EFI Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015
Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at EFI.

Interview

Interviewed onsite and had a great talking with two lead engineers. Took me about 45 min each including technical questions (algorithms in C).
    Then talked with hiring manager at a last.
    It seems they were very organized so the interview went smoothly. I really appreciated it and enjoyed.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at EFI (Fremont, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

First, recruiter contacted me and ask me some information about my location and visa status question. one week later, I have my phone interview, after that I got an on-site interview. there are 5 interviewer for the face to face.

Interview Questions

• the interview is easy. they asked me some basic concept and easy algorithm questions.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at EFI.

Interview

First there was a phone interview where I was asked a series of standard questions. This was a friendly and pleasant experience. It was without any oddball questions and very professional. Following that I was invited in to interview with a company director and then a vice president, all in about an hour. Both interviews were friendly and professional. The vice president was mostly concerned with how I would fit into the organization, which is lean and follows a matrix structure. The director was concerned primarily with how I would manage interdisciplinary teams to solve complex technical problems through discovering innovative solutions. One week following that interview I contacted the director who very kindly and supportively informed me that the position required someone with a more technical background, but that they would keep me in mind for more suitable positions in the future. On the whole it was a very pleasant experience, despite it being unsuccessful in terms of landing that particular position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a complex project where on time delivery was severely threatened due to an innovative solution that was just not working out as expected?   Answer Question

Senior Manager, Program Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EFI (Pitts, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

Poor communication from start to end. HR was primary contact and didn't followup when they said. Interview meeting were scheduled then rescheduled due to schedule conflicts. Presents a frenetic work environment.

Interview Questions

• If I would be comfortable working overtime   1 Answer

QA Engineer - Hourly Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EFI (Foster City, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

After first phone interview got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Senior Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EFI.

Interview

2 levels of interview - 5 people each time including VP, Directors and Sr. Manager level people

Negotiation

I did not negotiate which was a mistake!!

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EFI (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

I had several telephone interviews which resulted in the company flying me to Pittsburgh for four additional face-to-face interviews. I had already known several of the people with whom I interviewed. The entire process went very well. I was advised that when in their office they wanted to see how I interacted with current staff that and new hires wo I would be working with. Prior to my visit I was informed of the entire benefits package (410k, stock options, health insurance, etc.), and combined with the interviews I felt very good about getting an offer. Everything went well, even people telling me that they couldn't wait until I started working there. While I was there we ran out of time and was not able to meet with the HR director, so I was advised that a telephone interview would be arranged the following week. I never heard from them again. They never even called to advise me that I was not selected for the position. I was left hanging without any explanation.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EFI (Foster City, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview was not very difficult. A good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Find loop in a linked list.   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EFI (Meredith, NH) in June 2012.

Interview

HR screening is the first step. Then you get interviewed by 3 or 4 managers/colleagues. The schedule changed a lot.

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EFI (Jacksonville Beach, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

was called and asked about my qualifications

Interview Questions

Negotiation

didnt ask for one