ECI Telecom Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2014

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ECI Telecom in April 2010.

Flew me out to Pittsburgh a couple days early to see the city. Most of the staff was quite friendly. Out of the 6 people I met with, 1 was very difficult asking for specific C++ syntax memorization type material

Interview Questions
    • STL, maps, linked list implementation, dealing with input streams and file descriptors   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ECI Telecom in November 2007.

This was the interview process when applying for a co-op after sophomore year:

I had a one on one interview on campus after initially submitting my resume at a campus job fair. They asked a few personality/HR type questions, but since the interview was with an Engineer, he moved on to some more technical questions. I don't think I did all that well, so I didn't expect to hear back.

About a week later I did hear back again, though. They offered to drive me in for an on-site interview that last about 4 hours. I got interviewed by three separate programmers, who all asked whiteboarding questions. I had listed C++ experience on my resume, though it was limited. I had made it clear that the vast majority of my experience was in Java, but in the interview they insisted that I try writing out my code in C++. This really made me nervous, and that plus a lack of experience in doing whiteboard exercises pretty much made the interview process miserable. Needless to say I didn't get an offer, but I did get a free lunch of out the deal, and a chauffeured car ride to their office.

Tips:
    -Know your algorithms and data types. As a senior Comp. Engineer major, these would have been pretty easy to answer in the interview. At the time it was all new stuff to me though.
    -Practice whiteboarding code examples.

Interview Questions
    • Implement a linked list and a method to sort the list.   Answer Question

Student Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Petaẖ Tiqwa (Israel)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaẖ Tiqwa (Israel)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ECI Telecom in August 2014.

The process had three parts:
    The first part was interview with the manager of the developing department and with someone from HR. They asked me a lot of questions most of them was about data structures and about java.
    The second part is easier but exhausting, they giving you to do tests in style of SAT.
    the last part is interview with psychologist- didn't done that yet.

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at ECI Telecom in June 2014.

contains 6 rounds.
    First round was simple.Its basic c and aptitude.
    You may get java questions too.
    Second round was face to face interview. But i couldn't clear that.
    Next round was also face to face interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  `Omer (Israel)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in `Omer (Israel)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at ECI Telecom in October 2012.

There was an IQ test (several long hours in front of a computer) and two technical interviews. After that -a talk with HR.

Interview Questions
    • Implement Merge Sort. Follow up questions: Run time? Space? How may frames opened on stack?   Answer Question
    • Implement Singleton design pattern. Now make it thread safe.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

There were 3 rounds of technical interviews
    1. Telephonic
    2. Coding - You have to execute the program
    3. Technical round
    4. Technical round
    5. HR round

You can expect core java, data structures , Threading and EJB related questions

Interview Questions
    • Was coding on the laptop and had to produce the result in an hour's time   Answer Question
    You can negotiate. Salary is quite good.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ECI Telecom in January 2011.

Telephonic interview having some basic stuffs on networking domain.2 tech interview conducted by senior employess and final interview by managers.Followed by HR Interview. For freshers they will have a written test aswell(aptitude test and technical.).

For technical interview they asked :-
    1)On Operating system// mainly on threads ,dead lock,critical section problem...
    2)Basics of networking and some basic protocols like MPLS,LDP...
    3)C++ concepts and data structurs like linked list,stack...They even ask us to program using these concepts.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ECI Telecom.

first one was for telephone interview. Interviews from morning 9 to evening 8'0 clock for 5 rounds of interview focused on DS and Algo , C++ littlbit

Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Petah Tikva (Israel)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petah Tikva (Israel)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at ECI Telecom in February 2012.

Attended an exam/interview day at the company HQ at Petach-Tikva with three other candidates. The first part was an exam designed to test general intelligence, similar in style to many SAT exams. After that came a written exam to check the candidate's knowledge in Java.

After that, the two of us that passed were interviewed by a group manager. I was asked 4 different questions:
    1) How do you detect if there is a loop in a linked list.
    2) A question about design patterns that I do not remember (I flunked this one).
    3) Implement a comparator for 4 binary signals, provided you have a comparator for 2.
    4) Simple Geometry question (what is the shortest distance between two opposing vertices of a 3D cube).

Interviewer told me I passed it and sent me to an interview with the head of the team I was supposed to work under. He showed me a few examples of code in Java and asked me to find the bugs if there were any, I found them easy enough.

Also did an interview with HR.

After a week I got called up by HR and told I got the job, but that the company still hasn't opened the position, as there were some financial difficulties. After several weeks of 1 call a week on average from my side, I was told that they eventually closed the position completely and were not taking anyone in.

Interview Questions
    • Question about design patterns that I was unfamiliar with.   View Answer

Automation Test Engineer At OND Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ECI Telecom in May 2010.

Firstly a couple of over the phone intervies ( Technical interview ) and then a face to face technical interview and then a personal one to one talk with the man in charge.

Interview Questions
    My mistake i did. Negotiated a little on increase in package and they agreed.

Worked for ECI Telecom? Contribute to the Community!