EDF Trading Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2014
Updated Apr 29, 2014

2.7

Power Trader Interview

Interviews were not as difficult as one might expect, an internal referral is very beneficial at EDF.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EDF Trading in July 2013.

I had one interview that lasted for two hours. I met with a senior VP for all Back Office, Head of HR, my Group Manager and the person I was replacing. It was a typical interview, they asked for my background and sought out to see if I had the knowledge for the position. HR was alot of situational questions and HR typical questions.

Interview Questions
    • I just had trouble with HR, their questions were difficult and I was not completely prepared. Be ready for situational questions and "what would you do here?"   Answer Question
    They initially came with a low offer and said this position does not pay that much, but they do negotiate, I went up 25% from my initial offer.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at EDF Trading in February 2012.

Spoke on the phone initally, then came in for a 1 on 1 interview with three different managers.

Interview Questions
    Salary was offered higher than my asking price

Financial Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at EDF Trading in November 2013.

Since the company is currently expanding its asian market, thus the whole application-phone interview-face to face interview process was rather efficient. The HR called me right after I sent out my application and CV. The teleinterview was rather normal, and it was roughly 20 mintues. Basically just asking questions based on my CV and work experiences. At the end of the interview, HR told me I pass the first path and arrange the face-to-face interview for the day after.

Well, the actual interview was done by a department manager, who was slightly late. The overall atmosphere was generally nice. Asked about non-academic achievements in the shcool, give some evidence why u think u could be a team player. P.S. the essential requirement for this role is fluent in Chinese, so the whole interview was done in Mandarin, Cantonese, and English.

Interview Questions
    • what is the biggest challenge so far that you faced in your life, and how did you overcome this   Answer Question

Worked for EDF Trading? Contribute to the Community!