EF Education First North America

66 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Designer Interview

Designer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EF Education First North America in August 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was set up in rounds of 2 people, each lasting about a half hour. I met with the email design team, the creative director and art director, and some of the other employees I would potentially be working with. All were very nice and made me laugh.

Interview Question – If you could fix one piece in your portfolio, which would it be and why?   Answer Question

ESL Instructor

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at EF Education First North America in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initially, I was contacted by phone after having responded to a posting on Indeed. Subsequently, thee were two interviews: the first was with the program manager and academic coordinator, and the second was with the school director. In the first interview, most of the questions were about my experience and level of comfort with an energetic environment and with constant change. The remaining questions obviously pertained to my teaching experience, specifically my teaching philosophy and practices, methods for reaching difficult or struggling students, and my experience with teaching international students. After the first interview, they tested my English grammar, and I had to construct a sample lesson plan based on a scenario that they provided. The test was on paper, and it was not timed. In the second interview, the school director asked questions that were more personality/behavioral-based, such as, "What would you do for free?"

Interview Question – What do you do when repeated efforts to reach a struggling or difficult student are futile?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation the rate is a flat rate for all teachers. EF pays by the teaching block (80 minutes), not by the hour.

Regional Account Coordinator Interview

Regional Account Coordinator

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EF Education First North America.

Interview Details – During the interview they will ask you about previous travel experiences and any other international experience you might have.

After the interview I waited maybe a week or two and didn't hear from them. I got another job offer but I preferred this position. So I emailed them to ask on status because I had gotten another offer. They immediately called me back to offer me the position.

Interview Question – There isn't really hard questions, its mostly about your personality and international experience   Answer Question

Remote, OR

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EF Education First North America in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a request for a Skype interview in approximately 72 hours. I was hired 24 hours after that. Before the interview was over the recruiter let me know I had the job. The wait between application and interview was due to schedule conflicts. They provide quite a bit of information up front about the job, what's expected and the company. Pay is standard for a canned curriculum.

Interview Questions

• The role play teaching session was probably the most stressful only because I didn't expect it. The intent was to demonstrate how I would make the lesson more interactive.   Answer Question
  • The second part of the interview I found interesting was the rapid fire question and answer session where the interviewer asked questions that I was supposed to answer in short clipped responses of 1 or 2 words much like that old game show $10k Pyramid. Definitely different.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They ask for a 20 hour per week commitment and pay out every 2 weeks but you must reach 120 hours to get a check that pay period. You are 1099 independent contractor. I didn't like the 20 hour per week commitment. Also, the possibility of waiting up to 2 months to get paid for work already completed didn't set well with me.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Administrative Coordinator

I applied online and interviewed at EF Education First North America.

Interview Details – They weren't very prepared because they never received my interview confirmation e-mail. They're system must have been faulty. Regardless of this, they asked pretty basic questions; nothing out of the norm.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at EF Education First North America.

Interview Details – Went in during a busy time in the summer, unannounced. Interviewed on the spot, was asked about experience and previous jobs. Gave a short 4 question role-play teaching session with the manager. He then gave me a tour of the school and I was then brought to the school director's office. I met briefly with him and gave him my impressions on the school (favorable) and my views on the nature of the world (less favorable). I spoke honestly and he responded in kind. He shared his views on the company (unfavorable) and offered me a position, which I accepted. I shadowed the next day and started teaching the next Monday. Both the manager and director quit about 3 months later.

Interview Question – How do you deal with students who dominate class time and conversation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it

Tour Consultant Interview

Tour Consultant
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EF Education First North America in March 2014.

Interview Details – First call back is a group interview of 8-10 people. They start by showing you a video that makes EF look like an amazing place to work. Next they have each person stand and tell something they are passionate about in 60 secs or under. The first half/hour is more conversational interview where answering is more optional in the group. For the second hour they break you into groups and ask more traditional interview questions. I was contacted for a second 1 on 1 interview via email 2 days later.

Interview Question – What are 3 selling points you would present to a teacher who knows nothing about student travel during your first call with them?   Answer Question

ESL Teacher Interview

ESL Teacher
Santa Barbara, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EF Education First North America in April 2014.

Interview Details – Attended a job fair held on location at an international language school. Someone at the front desk looked over my resume and cover letter, then I had an interview with one of the teachers. I was then told to wait in the lobby for a second interview with the school director. A few days later, I got a call from the Academic Director, who set up another interview, and at the end of the interview, she offered me the job. All the interviews were one-on-one

Interview Question – What is the best moment you've ever had in teaching?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I was told what the salary was like and asked whether or not I wanted to accept the position.

Tour Consultant, Sales Associate Interview

Tour Consultant, Sales Associate
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EF Education First North America.

Interview Details – The interview process was very extensive. I had four interviews in the office and met with over 5 people each time. For one of the interview days I was there for 5 hours. Everyone I met with was extremely friendly and easy to talk to. Some of the people asked basic questions from my resume and others asked me more in depth questions about how I would handle different audiences. They asked me a lot of personality questions to make sure my personality fit their team and fit the position.

Interview Question – What makes you unique?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I decided it was not the type of job I wanted but it was a hard decision because the culture of the company is amazing and it definitely seemed like a very fun place to work.

Regional Account Coordinator Interview

Regional Account Coordinator
Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EF Education First North America in March 2014.

Interview Details – I first had a group interview with about 16 other candidates. After some initial questions for all of us, the group split in two and had turns interviewing with management. I was called in for a second interview, where I met with two people separately. I was called 2 days later and offered the job.

Interview Question – There were really no curve-ball questions. The most unexpected question was probably "If you could pick any celebrity to play you in a movie, who would it be and why?"   Answer Question

Worked for EF Education First North America? Contribute to the Community!