EMC

Updated Nov 18, 2014
1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Associate Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at EMC in July 2014.

The interview process was easy and informational. The interviewers asked about my past experience. The questions were practical and scenario based. The questions were around my experience and subject area. The interviewers asked anaytical questions related to ETL, Databases, Shell scripting. The basic questions were around SQL tuning and databse performance. I declined the offer due to HR recruiter attitude.

The HR recruiter with whom i interacted for the HR round didnot know how to talk to candidates. As recruiter is the first person with whom you interact. The recruiter started abusive language when he found my expectation rather if would have told that we cant offer that much.After ridiculing and all he started negotiating. When i declined he called me to send the offer. 2 days later he called to say that they cannot offer what was promised in first place. I took the offer as i have resigned taking the offer breakup considering it from a tier1 company and started searching desperately for the other one and to my luck i got the offer a day before joining EMC, so when i mailed that i cannot join, he again started abusing me and also threatened me to bar from al the companies as if he is a GOD. I think the management should check on the people they are taking in as recruiter and put them on some behavioural training.