EFI Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

3.3

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Foster City, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EFI in April 2010.

It was pretty professional. There were 5 people interviewing me, including one HR.

Interview Questions
  • Linked Lists. How to detect loop in a linked list?   Answer Question
  • * C string manipulation questions.
    * Point errors in the following code. Printed sheets of code where you had identify what was supposed to do , and then figure the errors.
      Answer Question
  • Puzzles.   Answer Question
  • Image processing : Matrix for an high pass filter, low pass filter, draw response for it .   Answer Question
Yes. Negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for EFI

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Meredith, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meredith, NH

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at EFI in July 2008.

Phone interview was thorough but fair. In person interview consisted of meeting 5 different people for around an hour each, quite grueling. All of the interviewers asked pertinent questions relating to the field, my skills, or work ethic. No stupid questions about what cookie or animal I would be. Interviewers were friendly and professional.

Interview Questions
    I didn't really negotiate. They asked my range, and made me an offer at the low end of it, and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at EFI.

Attended this as a New College Grad Interview, out of my UG.

Most questions consisted of in-depth details about the project and also basic C questions.

Was asked to provide a White board session, explaining various components in my UG project and what was my contribution to each.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on C++ (if you have not worked earlier, like me)   Answer Question
    Offer was good for College Grad, so no negotiation. They also offered stocks (RSU) for college grad, which was cool.

Software Engineer Interview

HR called and shortlisted. Basically a C++ interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EFI in August 2010.

Need to face 2 to 3 rounds of technical interview from the different members of the module and final technical round will be by the Project Manager. So, you can expect minimum 3 technical rounds. Finally a HR negotiation round.

Interview Questions
    • They work on unix and C++. So, be very good in C++ and Unix/Linux.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at EFI in June 2011.

Resume Shortlisting ---- Now they are considering candidate from top 50 institutes.
    First round (Introduction, basic technical questions) ---- May be telephonic.
    Second Round --- After clearing the first telephonic round, they will call you for face to face interview. In second round 2 or 3 manager will take interview separately. So possible repetition of questions (puzzles & technical).
    Third Round ---- HR round (only salary negotiation)

Interview Questions
    • Nothing is difficult, but candidate should have strong basic concepts.   Answer Question
    They offers the salary = (Exp in years)*1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at EFI in September 2010.

questions will be very basic and simple, tricky also. there is more than one round of interview.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at EFI in June 2008.

Interview was a telephonic one initially for technical round. Then a detailed technical interview in person a few days later. There were 3 1:1 interviews before shortlisting.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at EFI in February 2012.

The entire process was very quick. They called me in the morning and asked for a phone interview in the evening. I agreed to that and they wanted me to come in for an on-site interview the very next day.
    It was a little surprising how fast they were moving. I had other commitments so I unfortunately had to delay the process but I went in for the on-site a couple of days later. I had six 1:1 interviews with various people. It was a good experience because the interviewers were very nice. I got the offer the very next day. The down side was that they expected me to accept it immediately.

Interview Questions
    • Overall the questions weren't very difficult. One unexpected question was to create Fibonacci series for negative numbers   View Answer
    Make sure you discuss the job profile in detail.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EFI in October 2009.

I found an open position online and has been contacted by hr representative in a few days after submitting my resume. After short 30 min phone interview ( very generic - more like cultural fit test ) I was invited for onsite interview. 6 people x 45 minutes. Questions were - algorithms writing, logical problem solving, write a function in a language of your choice, "how would you deal" type of questions. Overall questions were not as difficult. People were very friendly and we had a nice conversation. In a week after an interview I was contacted with an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate the starting work date as I needed to take 3 weeks off my previous job instead of usual 2.

Worked for EFI? Contribute to the Community!