EFI

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Foster City, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EFI in April 2010.

Interview Details – It was pretty professional. There were 5 people interviewing me, including one HR.

Interview Questions

• Linked Lists. How to detect loop in a linked list?   Answer Question
  • * C string manipulation questions.
    * Point errors in the following code. Printed sheets of code where you had identify what was supposed to do , and then figure the errors.
      Answer Question
  • Puzzles.   Answer Question
  • Image processing : Matrix for an high pass filter, low pass filter, draw response for it .   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes. Negotiate

Meredith, NH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EFI in July 2008.

Interview Details – Phone interview was thorough but fair. In person interview consisted of meeting 5 different people for around an hour each, quite grueling. All of the interviewers asked pertinent questions relating to the field, my skills, or work ethic. No stupid questions about what cookie or animal I would be. Interviewers were friendly and professional.

Interview Question – What design patterns do you know?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – I didn't really negotiate. They asked my range, and made me an offer at the low end of it, and I accepted.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EFI.

Interview Details – Attended this as a New College Grad Interview, out of my UG.

Most questions consisted of in-depth details about the project and also basic C questions.

Was asked to provide a White board session, explaining various components in my UG project and what was my contribution to each.

Interview Question – Questions on C++ (if you have not worked earlier, like me)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was good for College Grad, so no negotiation. They also offered stocks (RSU) for college grad, which was cool.

Interviewed at EFI

Interview Details – HR called and shortlisted. Basically a C++ interview.

Interview Question – None. It was smooth   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EFI in August 2010.

Interview Details – Need to face 2 to 3 rounds of technical interview from the different members of the module and final technical round will be by the Project Manager. So, you can expect minimum 3 technical rounds. Finally a HR negotiation round.

Interview Question – They work on unix and C++. So, be very good in C++ and Unix/Linux.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EFI in June 2011.

Interview Details – Resume Shortlisting ---- Now they are considering candidate from top 50 institutes.
First round (Introduction, basic technical questions) ---- May be telephonic.
Second Round --- After clearing the first telephonic round, they will call you for face to face interview. In second round 2 or 3 manager will take interview separately. So possible repetition of questions (puzzles & technical).
Third Round ---- HR round (only salary negotiation)

Interview Question – Nothing is difficult, but candidate should have strong basic concepts.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offers the salary = (Exp in years)*1.8

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at EFI in September 2010.

Interview Details – questions will be very basic and simple, tricky also. there is more than one round of interview.

Interview Question – factorial of a number in c++ programing   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EFI in June 2008.

Interview Details – Interview was a telephonic one initially for technical round. Then a detailed technical interview in person a few days later. There were 3 1:1 interviews before shortlisting.

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EFI in February 2012.

Interview Details – The entire process was very quick. They called me in the morning and asked for a phone interview in the evening. I agreed to that and they wanted me to come in for an on-site interview the very next day.
It was a little surprising how fast they were moving. I had other commitments so I unfortunately had to delay the process but I went in for the on-site a couple of days later. I had six 1:1 interviews with various people. It was a good experience because the interviewers were very nice. I got the offer the very next day. The down side was that they expected me to accept it immediately.

Interview Question – Overall the questions weren't very difficult. One unexpected question was to create Fibonacci series for negative numbers   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Make sure you discuss the job profile in detail.

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EFI in October 2009.

Interview Details – I found an open position online and has been contacted by hr representative in a few days after submitting my resume. After short 30 min phone interview ( very generic - more like cultural fit test ) I was invited for onsite interview. 6 people x 45 minutes. Questions were - algorithms writing, logical problem solving, write a function in a language of your choice, "how would you deal" type of questions. Overall questions were not as difficult. People were very friendly and we had a nice conversation. In a week after an interview I was contacted with an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the starting work date as I needed to take 3 weeks off my previous job instead of usual 2.

Worked for EFI? Contribute to the Community!