EDF Energy

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assessment Day for Position In Crawley Interview

Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EDF Energy in November 2013.

Interview Details – There was only one assessment day after which two candidates were appointed. There were eight candidates out of which two were EDF Energy internal - guess who got the job?
Company policy is to reimburse travel expenses, but they do not rush with this as well as they do not rush to arrange telephone session for the feedback that was promised by the hiring manager.
This could have been one off experience, however, it shows the political games EDF Energy plays with their recruitment.

IT Manager Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at EDF Energy in February 2009.

Interview Details – 3 Interviews, 1 with Recruitment Consultant 'Select' and 2 further interviews with EDF HR and hiring Senior Manager

Interview Question – Nothing...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I added an extra £2.000 onto the role.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EDF Energy in April 2013.

Interview Details – Inprompu telephone interview, only questioned asked were why did you apply to EDF and why do you want to work for us. Face to face scheduled during this call. Face to face involves attending a panel day. I think a 2 day panel convenes where a whole range of interview take place. I was asked to come early for a presentation. The recruiter was very professional she called the day before the interview to remind me that I had an interview and they were looking forward to meeting me. On the day I waited 45 minutes before being led into the presentation with another candidate. The presentation added nothing to my knowledge, it was literally information that I had already researched for the interview and could be found on their website. As they were running late there wasn´t enough time to ask many questions. What they did admit was that the business case was usually completely different at the end of the project but if thats what the business want then its ok. The actual face to face involved 2 people. It was so structured that I had no opportunity to ask questions about the projects or tell them anything about my experience or knowledge outside of their competenacy questions. The competancy questions were aroung procurement expereince, planning - there is no such thing as getting things done when the project is in crisis, its all about planning all the time. Other questions were working under stress, influencing other people.

I didn´t get an offer but they didn´t even bother to call and decline or give any feedback. The interview was very one sided and inpersonal. Due to time constraints there was not the opportunity to ask questions and they didn´t part any information on the projects teh candidate may be involved on. A very structured place, limited room to do things on the fly!

Interview Question – Give details of procurement expereince as a PM. Not including any PM tools expereince.   Answer Question

Finance Graduate Scheme Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EDF Energy in January 2013.

Interview Details – 1) Online Application
2) Online testing - Numerical and Verbal
3) Phone Interview
4) AC
Only managed to reach the phone interview part . I managed to pass but I was not called for an AC . I applied quite late ( around mid December ).

Phone interview : Was a nice experience. lasted about 35 minutes . Standard questions like why EDF , Why finance , what do you know about the role you are applying to, competency questions such as tell me a time you worked in a team, a challenging task , a time someone disagreed with you etc .

Nuclear Engineer Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EDF Energy.

Interview Details – The application process starts with an online application. If you are selected for interviews, you will start with a phone interview lasting about 30 minutes. I had no tricky questions. The purpose of the interview is to test your motivation for the job through standard questions such as "Why EDF?" or "Why nuclear sector?".
You will then be invited for a couple of psychometric tests and a 40 min face-to-face interview. Again, similar questions were asked during this interview with a few competency-based questions.
The last rounds consist in two interviews lasting between 45 and 60 min with EDF managers coming from France. Again, your motivation, background and understanding of the nuclear sector will be discussed. You will also have the chance to ask more the job and their own experience.

Interview Question – No tricky or unexpected questions really. You should be ready to explain the basic operation of a nuclear plant.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for EDF Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EDF Energy interview questions and advice in London, UK. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by EDF Energy employees and interview candidates.