EMC

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EMC in November 2013.

Interview Details – Met two recruiters at school career fair. 4 interview events total- 1 at the career fair, 2 after driving to an office location (1 in-person and 1 on phone, 30-45 min each), 7 speed-dating style interviews at their headquarters in a room of over 30 people (30-35 min each- pretty exhausting, but everyone was friendly and they kept us hydrated/fed), then one follow-up phone interview (30 mins).

Interview Question – -Some stats you should know if you've done research on the company before going in for the interview: CEO, market cap., P/E, share price, etc.
-What makes you qualified for this program and position?
-Give me an example of how you know how to problem-solve.
-Give me an example of real work experience you've had working in finance. What were you trying to achieve in that project?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase at all.

Hopkinton, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied via Campus Recruiting. Had one interview with alumni on campus and was called back for second (and final) round at headquarters in Hopkinton, MA. 28 candidates with 28 tables in one room. Seven speed dating-style back-to-back 25-35 minute interviews in a row for a few hours. It was pretty exhausting but the people are very friendly.

Interview Question – (towards the end of one of the interviews): in 60 seconds or less, tell me why I should hire you vs anyone else in this room.   Answer Question

Hopkinton, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC in May 2012.

Interview Details – Relatively simple, only met with 2 managers. There were no case studies, problem-solving questions etc. Felt like more of a conversation than an interview.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions, just your typical STAR interview process inquiries.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Associate Financial Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details – Wasn't able to land an interview until somebody submitted my resume internally. Once submitted internally, I received a call the next day from HR for a phone screening and was scheduled to come in the next week. Met with 2 individuals for about 30 minutes each and was set on my way. Received an offer about a week later.

Interview Question – Nothing outlandish. Just talked about my experience and my thoughts about the company and its growth.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They wouldn't move at all even though the salary offer was lower then what it should be given my credientials. It was a case of the economy not being very good and there not being many jobs out there and them taking advantage of the fact.

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!