EF Education First Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015
Updated Mar 19, 2015

2.8

Tour Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EF Education First.

15-minute phone call (stage one). I received an email invitation about a week in advance. The interview was very straightforward and the interviewer was very nice. I was alerted about a week later that they wanted me to attend a group interview in Denver. After that, individual interviews the next day (if I am selected). Seems like a lot of interviewing but not too difficult.

Java Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EF Education First.

Pretty standard Interview. I had a quick phone screen with an HR rep that lead to an on-site Interview with the Engineering Team the following week.

The Engineers I Interviewed with seem very knowledgable. They asked several questions about the technology stacks I worked with at my previous job and compared them to the ones I would be working with at EF. It was a very technical discussion.

Ultimately though, I think they are looking for an Architect with more thorough knowledge and experience with the technology stacks and frameworks they use. I still feel the Interview was a very positive experience though; I certainly learned a few things during our conversation.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EF Education First in March 2015.

I had gone through three interviews, My first was a phone interview that lasted roughly half an hour. The next week I got an email asking if i could come in to a group interview because somebody had cancelled. It was a fun group interview that included a tour and round of interviews with directors of regions that lasted for 3 minutes with each director. Following that interview I found out the following day that I would get another opportunity to meet with them. My last interview was with two specific directors that lasted roughly an hour and a half. They asked about my resume and questions/topics that stood out to them during the round robin in the previous interview.

At the end of the last interview I asked for feedback, I was told to be more concise with my answers and that They were uncertain if I would be able to deal with the volume of calls I would need to make a day. I was told that I would hear from them within four days.

Four days went by, and nothing. I sent a follow up email the following day, and the day after I got an email stating that I hadn't got the position.

I still can't decide wether It was blanket or meaningful.

I became invested in EF during this process, I plan on applying again in the future because I want a career in this industry and EF is a company that my morals and passions align with.

Interview Questions
    • In 45 seconds pitch something to us that you passionate about that doesn't have anything to do with this interview.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EF Education First.

Very lengthy process. Applied for various positions and one took 8+ weeks to get an email setting up a phone interview. Previously went into HQ to interview for another position. Overall everyone was nice but you can tell there's a certain atmosphere to the company. They're looking for well educated, experienced workers who will accept "entry" level jobs.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing I can remember that specifically stood out. They did ask who I would have dinner with, anyone, dead or alive. Mostly why do you want to work for them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EF Education First in February 2015.

They begin the interview process by giving you a tour of their beautiful facility where you are allowed to ask questions about the company. After the tour they take you into a conference room where they show you a video about EF and then proceed to give you a brief history of the company. Once that part is done EF brings in upper-level employees (the number of upper-level employees present depends on the number of interviewees) and in my interview the first thing they asked each of us to do was introduce ourselves and our favorite place we've ever traveled to. After the introduction they ask each interviewee to give a 45 second sales pitch for a product that believe in, in front of the entire group (the order in which you pitch is completely up to you). After the pitch, the upper-level employees spread out around the room and then place and then ask each interviewee to pick an interviewer to sit next to. From there you are given 3 minutes to interview with that employer and then asked to rotate to the next interviewer and do so until you have interviewed with each employer (think speed dating). Once you have interviewed with each interviewer, you are then all brought back together and given time to ask questions.

Activities Manager Interview

Spoke to recruiters at a career fair on campus; later received an e-mail invitation to interview. Interview was pretty straightforward--tell me about yourself, strengths and weaknesses, etc. Interviewer talked for a long time about how great the company was, and it was hard at times to get a word in.

Tour Consultant Interview

I was reached out to for a phone interview, which was initially 45 minutes long. Then about 6 weeks later notified I would be able to come into the office for a group interview process - scheduled for a month after that. Then notified a week later about a second round interview, that could be conducted over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • What is the best advice you've been given professionally?   Answer Question

Tour Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EF Education First.

First step is a phone screen. Pretty basic about work history and career goals, as well as the full job description and what it entails. Time for questions at the end

Interview Questions
    • What are some insider tips you would give to someone who is about to travel to a new country? (Somewhere youve been)   Answer Question

Tour Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EF Education First.

I applied online and was contacted a couple of weeks later to set up an interview. I had an interview over the phone which went well for what it was.

Graphic Designer Interview

have 3 round interview, the manager, HR then the big boss. have some small test, and you need show your design works and explain it in details, like process, mockup, prototype...etc