EF Education First

Updated Feb 27, 2015
Updated Feb 27, 2015

2.8

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EF Education First.

Very lengthy process. Applied for various positions and one took 8+ weeks to get an email setting up a phone interview. Previously went into HQ to interview for another position. Overall everyone was nice but you can tell there's a certain atmosphere to the company. They're looking for well educated, experienced workers who will accept "entry" level jobs.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing I can remember that specifically stood out. They did ask who I would have dinner with, anyone, dead or alive. Mostly why do you want to work for them.   Answer Question

Activities Manager Interview

Spoke to recruiters at a career fair on campus; later received an e-mail invitation to interview. Interview was pretty straightforward--tell me about yourself, strengths and weaknesses, etc. Interviewer talked for a long time about how great the company was, and it was hard at times to get a word in.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EF Education First in February 2015.

They begin the interview process by giving you a tour of their beautiful facility where you are allowed to ask questions about the company. After the tour they take you into a conference room where they show you a video about EF and then proceed to give you a brief history of the company. Once that part is done EF brings in upper-level employees (the number of upper-level employees present depends on the number of interviewees) and in my interview the first thing they asked each of us to do was introduce ourselves and our favorite place we've ever traveled to. After the introduction they ask each interviewee to give a 45 second sales pitch for a product that believe in, in front of the entire group (the order in which you pitch is completely up to you). After the pitch, the upper-level employees spread out around the room and then place and then ask each interviewee to pick an interviewer to sit next to. From there you are given 3 minutes to interview with that employer and then asked to rotate to the next interviewer and do so until you have interviewed with each employer (think speed dating). Once you have interviewed with each interviewer, you are then all brought back together and given time to ask questions.

Tour Consultant Interview

I was reached out to for a phone interview, which was initially 45 minutes long. Then about 6 weeks later notified I would be able to come into the office for a group interview process - scheduled for a month after that. Then notified a week later about a second round interview, that could be conducted over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • What is the best advice you've been given professionally?   Answer Question

Tour Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EF Education First.

First step is a phone screen. Pretty basic about work history and career goals, as well as the full job description and what it entails. Time for questions at the end

Interview Questions
    • What are some insider tips you would give to someone who is about to travel to a new country? (Somewhere youve been)   Answer Question

Tour Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EF Education First.

I applied online and was contacted a couple of weeks later to set up an interview. I had an interview over the phone which went well for what it was.

Reception Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

interviewed at EF Education First in January 2015.

Initial interview was via phone. Interviewer was Polite and engaging. Face to face interview was conducted by two managers. Very nice approachable duo. Basic questions, they are looking for positive team members who are willing to pitch in where needed. Very suave and sexy campus. Lots of people. Nice place.

No real difficult questions, but they did ask how would I handle a language barrier when communicating with students.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a student became to dependant on you?   View Answer

Director of Studies Interview

phone interview person interview it took a lot of waiting and didn't really enjoy the whole thing. if you are overly qualified i suggest you ask for more salary.... it's important that you highlight your experience more than skills. they look for those• Creation of long term, phased roadmap along with a detailed 90 day plan

Tour Consultant Educational Tours Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EF Education First.

I was brought in first for a group interview, then for three one on one interviews. The group interview was with about 8 other prospective employees. It started with a general introduction to the company, then we all introduced ourselves and several of the managers also introduced themselves. Then we all went around and had mini interviews with each of the managers, with each interview lasting about 4 min long. Overall a little intimidating at first, but ultimately pretty fun.

My one on one interviews were with three of the managers, two who I had previously met/spoken with, one who I had not. They asked very individualized questions, trying to see what type of person you were, etc. Each interview lasted 45 min to 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • During the group interview, we had 60 seconds to explain something that we were passionate about, that wasn't related to the job posting (i.e. something to do with travel or sales).   View Answer

Tour Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EF Education First.

Received email regarding a phone interview within about a week of applying. Phone interview took about 15 min, fairly standard. Was offered a chance to group interview at the headquarters 2 days later. Group interview lasted about 3 hours. People were great to talk to and the office is gorgeous!