EF Education First

EF Education First Tour Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

Tour Consultant Interview

I was reached out to for a phone interview, which was initially 45 minutes long. Then about 6 weeks later notified I would be able to come into the office for a group interview process - scheduled for a month after that. Then notified a week later about a second round interview, that could be conducted over the phone.

Interview Questions
  • What is the best advice you've been given professionally?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EF Education First

I applied online – interviewed at EF Education First.

First step is a phone screen. Pretty basic about work history and career goals, as well as the full job description and what it entails. Time for questions at the end

Interview Questions
    • What are some insider tips you would give to someone who is about to travel to a new country? (Somewhere youve been)   Answer Question

Tour Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EF Education First.

I applied online and was contacted a couple of weeks later to set up an interview. I had an interview over the phone which went well for what it was.

I applied online – interviewed at EF Education First.

Received email regarding a phone interview within about a week of applying. Phone interview took about 15 min, fairly standard. Was offered a chance to group interview at the headquarters 2 days later. Group interview lasted about 3 hours. People were great to talk to and the office is gorgeous!

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied online – interviewed at EF Education First.

They interviewed a group of 6 individuals at one time. At first you had to stand up and present your passion to the entire group. They told you more about the company and gave a group tour allowing time for questions. Then you were split up into two groups with senior level member of the company and asked a series of questions. Each individual answered to the group.

Interview Questions
    • What would be your first question to teacher you were trying sell?   Answer Question

Tour Consultant Interview

Interviewed at a career fair. The interview was brief and fairly straight forward. The career fair setting was a little odd for an interview because there were probably about 50 interviews for different companies going on at the same time in a hotel ballroom. They really want to know why you would be good at sales. I thought the interview went fine, but the interviewer did not give me her card at the end and I nervously forgot to ask her for it. I inMailed her to thank her for the interview and never heard anything back.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions. Be prepared to talk about you interest in sales. She also wanted to know who I am off paper - the "real" me.   Answer Question

Tour Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EF Education First.

It's a group interview. So there are 8 of you all going for the same position and you don't know how many they are looking to hire. The group atmosphere is tough - you don't want to be the one to be too obnoxious or the one who is too quiet. You first all interview with HR & then with about 10 supervisors.

Tour Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EF Education First in October 2014.

The first interview is a group one and you go around the room and answer the same questions more of an informational session with all candidate who most are fresh out of college and have no real work experience. Second interview is fairly basic same types of questions but able to elaborate on previous questions and work experience. My interviewer didn't seem to know what questions to ask me it was kind of awkward. The job itself sounded tolerable at best and not really enough money to live off of for the hours your expected to work. Seemed like a good transitional job for people new to a city or right out of college with very little to no work experience.

Interview Questions
    • Most challenging work experience, previous salary, etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EF Education First in March 2014.

First call back is a group interview of 8-10 people. They start by showing you a video that makes EF look like an amazing place to work. Next they have each person stand and tell something they are passionate about in 60 secs or under. The first half/hour is more conversational interview where answering is more optional in the group. For the second hour they break you into groups and ask more traditional interview questions. I was contacted for a second 1 on 1 interview via email 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    • What are 3 selling points you would present to a teacher who knows nothing about student travel during your first call with them?   Answer Question

Tour Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EF Education First in March 2014.

I applied online and was contacted via email for an interview within a few weeks. Did an initial phone interview and was then invited for a group interview which was pretty standard. We talked as a group and then had five minutes to "interview" with managers which was barely enough time to answer one of their questions.