Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at EMC
- Software Engineer (42)
- Senior Software Engineer (30)
- Intern (15)
- Principal Software Engineer (14)
- Technical Support Engineer (13)
- Business Analyst (11)
- Sales Associate (9)
- Engineering (9)
- Software Engineer II (9)
- Associate Software Engineer (8)
- Systems Engineer (7)
- Software Quality Engineer (7)
- Project Manager (7)
- Consultant (6)
- Senior Consultant (5)
- Associate Consultant (5)
- Technical Support Engineer I (5)
- Technical Support Engineer II (5)
- Program Manager (4)
- Inside Sales Representative (4)
- Senior Project Manager (4)
- Associate Financial Analyst (4)
- Account Manager (4)
- Implementation Specialist (4)
- Consultant Software Engineer (4)
- TSE (4)
- Principal Program Manager (4)
- Sales Executive (4)
- Engineer (3)
- Software Development Engineer (3)
- Declined OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult InterviewDeclined OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EMC (Bangalore (India)).
Interview process were very long, not methodically arranged etc.....
HR was at loss as to how many rounds they should arrange. going back and forth miss-communicating to candidate and created whole confusion. even after 4 rounds and few waits HR was not sure to make an offer or not
- management skills a LOT Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a day – interviewed at EMC (Bangalore (India)) in February 2015.
GD, general aptitude(analytical & logical), 2 technical interviews, 1 HR round. No technical questions were asked in technical interview, questions were only from your resume. They concentrate more on your communication skill and interpersonal skill. The whole process took a day.
- all from resume Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a day – interviewed at EMC (Bangalore (India)) in January 2015.
In First round they will totaly check ur communication and they will ask u to talk about some topic from that they will shortlist the students for further rounds
Second round was wriiten
It consists of basic apptitude questions
Third round was technical
They asked me about cloud computing as I did my project in that domain
They asked sme questns n that
They said to wait for feedback
I answered all the questions which they asked
But I did NT get through frm that
I applied online. The process took 2 days – interviewed at EMC (Bangalore (India)) in January 2015.
1st round is GD (topic of ur own)
2nd round is Aptitude (logical and reasoning ability)
3rd round is Communication (confidence level)
4th round is technical ( project )
5th MR and HR ( Abt the company , why EMC? ,...)
- Questions where on project, candidates interests and about EMC Answer Question
- Declined OfferAverage InterviewDeclined OfferAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a day – interviewed at EMC (Bangalore (India)) in December 2014.
1st of all they take communication rounds where they ask to tell about any topic.After getting an idea about your ascent they will tell you the result.Then the next round is aptitude,where they will check your logical and mental abilities.After clearing the round there will be HR or Technical round where the fate of the students is decided.
- Tell me about yourself,what projects you did in your college. 1 Answer
Reasons for Declining
Actually they were offering Associate technical post .
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at EMC (Bangalore (India)) in October 2014.
One initial telephonic technical round with a panel of 2. One face to face round with a panel of two, one technical architect and one manager. One telephonic round with a Senior manager from US. One telephonic round with a Senior Developer from US. The importance on communication was almost same as the importance on technical knowledge. 50% questions were technical whereas 50% questions were managerial.
- How would you convince the leadership for a feature that you want to include in the application? Answer Question
Little bit negotiation could be done as I was holding another offer.
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took a day – interviewed at EMC (Bangalore (India)) in September 2014.
1 MCQ round
2 interview rounds-1 tech + 2 HR
The MCQ round contained 60 questions-30 logical ,30 technical(computer concepts)
Interview rounds mainly focused on the basic knowledge of various computer science subjects , like Networks(my project was in networks),Operating systems(not much), and a coding question on data structures(related to trees) .
HR interview didn't take long (10-15 minutes).
THe interviewers were nice 2 us and helped me wen I was stuck in a coding question
- zig zag level order traversal of the tree . I did it using data structures(stacks and queues . Then I was asked to do it using normal recursion . Was stuck in the middle . Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days – interviewed at EMC (Bangalore (India)) in August 2014.
I was invited to their campus directly from EMC HR team. Had one-to-one technical round, one telephonic-technical round from US after 2 days, one technical/managerial round in Bangalore office after 2 days of previous round. All interviewers were very nice and they made me very comfortable while answering to them. They were particularly looking for Java, Spring, Web Services candidates for their one of the project/product. HR round was telephonic and there was nothing much discussion except salary negotiations and joining date negotiations. Overall, it was nice experience.
- Nothing much in deep. The questions were standard for a 7 Yrs experience Java-Professional. Answer Question
Initially the package was less than I had from another organization. When I shared with them, they increased my package to match against the other organization.
- Declined OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewDeclined OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source. The process took a week – interviewed at EMC (Bangalore (India)) in July 2014.
The interview process was easy and informational. The interviewers asked about my past experience. The questions were practical and scenario based. The questions were around my experience and subject area. The interviewers asked anaytical questions related to ETL, Databases, Shell scripting. The basic questions were around SQL tuning and databse performance. I declined the offer due to HR recruiter attitude.
Reasons for Declining
The HR recruiter with whom i interacted for the HR round didnot know how to talk to candidates. As recruiter is the first person with whom you interact. The recruiter started abusive language when he found my expectation rather if would have told that we cant offer that much.After ridiculing and all he started negotiating. When i declined he called me to send the offer. 2 days later he called to say that they cannot offer what was promised in first place. I took the offer as i have resigned taking the offer breakup considering it from a tier1 company and started searching desperately for the other one and to my luck i got the offer a day before joining EMC, so when i mailed that i cannot join, he again started abusing me and also threatened me to bar from al the companies as if he is a GOD. I think the management should check on the people they are taking in as recruiter and put them on some behavioural training.
Helpful (1)No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days – interviewed at EMC (Bangalore (India)) in June 2014.
1. Communication Round : Moderate
2. Apti + technical : Moderate
3. Technical Round : Moderate containing C/C++ concepts and question son final year project.
4. HR Round : They do this for timepass. They remove good candidates just for timepass.
5. Managerial Round
6. US HR round
- How would you motivate members in your team if you are the team leader? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review