EF Education First Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.8

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at EF Education First.

Interview

Just a skype interview with my hiring manager and then an in person interview with a local office. This only took a couple of weeks, everyone was friendly and it wasn't challenging. There was a small test that I had to complete but it wasn't long or difficult

Director of Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EF Education First.

Interview

Included multiple interviews with senior/executive management team, HR, and potential teams I would be managing. Included initial phone screen and three in-person interviews. Each in-person interview included meeting many people throughout the product, which helped me understand the team, culture, environment, needs of the business, etc. Multiple meetings with my direct peers and management team was great to ensure I would be a solid fit within the management team.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style? How to you engage with employees? How do you hold employees accountable? How would you introduce our product to a potential customer? How do you analyze a market?   Answer Question

Travel Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EF Education First (Cambridge, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Disappointing- I emailed the hiring manager, who gave me the date of the interview, and she corrected herself three times, which confused me. I responded to her email saying I was available for the interview, and she told me that I had said the wrong date (though she changed the date three times), and refused to let me correct myself.
    I am severely disappointed in this company- as a past customer and potential job candidate, I feel like I have been betrayed, and my opinion of this company has been tarnished. I'm sure that most of the employees here are great, and I would have loved to work there. However, this one bad employee makes me wary of applying, or using (or recommending) their services to anyone. My only request is that I hope that I could talk to someone in HR in the company. But don't let this sway you from working for the company, but just be warned...

Interview Questions

• What date are you available?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EF Education First (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

The managers were professional and created an environment that was comfortable and positive. They asked great questions and were looking at me as a potential candidate for a current position with a long-term career with EF in mind.

Interview Questions

• What was your interest in applying at EF?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EF Education First (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

The first interview was a phone screening. Fairly normal, a lot of character based questions. I interviewed from across the country so I could not do an in person interview, so we did it over the phone. The second phone interview consisted of character based questions, sales scenarios, and then a Q and A. I am still waiting to hear back about the third and final interview. Its been about a 4 week process so far. I did rather poorly on the scenarios, but the interview gave me feedback and advice on all of the questions.

Interview Questions

• You've been on the phone with a customer for 45 minutes and its time to close out the deal. Role play and get me to put a $300 deposit down on the Barcelona trip we've been discussing at length.   1 Answer

Regional Manager High School Exchange Year Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EF Education First (Cambridge, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Shortly after applying for the position, I was invited to an event that consisted of a presentation about High School Exchange Year and two interviews, one by the president and another by a team member. Both were short but I had plenty of time to ask questions about that division of EF and its work culture. The follow-up consisted of two more interviews.

Interview Questions

• EF emphasizes entrepreneurial spirit. If you were to start your own company today, what would it be?   Answer Question

Tour Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EF Education First.

Interview

Contacted me 2 months after applying online. Screening Interview took about 30 minutes. The interviewer was friendly and approachable. Basic questions were asked -- just trying to get a feel for their candidates. At the end of the screening they extended an invitation to come in for a group interview about a month later.

Tour Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EF Education First (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

group interview-you go in as a group and they want to see how you work with one another. they put three questions on the board and you have to answer them in a group setting. they then explain the companies history.after they call it speed dating and you meet with each of the directors and they ask you basic questions about your resume

Activity Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EF Education First in April 2015.

Interview

I had my first interview via Skype and it went pretty well. Nothing too hard, just basic behavioral questions. Then about a few days later, I received another interview from a district manager. However, I feel like that the manager had nothing to ask.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for EF? What differentiates you from other candidates? questions like this.   Answer Question

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EF Education First (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Fill out application online, then fill out questions about your experience and grammar knowledge, then interview Skype, a lot of chat board time, mock lesson, etc. You will be in the interview for well over an hour and it will seem like a lot of logging off and logging back in. Platform will keep changing from classroom to Skype and back again.

Interview Questions

• you were expected to teach a mock lesson with no warning before hand   Answer Question