EDF Energy Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Mar 18, 2015
Updated Mar 18, 2015

3.3

Edf Engineering Graduate Scheme Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EDF Energy in February 2015.

application
    shl tests (numerical / inductive)
    phone interview (communication, team work, final year project, why edf)
    assessment center ( technical interview, shl test (harder 20qs for 20 mun for numerical, 40 for 20 min inductive), group exercises)

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EDF Energy in January 2015.

Applied online and was contacted by HR a couple of days later for interview. First interview 20 min, 3 question competency phone call. Second interview 1hr long and 7 questions which were very specific. Then role play involving the project board.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time when your leadership was not accepted and how you dealt with this.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EDF Energy in January 2015.

Phone interview 1st. Basic competency questions such as: name a time where you worked in a team, how do you plan your time and make sure you stick to deadlines, what do you know about EDF energy and why does the position interest you etc.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions for the phone interview, standard competency questions with no real technical parts   Answer Question

I had offers from other employers I preferred

Graduate Scheme Interview

Two weeks after my online application, I received a phone interview asking about my background and what I have learnt from my previous internship experience. Then asking about why you want to join EDF, and your experience regarding to teamwork and leadership. The interviewer is very nice and willing to share information about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you have had to gain trust and how you did it?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EDF Energy in November 2014.

The first stage was an online application followed by online numerical tests. This was followed by a telephone interview where competency based question were asked. I found the telephone interview difficult but the interviewer was very calm and helpful.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EDF Energy.

Went for assessment centre in Cheltenham. First day was all Human resource related activities. I had to re take the online test to prove it was done by myself. the second day was one technical interview done by edf energy engineers. Not everyone progressed to the second day, they had to prove their capabilities on the first day.

Planning & Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at EDF Energy in August 2014.

Pretty laid back. 2 panel interview, You could tell they did not get along as there was a bit of tension, almost like a Laurel and hardy double act. Had move interview rooms which just shows how disorganised they were

Interview Questions
    • mainly competancy based questions but nothing about whether I could do the role and it was a complex role   View Answer

Industrial Placement Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EDF Energy.

Online application followed by 2 psychometric test.. these are a lot harder than the practice ones. If successful telephone interview which is competency based not technical at all. If you pass this then you go through to an assessment centre which lasts 2 days.The first day consists of 3 group exercises note it is not about getting the correct answer it's literally seeing how well you work in a team. On this day you also repeat the tests so practice before hand!! The next morning half of the people are sent home and the rest go on for a technical interview. Know how to draw a Nuclear power plant !! You must know the fundamentals of its operation, anything you say/mention be prepared to back it up. However they know you are student so don't worry too much if you don't know the answer, just think logically. Know your health and safety inside out and also environmental regulations. This is supposed to be the last step however in my case it wasn't 4 weeks later I was asked to do another interview this time at one of their locations, questions where relatively the same but it was a mix of technical and competency so please be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • what do we do with the solid,liquid and gas waste? What water is used in the nuclear reactors?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EDF Energy in June 2014.

1 Online application form
    2 Online assessments
                    two steps of tests, logic and numerical.
    3 Telephone interview
                    competency focused
    4 Assessment Centre
                    two days assessment centre, three group exercises and two exams in the day one, and interviews in the day two

Interview Questions
    • competency questions based on the experience provided in the application form   Answer Question

EDF Graduate Scheme Interview

CV screening-phone interview-face to face interview and psychometric tests- final interview.
    After passing the phone interview I was emailed to get to London the next week for the face to face competency interview, as well as for completing the psychometric tests. If successful at this stage, you will be asked to take part in interview by HR and technical personnel of EDF in London.

Interview Questions
    • No tricky questions at all. The interviewer asked me about some CV clarifications and then some competency based / motivation questions.   Answer Question