EDF Trading

4 candidate interviews

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EDF Trading in July 2013.

Interview Details – I had one interview that lasted for two hours. I met with a senior VP for all Back Office, Head of HR, my Group Manager and the person I was replacing. It was a typical interview, they asked for my background and sought out to see if I had the knowledge for the position. HR was alot of situational questions and HR typical questions.

Interview Question – I just had trouble with HR, their questions were difficult and I was not completely prepared. Be ready for situational questions and "what would you do here?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They initially came with a low offer and said this position does not pay that much, but they do negotiate, I went up 25% from my initial offer.

Power Trader Interview

Power Trader

Interviewed at EDF Trading

Interview Details – Interviews were not as difficult as one might expect, an internal referral is very beneficial at EDF.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your current position?   Answer Question

Financial Sales Executive Interview

Financial Sales Executive
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EDF Trading in November 2013.

Interview Details – Since the company is currently expanding its asian market, thus the whole application-phone interview-face to face interview process was rather efficient. The HR called me right after I sent out my application and CV. The teleinterview was rather normal, and it was roughly 20 mintues. Basically just asking questions based on my CV and work experiences. At the end of the interview, HR told me I pass the first path and arrange the face-to-face interview for the day after.

Well, the actual interview was done by a department manager, who was slightly late. The overall atmosphere was generally nice. Asked about non-academic achievements in the shcool, give some evidence why u think u could be a team player. P.S. the essential requirement for this role is fluent in Chinese, so the whole interview was done in Mandarin, Cantonese, and English.

Interview Question – what is the biggest challenge so far that you faced in your life, and how did you overcome this   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at EDF Trading in February 2012.

Interview Details – Spoke on the phone initally, then came in for a 1 on 1 interview with three different managers.

Interview Question – Work experience at previous employer   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary was offered higher than my asking price

Worked for EDF Trading? Contribute to the Community!