EF Education First North America Tour Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2014

3.1

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EF Education First North America in March 2014.

First call back is a group interview of 8-10 people. They start by showing you a video that makes EF look like an amazing place to work. Next they have each person stand and tell something they are passionate about in 60 secs or under. The first half/hour is more conversational interview where answering is more optional in the group. For the second hour they break you into groups and ask more traditional interview questions. I was contacted for a second 1 on 1 interview via email 2 days later.

Interview Questions
  • What are 3 selling points you would present to a teacher who knows nothing about student travel during your first call with them?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EF Education First North America

Tour Consultant Interview

The interview was conducted as a group interview, whereby there were multiple potential employees being interviewed by about 8 regional directors of sales at Educational Tours. We were first asked questions as a group, and later split up for "speed dates" with the directors individually. The whole process took about 2.5 hours, and was for the most part pleasant and upbeat.

Tour Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EF Education First North America.

I interviewed through a college career fair, and had a one-on-one interview with a very stereotypical salesman. The job listing was entirely different from the position I came to realize they were hiring for, which was essentially a phone sales role. The interviewer was nice enough, but did not seem entirely prepared or familiar with my resume.

Tour Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EF Education First North America in January 2013.

After the first group interview, I was brought in again to meet with heads of different teams. All of my meetings were fairly low-key and conversational, although this would depend on the individual interviewer. The third time I came in, I met with the person who would be my manager and a few of the people on his team. I ultimately declined the offer, but the interview experience was positive overall.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at EF Education First North America in November 2012.

I first interviewed for this position in summer '11 and was not extended an offer. I was surprised to be called in to interview with one person and then was actually interviewing with 4 people at separate times. I interviewed for this position again in fall '12 and again, was not extended an offer. I do believe in the company and wanted to work there greatly, however I do feel I did very well in the interview this last time and that I have gained more experiences useful to them so I was a bit disappointed to be denied twice. What was more disappointing however was that when I asked for feedback twice, no response was given. I feel companies should treat each candidate as a potential customer (in this case I am an existing customer). I feel the lack of response is a poor take on customer service and has slightly hindered me wanting to travel with them again. The pay for this job is poor but it seems easy to work your way up in the company - once you've gotten it. Fast paced young culture with many hours. The second interview I had with them was a panel style group interview with about 9 candidates and 4 employees asking various questions.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly situational questions: "Tell us about a time when...." or questions about how you would qualify leads. This is a PHONE SALES job. Do not respond with you don't like talking on the phone or you find it hard to make sales via phone... doi   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EF Education First North America in October 2012.

The first round was a group interview with four representatives from EF interviewing ten people, all applying for the same job. This was extremely impersonal, very difficult to make yourself stand out, or even to get a word in, as you had to be called upon to speak. They had you split into teams to test how you work with others, and asked the general "Why should we hire you" question, which everyone had to answer. I was asked back for a second interview that was more one on one based. I met with six different people, including two people you would work with if hired. This part of the interview was much more informative; however the last person I met with was very judgmental, and borderline rude. All and all, not a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked why my previous job didn't hire me for a permanent position, and if my goal in life was to work there, and not with their company.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

interviewed at EF Education First North America in March 2011.

Two years ago, answered ad found on internet and was called back relatively quickly for interview. Got the impression that they are looking for people with relatively little experience as turn over seems rapid. Unclear about internal promotion possibility and it seems unlikely that pay increases are possible...reason for turnover?

Tour Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EF Education First North America in February 2011.

All my interviewers were very friendly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EF Education First North America in January 2009.

I was hired as sales support on a temporary level. After 2 months I was promoted to a full-time TC position. The interview process is not to test your sales ability, they will teach you that, but more to find out how eager and passionate you are about international travel. This was a plus for me and the employer because our vision and values matched. That is very important to EF.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation. I have counterparts who did negotiate a high starting salary. I was unaware I could do so.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EF Education First North America in November 2008.

Very relaxed interview. Met with 2 employees and asked a series of questions. They are looking for enthusiasm and a love for travel.

nothing was negotiable