EFI

Updated Nov 30, 2014
Updated Nov 30, 2014

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EFI in January 2012.

I was referred by a staffing agency. Initially I had one telephonic round and two F2F in their office. All of them were technical, spanning from C++, OS concepts (like file handling, multi threading, dlls), and some MFC concepts. The first two were cakewalks, as the interviewers seemed to be very junior level programmers themselves (which I found to be correct when I joined). The last one was with the hiring manager, who seemed to be a fairly experience programmer himself, so he posed some challange. He brought in a pal of his, another manager who grilled me on MFC, but I was able to impress him.

Interview Questions
  • Questions were very very easy in the first two rounds. The hiring manager asked me a couple of fundamental questions on MFC.
    e.g. Why the message handlers in Message maps not implemented as virtual functions?

View Answer
I had a discussion with the HR where they handed me an offer and explained me about the various aspects of it. Initially their offer was too low compared with my expectation. They were trying to corner me by claiming that they are offering me what I expected - something which I discussed with the staffing agency over phone. I stuck to what I expected in the written communication between us. I declined when they started coming up with excuses like 'company policy' . After about a month, I got a call from the staffing agency who forwarded my profile to them that they are willing to negotiate. I was asked for one more round of discussion where they hiked they offer but it was still less that my minimum expectation. The hiring manager proposed that they bridge the gap by a joining bonus, which I accepted.

My advices are:
1. By all means, negotiate. Don't hold back if they try to give you nonsense like 'company policy doesn't allow us to pay higher' or 'we have filled this position at this salary'. Don't pay much heed to those. Stick to your demand. Ask for a raise of band or a hefty joining bonus or better still a stock grant!

2.Be aware - and not many would tell you in advance - that their technical career path is crap. They give principal engineer designation to people with 6-7 years experience, so it is teeming with principal engineers. This is unlike most product companies where pe is a very senior level position given to people with at least above 10 years. Don't get fooled by crap that 'pe is equivalent to a manager' or 'architect equivalent to a senior manager'. That is a huge lie. They routinely give senior manager to people with 10 years while you would languish as a pe with over 14 years. So strictly go after a management paths - team leads, manager, senior manager, director and never never opt for technical paths. You would completely stagnate your career if you opt for technical path. And the good news is that if you persist, they would put you into management path even if their job posting was for technical path ...

Other Interview Reviews for EFI

Principal Engineer Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EFI in July 2011.

After technical telephonic round, I was called to their office for 2nd round which was again pure technical. The third round is taken by secition manager with some managerial questions and technical questions. Finally the project manager round, wondered how technically strong that project manager too?!

Interview Questions

Printing technology and color science is not interested to me to work for...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EFI in July 2010.

I have attended for architect position. But they have asked completely low level.
    1) .net framework
    2) WCF
    3) .net remoting.

Interview Questions
    they have offered what i want.