EE Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EE (Telephone, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Psychometric testing on numerical and verbal reasoning and also shapes to start that was fairly easy then telephone interview that was looking for very low level detail. This was the selection process for a follow on assessment center

Interview Questions

• Talk me through a typical store visit   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EE (London, KY).

Interview

Efficient two stage process. Case study included in second part of interview.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EE in May 2015.

Interview

I was invited to a automated video interview. There were six questions.I had allocated time to read each question. Then allocated time for answering each question. First questions were straight forward about team work, experience gained and asking about situations when different skills were showed

Retail Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport, Newport, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EE (Newport, Newport, Wales (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

i applied online, application and series of scenario questions I then received an email to complete an online assessment which again was scenario questions. I had a phone call to progress to next stage which was a telephone interview with a couple of questions I.e why do you want to work for ee etc. I passed that and was invited to a two part interview in store with the manager. There I was asked to prepare a presentation of one of three different new products. Trip to Mars, food pill or virtual pet. I chose virtual pet with a PowerPoint presentation. They invited me to stay for second part, where I was asked to go onto the shop floor for 30 mins to gather as much info as possible to sell the manager a phone. I was also given a task of being a gym manager where I had to convince the customer to stay with us and not join the new one down the road. I was told I would hear from them within 3 days(mon) but I'm still waiting 5 weeks later so safe to say I didn't get the job as they are still advertising.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at EE.

Interview

Completed an online application and was called within a few days for a very basic and generic telephone interview. This was followed by a face to face interview where I had to do a short presentation on 1 of 3 Futuristico products. After that I had a short interview and was unsucessful at this stage due to lack of experience.

Digital Content Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EE (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job after seeing it advertised online. The recruiter contacted me and submitted my details to EE.

A couple of weeks later I was contacted to arrange a phone interview for later that week. I was told it would be a quick hiring process and following a successful phone interview, it would be a brief face to face meeting the same week. I was also told that the recruitment agency was an exclusive supplier to EE and only myself and one other person had been called for an interview with EE.

The phone interview felt a little awkward from the beginning. The woman (apparently the hiring manager) didn't bother explaining the role, and immediately launched into a series of - obviously prepared - questions. It seemed as though she wasn't actually listening to what I was saying, and was in a hurry to end the call. She didn't even give me the opportunity to ask any questions myself, and just prior to the call ending I had to stop and say I had some questions.

Despite what the recruiter said about a quick turnaround and only one other candidate, the hiring manager said she had many other people to interview, and I'd hear feedback in due course.

A week later I was told I wasn't suitable for the job, although I realisedl that during the interview. The job spec clearly hadn't been written well and didn't accurately describe the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you use web analytics?   1 Answer

Retail Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EE.

Interview

At first i applied online and waited for the next stage, I received an email inviting me to a telephone interview which I booked through the careers website.

The telephone interview arrived and what they are mainly looking for is your ability to answer questions on the spot and what you know about the company etc. You'll be asked to give a example of a time and place when you have done something, also why you want to work for EE, Talk about customer care and how passionate you are about technology or anything along them lines. I passed the telephone interview and was booked for a interview with the store manager, I was emailed a brief then afterwards.

In the email there was a brief sating that you had to come up with a 3-5 minute sales pitch based on a made up company called "Futuristico", you the option to bring in props etc and you can present the pitch as a presentation or verbally. You have the option of:

- Meal Pill

- Trip to Mars

- 3D Pet (can't remember for sure)

Once the interview arrived, the manager takes the first step in building rapport and will ask you to tell them about yourself

They will ask you questions on your experience

They will then ask you 3 competency questions

They will ask you to do the pitch

The pitch is your chance to show them what you got!!

After that's done they will discuss what the salary is and asks if you got any questions

Im still waiting to hear why i never got the job

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you have had to work towards a target, what did you do and how did you achieve it?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EE (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

3 stage interview process
    Panel style
    Case study given at start of first interview with 39 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to present
    Competency based interviewing with probing questions. Very comprehensive which means if you are faking it, you'll probably not get away with it.

Interview Questions

• Give me a specific example of when you have had to manage conflict and what the outcome was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation phase was reasonable, so not much actual negotiation happened. Recruitment manager, EE staff, was very friendly and great to deal with.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Darlington, North East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at EE (Darlington, North East England, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received an online test to complete then few weeks later had a small phone interview and was asked to attend a recruitment event which lasted 4 hrs! I had some role play and was asked to do a 10mins presentation on the customer service role. Had a phone call a week later to say I was successful and started work on 7th april.

Interview Questions

• Tell me when you were in a position where you used great customer service and whqt was the outcome?   Answer Question

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EE (Manchester, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

After applying I was called for a telephone interview which was a combination of basic interview questions such as what do you think you will do in this role. I was invited to a 1:1 interview at the store I applied for which was quite a nice interview. The interviewer was a great guy who was friendly and welcoming. The interview was the same as most EE sales advisor interviews where you had basic questions, presented a product (chose virtual pet) & had a role play where I had to keep the interviewer as a member of a gym. I was called about two weeks later to say that I would not be considered further for this role however as I had passed the assessment during the 1:1 interview (you are scored throughout interview, these are added up) I could attend a meeting with the manager at a different store where there was an upcoming vacancy. The morning of the meeting I was phoned to say this had been cancelled due to the store manager being ill and a new date was arranged where I had a meeting with the assistant store manager. After this interview I waited around 8 weeks for a reply from EE despite the EE website saying that the process would be a lot shorter. I emailed the EE email on the careers website and received no response. The reply said I would be suitable for a smaller store. There was a vacancy at a smaller store so I attended another meeting there with the area manager as there was no manager for the store at present. The meetings were okay and I was asked about my experience in terms of working to targets and why I wanted to work for the company. They lasted no longer than ten minutes. It's been a few weeks now and I have not heard back, the companies website says they will notify you if your application is not being processed further. I have since withdrew my application.