ELS Language Centers ESL Teacher Interview Questions

2.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  DFW, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at ELS Language Centers.

I submitted my resume in response to an online ad and they called me. I went for an interview about 3 days later.

Interview Questions
  • He did not ask my any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

The center director did not truthfully disclose all that he knew about this job and the environment. I learned some things from a former employee that changed my mind about working there.

Other Interview Reviews for ELS Language Centers

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ELS Language Centers in September 2013.

Asked questions about classroom management.

Non existent.

ESL Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at ELS Language Centers.

Ad on Craigslist, sent a resume, got a phone call, asked to interview that afternoon. I met the next morning, was hired.

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at ELS Language Centers in August 2008.

The Academic Director called me and said that she would be out of town but that as soon as she got back, she would call me and set up an interview. The day finally came and I met her in her office. It was my first job interview for an ESL teaching position and she simply asked me about my qualifications. She hired me right away at the interview.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't a difficult question. My interviewer was very kind. I had little teaching experience so she didn't ask me the difficult grammar questions that she certainly could have. My experience is not typical for an ESL teacher. Normally, difficult grammar questions will be asked to see your readiness to teach English grammar.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate. They had a fixed rate based on your credentials and years of experience and they didn't deviate from it.

ESL Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ELS Language Centers.

A lot of grammar questions were asked. Be prepared for any grammar topic.

ESL Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at ELS Language Centers in June 2011.

Called back and forth

Came in for interview

A bit of a cat and mouse game - waiting for background check. She was being "'cagey"' now I see why. They really were not sure they had a job available - they are never sure. They dont know till last minute - but they dont'tell you that until the day comes and after you've moved for this job you have no job. They want to cover their classes and have teqachers jsut in case - but in reality they never know and dont'tell you that. This way they are covered if they need you but if they dont'they could not care less if they jsut tell you there is no class. Don't ever move for or leave a job for this company.

In interview she asked me some grammar points, and general standard interview questions.

Interview Questions
    It was ok - she was sort of like avoiding me and I could not see why - I thought she was busy. Finally I found out what my pay was at the last minute. Very disorganized and unprofessional. One teacher there todl me she foudn out her pay on her first paycheck. Another said he found out the first day of class. Even though they kept asking.

Worked for ELS Language Centers? Contribute to the Community!