EMC Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2015

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

1. LCS algorithm, find the longest sequence from string Eg: Find the longest sequence in String "abcdefaaaghijklaaamnopqrst" that comes after "aaa" 2. Design Interview process 3. JDBC connectivity 4. foo(number) should give 1_2_number with highest performance and least memory usage 5. Explain SAN why to use different server than just one in model (from MVC architecture) 6. How/where to use restlet services for client server architecture how I can transfer data from one Host (client with one OS) to server (with some other OS) 8. wht is wrong in : String s = null ; 9. If System.exit () is use in one Java code and 2 programs are running on same JVM, what will happen 10. Brain Teasers

Interview Questions

• Brain Teaser: three lamps in the room and three switches outside the room and can go into room only once   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online and got 1st round call interview from the US based HR, then a tele-interview with the hiring manager and was been asked to finish mini project prior next step. Once submitted the project moved to onsite interview and people asked all kinds of database related questions mostly related to the project you have done, during the interview I chose to speak English instead (seems some staffs who work there cannot master English, talking with very strong funny accents). Due to the French dominant environment no offers !

Interview Questions

• How to get all the info of the tables from the database ?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Campus placement. Company visited campus, Then PPT, Ojective exam (aptitude + technical), Technical interview (1 round), HR interview. Step1: Aptitude + Technical Exam Step2: Technical Interview (1 round) Step3: HR interview (1 round) Aptitude + Tchnical : Objective exam, Questions were good quality, very less time. Technical Interview: Questions mainly from Operating Systems, OOP concepts. (IPC, Virtual memory, paging vs segmentation, Activation record etc). HR interview: Just formality, regarding projects, Interests etc.

Interview Questions

• One Question started from Paging vs Segmentation and went up to Compaction and Buddy systems.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Campus Placement, No scope for negotiation with students.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Interview

written round- tough and very important 2 technical round -tougher as compared to other companies interview 1 hr round-this is just to check ur communication skills.

Interview Questions

• how can u test iphone or digital clock? answer related to software engineering   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EMC (Bangalore (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

There was an initial screening test, where they asked for aptitude and technical questions, all were multiple choice. First round of interview, there were questions on C and compilers and operating systems. Then a programming question on linked list. Second round, there was a question on data encoding. It was an open question, and very interesting. After that a simple HR round.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC in September 2011.

Interview

Campus Recruitment - 1 test, 4 Technical rounds, 1 HR round. Technical rounds covered everything in Operating Systems, little bit of networking, a few programming questions in pointers, linked list, some basic SQL questions, discussion about college product. HR round was very simple.

Interview Questions

• A very thorough operation systems interview which lasted for almost an hour.   Answer Question
    • Are you okay with relocating to Bangalore?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at EMC (Bangalore (India)) in August 2011.

Interview

Very well organised. I had to hardly wait for 15 mins after reaching the campus. Both the interviewers were very respectful and also the HR gave timely decisions. The interviewers' attitude was to select and not to reject people and hence they gave me slight directions and increased the level of difficulty. They asked to write code and improve complexity. All in all a very good experience..

Interview Questions

• Basics of data structures and algortithms, basics of c,c++,java Lots of questions on college project..was asked to write lots of code   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Bangalore (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

Was hired from college. Had one round of written test and one round of f2f interview with a panel consisting of two member And finaaly an HR interview. Asked abt operating system concepts and few programming questions

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Bangalore (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

It was an on campus interview. First round was written round with some basic programming stuff, aptitude and verbal reasoning. Was pretty easy. The next 2 rounds were technical. Was asked some C snippets and puzzles. The 2nd tech round was complete C programming based. Asked about structures, unions, how to detect a palindrome etc. Anyone with fair understanding of basics would clear them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Bangalore (India)) in August 2010.

Interview

Excellent and updated communication

Interview Questions

• Questions are easy for anyone who has prepared well. No specific tough question   Answer Question