EDF Energy

Updated Jan 19, 2015
Updated Jan 19, 2015

3.5

Graduate Mechanical Engineering Interview

After having passed the online tests (end of November), I had the phone interview with EDF about two weeks later (mid-December). Answer to be in mid-January. The Assessment Centre is supposed to be taken (if the candidate is successful) by the end of January.

Interview Questions
    • Questions:

-motivational ones: role, company..
      -when you dealt with a project being under pressure
      -once you went the extra mile to gain trust
      -once you inspired team members

Answer Question

Graduate Finance Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EDF Energy in January 2015.

the interview lasted for half an hour. it was a telephone interview. i was asked only 3 questions,one motivational and two competency questions. you're meant to aswer questions as if they know nothing about your cv and application form.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you have had to gain trust and what did you learn from it, why finance,time when you have worked in a team when there was conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Graduate Scheme Interview

Two weeks after my online application, I received a phone interview asking about my background and what I have learnt from my previous internship experience. Then asking about why you want to join EDF, and your experience regarding to teamwork and leadership. The interviewer is very nice and willing to share information about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you have had to gain trust and how you did it?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EDF Energy in November 2014.

The first stage was an online application followed by online numerical tests. This was followed by a telephone interview where competency based question were asked. I found the telephone interview difficult but the interviewer was very calm and helpful.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EDF Energy.

Went for assessment centre in Cheltenham. First day was all Human resource related activities. I had to re take the online test to prove it was done by myself. the second day was one technical interview done by edf energy engineers. Not everyone progressed to the second day, they had to prove their capabilities on the first day.

Industrial Placement Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at EDF Energy.

During interviews, focus on the interconnection between your specific skills and what the company requires for this position. Do not be afraid of asking the questions that will lead you to show your skills. For example, if you have foreign language skills, ask if this language is needed. It may well be your lucky day.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like more Britain or France?   View Answer

Industrial Placement Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EDF Energy.

Online application followed by 2 psychometric test.. these are a lot harder than the practice ones. If successful telephone interview which is competency based not technical at all. If you pass this then you go through to an assessment centre which lasts 2 days.The first day consists of 3 group exercises note it is not about getting the correct answer it's literally seeing how well you work in a team. On this day you also repeat the tests so practice before hand!! The next morning half of the people are sent home and the rest go on for a technical interview. Know how to draw a Nuclear power plant !! You must know the fundamentals of its operation, anything you say/mention be prepared to back it up. However they know you are student so don't worry too much if you don't know the answer, just think logically. Know your health and safety inside out and also environmental regulations. This is supposed to be the last step however in my case it wasn't 4 weeks later I was asked to do another interview this time at one of their locations, questions where relatively the same but it was a mix of technical and competency so please be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • what do we do with the solid,liquid and gas waste? What water is used in the nuclear reactors?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EDF Energy in June 2014.

1 Online application form
    2 Online assessments
                    two steps of tests, logic and numerical.
    3 Telephone interview
                    competency focused
    4 Assessment Centre
                    two days assessment centre, three group exercises and two exams in the day one, and interviews in the day two

Interview Questions
    • competency questions based on the experience provided in the application form   Answer Question

EDF Graduate Scheme Interview

CV screening-phone interview-face to face interview and psychometric tests- final interview.
    After passing the phone interview I was emailed to get to London the next week for the face to face competency interview, as well as for completing the psychometric tests. If successful at this stage, you will be asked to take part in interview by HR and technical personnel of EDF in London.

Interview Questions
    • No tricky questions at all. The interviewer asked me about some CV clarifications and then some competency based / motivation questions.   Answer Question

Functional Business Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at EDF Energy in February 2014.

The length of time between the original closing date and interview date of nearly 4 months is the longest I have ever had to wait to be advised that I had been accepted for an interview