EFI Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2015

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EFI.

Interview

Interviewed onsite and had a great talking with two lead engineers. Took me about 45 min each including technical questions (algorithms in C). Then talked with hiring manager at a last. It seems they were very organized so the interview went smoothly. I really appreciated it and enjoyed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EFI

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EFI (Fremont, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

First, recruiter contacted me and ask me some information about my location and visa status question. one week later, I have my phone interview, after that I got an on-site interview. there are 5 interviewer for the face to face.

Interview Questions

• the interview is easy. they asked me some basic concept and easy algorithm questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EFI (Foster City, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

It was pretty professional. There were 5 people interviewing me, including one HR.

Interview Questions

• Linked Lists. How to detect loop in a linked list?   Answer Question
    • * C string manipulation questions. * Point errors in the following code. Printed sheets of code where you had identify what was supposed to do , and then figure the errors.   Answer Question
    • Puzzles.   Answer Question
    • Image processing : Matrix for an high pass filter, low pass filter, draw response for it .   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes. Negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meredith, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EFI (Meredith, NH) in July 2008.

Interview

Phone interview was thorough but fair. In person interview consisted of meeting 5 different people for around an hour each, quite grueling. All of the interviewers asked pertinent questions relating to the field, my skills, or work ethic. No stupid questions about what cookie or animal I would be. Interviewers were friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• What design patterns do you know?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate. They asked my range, and made me an offer at the low end of it, and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EFI (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Attended this as a New College Grad Interview, out of my UG. Most questions consisted of in-depth details about the project and also basic C questions. Was asked to provide a White board session, explaining various components in my UG project and what was my contribution to each.

Interview Questions

• Questions on C++ (if you have not worked earlier, like me)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was good for College Grad, so no negotiation. They also offered stocks (RSU) for college grad, which was cool.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

HR called and shortlisted. Basically a C++ interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EFI in February 2012.

Interview

The entire process was very quick. They called me in the morning and asked for a phone interview in the evening. I agreed to that and they wanted me to come in for an on-site interview the very next day. It was a little surprising how fast they were moving. I had other commitments so I unfortunately had to delay the process but I went in for the on-site a couple of days later. I had six 1:1 interviews with various people. It was a good experience because the interviewers were very nice. I got the offer the very next day. The down side was that they expected me to accept it immediately.

Interview Questions

• Overall the questions weren't very difficult. One unexpected question was to create Fibonacci series for negative numbers   1 Answer

Negotiation

Make sure you discuss the job profile in detail.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EFI in June 2011.

Interview

Resume Shortlisting ---- Now they are considering candidate from top 50 institutes. First round (Introduction, basic technical questions) ---- May be telephonic. Second Round --- After clearing the first telephonic round, they will call you for face to face interview. In second round 2 or 3 manager will take interview separately. So possible repetition of questions (puzzles & technical). Third Round ---- HR round (only salary negotiation)

Interview Questions

• Nothing is difficult, but candidate should have strong basic concepts.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offers the salary = (Exp in years)*1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EFI (Bangalore (India)) in September 2010.

Interview

questions will be very basic and simple, tricky also. there is more than one round of interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EFI (Bangalore (India)) in August 2010.

Interview

Need to face 2 to 3 rounds of technical interview from the different members of the module and final technical round will be by the Project Manager. So, you can expect minimum 3 technical rounds. Finally a HR negotiation round.

Interview Questions

• They work on unix and C++. So, be very good in C++ and Unix/Linux.   Answer Question