ECI Telecom

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ECI Telecom in April 2010.

Interview Details – Flew me out to Pittsburgh a couple days early to see the city. Most of the staff was quite friendly. Out of the 6 people I met with, 1 was very difficult asking for specific C++ syntax memorization type material

Interview Question – STL, maps, linked list implementation, dealing with input streams and file descriptors   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Software Engineering Interview

Software Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ECI Telecom in November 2007.

Interview Details – This was the interview process when applying for a co-op after sophomore year:

I had a one on one interview on campus after initially submitting my resume at a campus job fair. They asked a few personality/HR type questions, but since the interview was with an Engineer, he moved on to some more technical questions. I don't think I did all that well, so I didn't expect to hear back.

About a week later I did hear back again, though. They offered to drive me in for an on-site interview that last about 4 hours. I got interviewed by three separate programmers, who all asked whiteboarding questions. I had listed C++ experience on my resume, though it was limited. I had made it clear that the vast majority of my experience was in Java, but in the interview they insisted that I try writing out my code in C++. This really made me nervous, and that plus a lack of experience in doing whiteboard exercises pretty much made the interview process miserable. Needless to say I didn't get an offer, but I did get a free lunch of out the deal, and a chauffeured car ride to their office.

Tips:
-Know your algorithms and data types. As a senior Comp. Engineer major, these would have been pretty easy to answer in the interview. At the time it was all new stuff to me though.
-Practice whiteboarding code examples.

Interview Question – Implement a linked list and a method to sort the list.   Answer Question

`Omer (Israel)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at ECI Telecom in October 2012.

Interview Details – There was an IQ test (several long hours in front of a computer) and two technical interviews. After that -a talk with HR.

Interview Questions

• Implement Merge Sort. Follow up questions: Run time? Space? How may frames opened on stack?   Answer Question
  • Implement Singleton design pattern. Now make it thread safe.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

3. Technical round
4. Technical round
5. HR round

You can expect core java, data structures , Threading and EJB related questions

Interview Question – Was coding on the laptop and had to produce the result in an hour's time   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate. Salary is quite good.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ECI Telecom in January 2011.

Interview Details – Telephonic interview having some basic stuffs on networking domain.2 tech interview conducted by senior employess and final interview by managers.Followed by HR Interview. For freshers they will have a written test aswell(aptitude test and technical.).

For technical interview they asked :-
1)On Operating system// mainly on threads ,dead lock,critical section problem...
2)Basics of networking and some basic protocols like MPLS,LDP...
3)C++ concepts and data structurs like linked list,stack...They even ask us to program using these concepts.

Software Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ECI Telecom.

Interview Details – first one was for telephone interview. Interviews from morning 9 to evening 8'0 clock for 5 rounds of interview focused on DS and Algo , C++ littlbit

Interview Question – Implement Algo process in router   View Answer

Java Software Engineer Interview

Java Software Engineer
Petah Tikva (Israel)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at ECI Telecom in February 2012.

Interview Details – Attended an exam/interview day at the company HQ at Petach-Tikva with three other candidates. The first part was an exam designed to test general intelligence, similar in style to many SAT exams. After that came a written exam to check the candidate's knowledge in Java.

After that, the two of us that passed were interviewed by a group manager. I was asked 4 different questions:
1) How do you detect if there is a loop in a linked list.
2) A question about design patterns that I do not remember (I flunked this one).
3) Implement a comparator for 4 binary signals, provided you have a comparator for 2.
4) Simple Geometry question (what is the shortest distance between two opposing vertices of a 3D cube).

Interviewer told me I passed it and sent me to an interview with the head of the team I was supposed to work under. He showed me a few examples of code in Java and asked me to find the bugs if there were any, I found them easy enough.

Also did an interview with HR.

After a week I got called up by HR and told I got the job, but that the company still hasn't opened the position, as there were some financial difficulties. After several weeks of 1 call a week on average from my side, I was told that they eventually closed the position completely and were not taking anyone in.

Interview Question – Question about design patterns that I was unfamiliar with.   View Answer

Automation Test Engineer At OND Interview

Automation Test Engineer At OND
Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ECI Telecom in May 2010.

Interview Details – Firstly a couple of over the phone intervies ( Technical interview ) and then a face to face technical interview and then a personal one to one talk with the man in charge.

Interview Question – do you have patience?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – My mistake i did. Negotiated a little on increase in package and they agreed.

Looked Very Promising and Signs of A Great Company But Alas!!! Interview

Looked Very Promising and Signs of A Great Company But Alas!!!
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ECI Telecom.

Interview Details – 1) 2 Telephonic Interview
Very Simpe Questions.Mostly on what you have worked. For me it was SONET/SDH/OTN and Java
2) Cleared both .Got a call for F2F.
3) 5 Technical Rounds. Cleared.
Different people come and takes interview on different subject. you may not Know everything , but it is healthy experience. If you don't know any thing say outright. Don't pretend.

4) 1 managerial Round.Cleared

The call to this job was received from an Agent. With in a week offer was made.

Interview Question – Mostly they will ask you domain knowledge only. Be well prepared. Questions are very intresting   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Verification Engineer
Petah Tikva (Israel)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ECI Telecom.

Interview Details – Interview process was quite short , lasted about 10 days.
professional interview with the team leader - mostly about networking.
HR computer test of basic knowledge - quite easy , tests the knowledge in english, math and such things.
Final interview with the AVP , just a talk , about you and your life and your goals.

Interview Question – Networking questions , mainly on L2 in the OSI model.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated only about the vacation days, as the starting salary was very high and good.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for ECI Telecom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ECI Telecom interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by ECI Telecom employees and interview candidates.