EF Education First North America

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tour Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EF Education First North America.

Received email regarding a phone interview within about a week of applying. Phone interview took about 15 min, fairly standard. Was offered a chance to group interview at the headquarters 2 days later. Group interview lasted about 3 hours. People were great to talk to and the office is gorgeous!

Other Interview Reviews for EF Education First North America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online – interviewed at EF Education First North America.

They interviewed a group of 6 individuals at one time. At first you had to stand up and present your passion to the entire group. They told you more about the company and gave a group tour allowing time for questions. Then you were split up into two groups with senior level member of the company and asked a series of questions. Each individual answered to the group.

Interview Questions
    • What would be your first question to teacher you were trying sell?   Answer Question

Tour Consultant Interview

Interviewed at a career fair. The interview was brief and fairly straight forward. The career fair setting was a little odd for an interview because there were probably about 50 interviews for different companies going on at the same time in a hotel ballroom. They really want to know why you would be good at sales. I thought the interview went fine, but the interviewer did not give me her card at the end and I nervously forgot to ask her for it. I inMailed her to thank her for the interview and never heard anything back.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions. Be prepared to talk about you interest in sales. She also wanted to know who I am off paper - the "real" me.   Answer Question

Tour Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EF Education First North America.

It's a group interview. So there are 8 of you all going for the same position and you don't know how many they are looking to hire. The group atmosphere is tough - you don't want to be the one to be too obnoxious or the one who is too quiet. You first all interview with HR & then with about 10 supervisors.

Tour Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EF Education First North America in October 2014.

The first interview is a group one and you go around the room and answer the same questions more of an informational session with all candidate who most are fresh out of college and have no real work experience. Second interview is fairly basic same types of questions but able to elaborate on previous questions and work experience. My interviewer didn't seem to know what questions to ask me it was kind of awkward. The job itself sounded tolerable at best and not really enough money to live off of for the hours your expected to work. Seemed like a good transitional job for people new to a city or right out of college with very little to no work experience.

Interview Questions
    • Most challenging work experience, previous salary, etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EF Education First North America in March 2014.

First call back is a group interview of 8-10 people. They start by showing you a video that makes EF look like an amazing place to work. Next they have each person stand and tell something they are passionate about in 60 secs or under. The first half/hour is more conversational interview where answering is more optional in the group. For the second hour they break you into groups and ask more traditional interview questions. I was contacted for a second 1 on 1 interview via email 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    • What are 3 selling points you would present to a teacher who knows nothing about student travel during your first call with them?   Answer Question

Tour Consultant Interview

The interview was conducted as a group interview, whereby there were multiple potential employees being interviewed by about 8 regional directors of sales at Educational Tours. We were first asked questions as a group, and later split up for "speed dates" with the directors individually. The whole process took about 2.5 hours, and was for the most part pleasant and upbeat.

Tour Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EF Education First North America.

I interviewed through a college career fair, and had a one-on-one interview with a very stereotypical salesman. The job listing was entirely different from the position I came to realize they were hiring for, which was essentially a phone sales role. The interviewer was nice enough, but did not seem entirely prepared or familiar with my resume.

Tour Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EF Education First North America in January 2013.

After the first group interview, I was brought in again to meet with heads of different teams. All of my meetings were fairly low-key and conversational, although this would depend on the individual interviewer. The third time I came in, I met with the person who would be my manager and a few of the people on his team. I ultimately declined the offer, but the interview experience was positive overall.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at EF Education First North America in November 2012.

I first interviewed for this position in summer '11 and was not extended an offer. I was surprised to be called in to interview with one person and then was actually interviewing with 4 people at separate times. I interviewed for this position again in fall '12 and again, was not extended an offer. I do believe in the company and wanted to work there greatly, however I do feel I did very well in the interview this last time and that I have gained more experiences useful to them so I was a bit disappointed to be denied twice. What was more disappointing however was that when I asked for feedback twice, no response was given. I feel companies should treat each candidate as a potential customer (in this case I am an existing customer). I feel the lack of response is a poor take on customer service and has slightly hindered me wanting to travel with them again. The pay for this job is poor but it seems easy to work your way up in the company - once you've gotten it. Fast paced young culture with many hours. The second interview I had with them was a panel style group interview with about 9 candidates and 4 employees asking various questions.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly situational questions: "Tell us about a time when...." or questions about how you would qualify leads. This is a PHONE SALES job. Do not respond with you don't like talking on the phone or you find it hard to make sales via phone... doi   Answer Question