ECI Telecom

Updated Oct 2, 2014

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ECI Telecom in April 2010.

Flew me out to Pittsburgh a couple days early to see the city. Most of the staff was quite friendly. Out of the 6 people I met with, 1 was very difficult asking for specific C++ syntax memorization type material

Interview Questions
    • STL, maps, linked list implementation, dealing with input streams and file descriptors   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ECI Telecom in November 2007.

This was the interview process when applying for a co-op after sophomore year:

I had a one on one interview on campus after initially submitting my resume at a campus job fair. They asked a few personality/HR type questions, but since the interview was with an Engineer, he moved on to some more technical questions. I don't think I did all that well, so I didn't expect to hear back.

About a week later I did hear back again, though. They offered to drive me in for an on-site interview that last about 4 hours. I got interviewed by three separate programmers, who all asked whiteboarding questions. I had listed C++ experience on my resume, though it was limited. I had made it clear that the vast majority of my experience was in Java, but in the interview they insisted that I try writing out my code in C++. This really made me nervous, and that plus a lack of experience in doing whiteboard exercises pretty much made the interview process miserable. Needless to say I didn't get an offer, but I did get a free lunch of out the deal, and a chauffeured car ride to their office.

Tips:
    -Know your algorithms and data types. As a senior Comp. Engineer major, these would have been pretty easy to answer in the interview. At the time it was all new stuff to me though.
    -Practice whiteboarding code examples.

Interview Questions
    • Implement a linked list and a method to sort the list.   Answer Question

Student Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ECI Telecom in September 2014.

there are three steps :*3 questions exam which examine your threaded environment design skills
                                       *1 on 1 inteview about your CV and design
                                       *HR+iq

Student Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaẖ Tiqwa (Israel)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaẖ Tiqwa (Israel)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ECI Telecom in August 2014.

The process had three parts:
    The first part was interview with the manager of the developing department and with someone from HR. They asked me a lot of questions most of them was about data structures and about java.
    The second part is easier but exhausting, they giving you to do tests in style of SAT.
    the last part is interview with psychologist- didn't done that yet.

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at ECI Telecom in June 2014.

contains 6 rounds.
    First round was simple.Its basic c and aptitude.
    You may get java questions too.
    Second round was face to face interview. But i couldn't clear that.
    Next round was also face to face interview

Systems Engineer Interview

There were 3 rounds of technical interviews
    1. Telephonic
    2. Coding - You have to execute the program
    3. Technical round
    4. Technical round
    5. HR round

You can expect core java, data structures , Threading and EJB related questions

Interview Questions
    • Was coding on the laptop and had to produce the result in an hour's time   Answer Question
    You can negotiate. Salary is quite good.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ECI Telecom.

first one was for telephone interview. Interviews from morning 9 to evening 8'0 clock for 5 rounds of interview focused on DS and Algo , C++ littlbit

Looked Very Promising and Signs of A Great Company But Alas!!! Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at ECI Telecom.

1) 2 Telephonic Interview
    Very Simpe Questions.Mostly on what you have worked. For me it was SONET/SDH/OTN and Java
    2) Cleared both .Got a call for F2F.
    3) 5 Technical Rounds. Cleared.
    Different people come and takes interview on different subject. you may not Know everything , but it is healthy experience. If you don't know any thing say outright. Don't pretend.

4) 1 managerial Round.Cleared

The call to this job was received from an Agent. With in a week offer was made.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly they will ask you domain knowledge only. Be well prepared. Questions are very intresting   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petah Tikva (Israel)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petah Tikva (Israel)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ECI Telecom.

Interview process was quite short , lasted about 10 days.
    professional interview with the team leader - mostly about networking.
    HR computer test of basic knowledge - quite easy , tests the knowledge in english, math and such things.
    Final interview with the AVP , just a talk , about you and your life and your goals.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated only about the vacation days, as the starting salary was very high and good.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in `Omer (Israel)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in `Omer (Israel)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at ECI Telecom in October 2012.

There was an IQ test (several long hours in front of a computer) and two technical interviews. After that -a talk with HR.

Interview Questions
    • Implement Merge Sort. Follow up questions: Run time? Space? How may frames opened on stack?   Answer Question
    • Implement Singleton design pattern. Now make it thread safe.   Answer Question