EF Education First Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.8

EHP/LT Staff Interview

Interview

The interview process was disorganized. The manager was so "important" that I had to come back on another day because his meeting ran over an hour! Still, two in-person interviews is better than a lot of other companies that drag out the process for 4-6 weeks and make you talk to every person who works there.

Interview Questions

• EF has a standard set of questions they use for every interview. Brush up on the lame "what are your 5 strengths" type questions and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Academic Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EF Education First.

Interview

~30 min phone interview, pretty casual. Then went for in-person interview on site, consisting of 6 different 1:1 meetings with people of a range of seniorities from Activities Manager to regional Academic Director.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EF Education First in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email asking for a technical phone interview. The phone interview last a little under 30 minutes. I messed up on two of the answers. I didn't get a second interview, but at least they emailed me letting me know. I wish the interviewer let me explain my background more before going into the questions.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EF Education First (Denver, CO).

Interview

Group interview. 10-15 people. Some get to know you games and icebreakers to start, then some group activities to see how you work together. Each person also got up and said something about a question that was unique to them. Overall, interview lasted about 2 hours.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EF Education First (Boston, MA).

Interview

was contacted for a Skype screening about a few days after I submitted my application via EF's website. Thought it was strange that they wanted to do a Skype interview for a preliminary screening but the interviewer did suggest a time after traditional business hours so I was able to get home after work and avoid awkwardly doing that in a cafe. The interview itself was pretty informal just questions on your background and future goals. After the interview i was sent a personality quiz to truly test if i was the correct fit for the role, which i apparently failed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with EF as opposed to your current company (which is a competitor)?   Answer Question

Housing Coordinator Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EF Education First (Brighton, MA).

Interview

I applied online, had a brief phone screen and then an in person interview. It was a pretty standard interview with some role playing of how I would deal with typical situations they encounter on a daily basis. I had short interviews that same day with a couple other people who work in the office as well.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. They also had a book of values written by the founder of the company and asked which one I most identify with.   Answer Question

Regional Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EF Education First (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online in May for this position in Denver, and was emailed a few days later to set up a phone screening. After speaking with someone on the phone for 20 minutes, they asked if I'd consider working in their MA office, despite explaining to them that I was moving to Colorado. (So unorganized!) A few months later in July I had another phone screening for a job in Denver. That went well, so they called me back in for a group interview, which also went well. After that I had two separate in-person interviews. (5 total) I was offered the job a few days later and was contemplating accepting it. They will only offer you $30,000, despite having previous work experience. In my case I already had 2+ years. I tried to negotiate for a higher (livable and reasonable) salary (aiming for $35,000) and they RECALLED my offer and said I was no longer a good fit. Completely ridiculous and unprofessional. Salary negotiation is part of the hiring process. EF needs an HR team. TERRIBLE COMPANY. UNORGANIZED. RUDE. Save yourself time and don't even apply to EF.

Interview Questions

Offer was RECALLED after trying to negotiate salary.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EF Education First.

Interview

Just a skype interview with my hiring manager and then an in person interview with a local office. This only took a couple of weeks, everyone was friendly and it wasn't challenging. There was a small test that I had to complete but it wasn't long or difficult

Director of Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EF Education First.

Interview

Included multiple interviews with senior/executive management team, HR, and potential teams I would be managing. Included initial phone screen and three in-person interviews. Each in-person interview included meeting many people throughout the product, which helped me understand the team, culture, environment, needs of the business, etc. Multiple meetings with my direct peers and management team was great to ensure I would be a solid fit within the management team.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style? How to you engage with employees? How do you hold employees accountable? How would you introduce our product to a potential customer? How do you analyze a market?   Answer Question

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EF Education First (Long Beach, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

After applying, you will receive an email to schedule a Skype interview. During the Skype interview, they will ask you a series of questions to see whether or not you know about the company, how you teach, and your experiences teaching in the past. I suggest checking out the website and reading up on the history of EF. How it got started, to who founded it, and it's teaching philosophy.

Interview Questions

• What is your teaching style?   1 Answer