EF Education First Tour Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2015

Tour Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EF Education First.

Interview

Contacted me 2 months after applying online. Screening Interview took about 30 minutes. The interviewer was friendly and approachable. Basic questions were asked -- just trying to get a feel for their candidates. At the end of the screening they extended an invitation to come in for a group interview about a month later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EF Education First

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EF Education First (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume, had a phone interview, invited to Boston for group interview, 2 Skype interviews and a final in-person interview in Boston. Interviewers were very friendly and the group interview in Boston was pretty fun. Very fast paced and you had about 3-5 minutes with 7-8 different people on the Sales team. Group interview started with casual questions as a group around the big table (Why EF? What does EF do/what does the role entail?)

Interview Questions

• Asked about past experience and how it translates to the role   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EF Education First (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

group interview-you go in as a group and they want to see how you work with one another. they put three questions on the board and you have to answer them in a group setting. they then explain the companies history.after they call it speed dating and you meet with each of the directors and they ask you basic questions about your resume

Tour Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EF Education First.

Interview

15-minute phone call (stage one). I received an email invitation about a week in advance. The interview was very straightforward and the interviewer was very nice. I was alerted about a week later that they wanted me to attend a group interview in Denver. After that, individual interviews the next day (if I am selected). Seems like a lot of interviewing but not too difficult.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EF Education First (Denver, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

I had gone through three interviews, My first was a phone interview that lasted roughly half an hour. The next week I got an email asking if i could come in to a group interview because somebody had cancelled. It was a fun group interview that included a tour and round of interviews with directors of regions that lasted for 3 minutes with each director. Following that interview I found out the following day that I would get another opportunity to meet with them. My last interview was with two specific directors that lasted roughly an hour and a half. They asked about my resume and questions/topics that stood out to them during the round robin in the previous interview. At the end of the last interview I asked for feedback, I was told to be more concise with my answers and that They were uncertain if I would be able to deal with the volume of calls I would need to make a day. I was told that I would hear from them within four days. Four days went by, and nothing. I sent a follow up email the following day, and the day after I got an email stating that I hadn't got the position. I still can't decide wether It was blanket or meaningful. I became invested in EF during this process, I plan on applying again in the future because I want a career in this industry and EF is a company that my morals and passions align with.

Interview Questions

• In 45 seconds pitch something to us that you passionate about that doesn't have anything to do with this interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EF Education First (Denver, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

They begin the interview process by giving you a tour of their beautiful facility where you are allowed to ask questions about the company. After the tour they take you into a conference room where they show you a video about EF and then proceed to give you a brief history of the company. Once that part is done EF brings in upper-level employees (the number of upper-level employees present depends on the number of interviewees) and in my interview the first thing they asked each of us to do was introduce ourselves and our favorite place we've ever traveled to. After the introduction they ask each interviewee to give a 45 second sales pitch for a product that believe in, in front of the entire group (the order in which you pitch is completely up to you). After the pitch, the upper-level employees spread out around the room and then place and then ask each interviewee to pick an interviewer to sit next to. From there you are given 3 minutes to interview with that employer and then asked to rotate to the next interviewer and do so until you have interviewed with each employer (think speed dating). Once you have interviewed with each interviewer, you are then all brought back together and given time to ask questions.

Tour Consultant Interview

Interview

I was reached out to for a phone interview, which was initially 45 minutes long. Then about 6 weeks later notified I would be able to come into the office for a group interview process - scheduled for a month after that. Then notified a week later about a second round interview, that could be conducted over the phone.

Interview Questions

• What is the best advice you've been given professionally?   1 Answer

Tour Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EF Education First.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a couple of weeks later to set up an interview. I had an interview over the phone which went well for what it was.

Tour Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EF Education First.

Interview

First step is a phone screen. Pretty basic about work history and career goals, as well as the full job description and what it entails. Time for questions at the end

Interview Questions

• What are some insider tips you would give to someone who is about to travel to a new country? (Somewhere youve been)   Answer Question

Tour Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EF Education First.

Interview

Received email regarding a phone interview within about a week of applying. Phone interview took about 15 min, fairly standard. Was offered a chance to group interview at the headquarters 2 days later. Group interview lasted about 3 hours. People were great to talk to and the office is gorgeous!