publishing

Interview Details – All applications are submitted online. Interview in person. The hiring process wasn't too formal or informal, it was simple and not intimidating, though it depends on the interviewer.

Interview Question – In what cases would you send emails versus talking to your supervisor in person?   Answer Question

Abstractor Interview

Abstractor

I applied online and interviewed at EBSCO Publishing.

Interview Details – They gave me a test to see if I could write concisely.

Interview Question – It was weird being in a room with a bunch of other applicants when taking a writing and editing test.   Answer Question

Creative Director Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EBSCO Publishing in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by a recruiter and a phone interview was scheduled with the hiring manager. The day of the phone interview, I was informed that the hiring manager had better things to do (meetings) and I ended up interviewing with a gentleman in an lateral position in the same business segment. He seemed unprepared for the interview and asked very few questions. He described the role in detail, but neglected to ask me pertinent questions regarding my experience. I was also told the time frame for hiring was two months, which seemed unusually long. I followed up with the recruiter via email, but she did not have the courtesy to respond to my inquiry.

Technical Support-help Desk Interview

Ipswich, MA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EBSCO Publishing in November 2012.

Interview Details – Had phone interview with hiring manager. then went in took a written test and computer skills test. Next had face to face with 3 managers. took 2 hours.

Interview Question – How did you bring the group together during difficult times   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Pay was very low and hours weren't great 11-7pm

Key Account Manager Interview

Interviewed at EBSCO Publishing

Interview Details – Three interviews - one screening, one introductory, and one group

Interview Question – Most of the questions were pretty straightforward. The presentation in the group meeting was the most difficult part. Knowledge of the publishing industry and digital publishing in particular is critical.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Another offer

Customer Satisfaction Interview

Ipswich, MA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at EBSCO Publishing in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was hired for a new position internally so the process was different than my initial interview. I first spoke with my previous manager who had indicated that I would be a good fit for the position. With their approval I submitted an application on-line for the position which led to an in person interview with both the hiring manager for the new department as well as the direct supervisor for the position. The interview consisted of the usual questions, ie. 'what are your career goals?' and 'how do you handle adverse situations?' but overall was fairly informal and comfortable.

Interview Question – Pretty straightforward with no really unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Bibliographic Services Interview

Ipswich, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at EBSCO Publishing in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and a few days later got an email and phone call for an initial interview with human resources, over the phone. It went well with questions about why I've been out of work, if I am working
now, and whether I have all of the qualifications for the position. Interview ended with an indication that the results would be run by the hiring manager and I would be contacted if they were further interested. Job was reposted online soon after.

Interview Questions

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Durham, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at EBSCO Publishing in December 2010.

Interview Details – Talked with the manager about my general job history and why I had left each position. He also asked about general personality stuff, eg what are your strengths, your weaknesses.

Then I met with the senior engineer and went through a series of web application questions: .Net Asp.net, MVC, JavaScript, SQL, HTML, XSL, C#

Interview Question – Create a CRUD MVC web application that stores data in SQL server.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were firm with their offer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for EBSCO Publishing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EBSCO Publishing interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by EBSCO Publishing employees and interview candidates.