EF Education First North America Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.8

Account Services Coordinator Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at EF Education First North America.

Great company to work at right out of college. There is a young, lively culture who always enjoy having a good time together. The company has a laid back attitude and willing to help you learn.

Intern Interview

A lot of focus on culture fit. Especially with interns. The rest is to see "how you think" and test intelligence that way. High standards for sure. Rest of interview was otherwise pretty standard - ask about you a lot and then a few thought process questions. Short and sweet. Follow-up interviews also.

Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EF Education First North America.

The interview process began with a phone interview which lasted 1.5 hours approximately.

Then 3 days later I was invited to an in-person interview with a direct hiring manager. That meeting lasted 2 hours and it consisted of basic questions to make sure I was a good fit for the position; there ended up being 2 people who interviewed me.

The second in-person interview lasted 2.5 hours and was another week later. This time I had 1 person interviewing me the majority of the time, while 3 others popped into the room to ask specific questions.

I was presented with a verbal offer over the phone 3 days after the 2nd in-person.

Interview Questions
    • Where I want to be in 5 years. Truth was - not at that company (obviously I didn't say that but it is why I chose to decline an offer).   Answer Question

The salary was way too low for my education and experience. I have an Masters and over 6 years of practical experience so high 30's to low 40's is a joke.

Placement Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at EF Education First North America.

I had a preliminary phone interview where I was asked a serious of questions along the lines of "Why are you interested in Sales?" and "How would you describe yourself as a competitor?" I then went in to the office to interview in person. It was incredibly relaxed but both people who I spoke with asked me very similar questions- mostly asking about past job experiences.

Regional Account Coordinator Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EF Education First North America.

During the interview they will ask you about previous travel experiences and any other international experience you might have.

After the interview I waited maybe a week or two and didn't hear from them. I got another job offer but I preferred this position. So I emailed them to ask on status because I had gotten another offer. They immediately called me back to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    • There isn't really hard questions, its mostly about your personality and international experience   Answer Question

Designer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at EF Education First North America in August 2014.

The interview was set up in rounds of 2 people, each lasting about a half hour. I met with the email design team, the creative director and art director, and some of the other employees I would potentially be working with. All were very nice and made me laugh.

Interview Questions
    • If you could fix one piece in your portfolio, which would it be and why?   Answer Question

ESL Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at EF Education First North America in July 2014.

I applied online and received a request for a Skype interview in approximately 72 hours. I was hired 24 hours after that. Before the interview was over the recruiter let me know I had the job. The wait between application and interview was due to schedule conflicts. They provide quite a bit of information up front about the job, what's expected and the company. Pay is standard for a canned curriculum.

Interview Questions
    • The role play teaching session was probably the most stressful only because I didn't expect it. The intent was to demonstrate how I would make the lesson more interactive.   Answer Question
    • The second part of the interview I found interesting was the rapid fire question and answer session where the interviewer asked questions that I was supposed to answer in short clipped responses of 1 or 2 words much like that old game show $10k Pyramid. Definitely different.   Answer Question

They ask for a 20 hour per week commitment and pay out every 2 weeks but you must reach 120 hours to get a check that pay period. You are 1099 independent contractor. I didn't like the 20 hour per week commitment. Also, the possibility of waiting up to 2 months to get paid for work already completed didn't set well with me.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EF Education First North America.

They weren't very prepared because they never received my interview confirmation e-mail. They're system must have been faulty. Regardless of this, they asked pretty basic questions; nothing out of the norm.

ESL Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at EF Education First North America.

Went in during a busy time in the summer, unannounced. Interviewed on the spot, was asked about experience and previous jobs. Gave a short 4 question role-play teaching session with the manager. He then gave me a tour of the school and I was then brought to the school director's office. I met briefly with him and gave him my impressions on the school (favorable) and my views on the nature of the world (less favorable). I spoke honestly and he responded in kind. He shared his views on the company (unfavorable) and offered me a position, which I accepted. I shadowed the next day and started teaching the next Monday. Both the manager and director quit about 3 months later.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with students who dominate class time and conversation?   View Answer
    Take it or leave it

Tour Consultant, Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EF Education First North America.

The interview process was very extensive. I had four interviews in the office and met with over 5 people each time. For one of the interview days I was there for 5 hours. Everyone I met with was extremely friendly and easy to talk to. Some of the people asked basic questions from my resume and others asked me more in depth questions about how I would handle different audiences. They asked me a lot of personality questions to make sure my personality fit their team and fit the position.

Interview Questions

I decided it was not the type of job I wanted but it was a hard decision because the culture of the company is amazing and it definitely seemed like a very fun place to work.