EF Education First North America

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EF Education First North America in March 2014.

Interview Details – First call back is a group interview of 8-10 people. They start by showing you a video that makes EF look like an amazing place to work. Next they have each person stand and tell something they are passionate about in 60 secs or under. The first half/hour is more conversational interview where answering is more optional in the group. For the second hour they break you into groups and ask more traditional interview questions. I was contacted for a second 1 on 1 interview via email 2 days later.

Interview Question – What are 3 selling points you would present to a teacher who knows nothing about student travel during your first call with them?   Answer Question

Tour Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EF Education First North America in February 2011.

Interview Details – All my interviewers were very friendly

Interview Question – What is your weakness and how does it effect others   Answer Question

Interviewed at EF Education First North America

Interview Details – The interview was conducted as a group interview, whereby there were multiple potential employees being interviewed by about 8 regional directors of sales at Educational Tours. We were first asked questions as a group, and later split up for "speed dates" with the directors individually. The whole process took about 2.5 hours, and was for the most part pleasant and upbeat.

Interview Question – Do you consider yourself a competitive person.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at EF Education First North America in November 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very pleasant and I enjoyed all of my conversations.

Interview Question – The most difficult part of the interview process was the mock sales call.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was very fair.

Cambridge, MA

I interviewed at EF Education First North America in March 2011.

Interview Details – Two years ago, answered ad found on internet and was called back relatively quickly for interview. Got the impression that they are looking for people with relatively little experience as turn over seems rapid. Unclear about internal promotion possibility and it seems unlikely that pay increases are possible...reason for turnover?

Interview Question – what do you hope to earn in this job?   Answer Question

Tour Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EF Education First North America in January 2013.

Interview Details – After the first group interview, I was brought in again to meet with heads of different teams. All of my meetings were fairly low-key and conversational, although this would depend on the individual interviewer. The third time I came in, I met with the person who would be my manager and a few of the people on his team. I ultimately declined the offer, but the interview experience was positive overall.

Interview Question – What do you love about sales?   Answer Question

Tour Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at EF Education First North America.

Interview Details – I interviewed through a college career fair, and had a one-on-one interview with a very stereotypical salesman. The job listing was entirely different from the position I came to realize they were hiring for, which was essentially a phone sales role. The interviewer was nice enough, but did not seem entirely prepared or familiar with my resume.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in sales?   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EF Education First North America in November 2012.

Interview Details – I first interviewed for this position in summer '11 and was not extended an offer. I was surprised to be called in to interview with one person and then was actually interviewing with 4 people at separate times. I interviewed for this position again in fall '12 and again, was not extended an offer. I do believe in the company and wanted to work there greatly, however I do feel I did very well in the interview this last time and that I have gained more experiences useful to them so I was a bit disappointed to be denied twice. What was more disappointing however was that when I asked for feedback twice, no response was given. I feel companies should treat each candidate as a potential customer (in this case I am an existing customer). I feel the lack of response is a poor take on customer service and has slightly hindered me wanting to travel with them again. The pay for this job is poor but it seems easy to work your way up in the company - once you've gotten it. Fast paced young culture with many hours. The second interview I had with them was a panel style group interview with about 9 candidates and 4 employees asking various questions.

Interview Question – Mostly situational questions: "Tell us about a time when...." or questions about how you would qualify leads. This is a PHONE SALES job. Do not respond with you don't like talking on the phone or you find it hard to make sales via phone... doi   Answer Question

Cambridge, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EF Education First North America in January 2009.

Interview Details – I was hired as sales support on a temporary level. After 2 months I was promoted to a full-time TC position. The interview process is not to test your sales ability, they will teach you that, but more to find out how eager and passionate you are about international travel. This was a plus for me and the employer because our vision and values matched. That is very important to EF.

Interview Question – When did you have to overcome an objection?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. I have counterparts who did negotiate a high starting salary. I was unaware I could do so.

Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EF Education First North America in October 2012.

Interview Details – The first round was a group interview with four representatives from EF interviewing ten people, all applying for the same job. This was extremely impersonal, very difficult to make yourself stand out, or even to get a word in, as you had to be called upon to speak. They had you split into teams to test how you work with others, and asked the general "Why should we hire you" question, which everyone had to answer. I was asked back for a second interview that was more one on one based. I met with six different people, including two people you would work with if hired. This part of the interview was much more informative; however the last person I met with was very judgmental, and borderline rude. All and all, not a great experience.

Interview Question – I was asked why my previous job didn't hire me for a permanent position, and if my goal in life was to work there, and not with their company.   View Answer

Worked for EF Education First North America? Contribute to the Community!