EMC Interview Questions in Boston, MA

2.9

85 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC.

I applied online and received a call from the HR to schedule an onsite but I was travelling out of country, I requested for an phone interview instead and skype call for later references.

I recived a call from the team manager and he took the patience to explain the position and company. No particular technical questions were asked just went through my resume quickly.

A week later I got a call that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • None, it was first and the only phone screening and interview process.   Answer Question
    No need to negotiate, they offer good salary.

ITLP Co Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EMC in August 2014.

I had a two step interview with 5 managers total. Mostly I have been asked about my leadership abilities, any positions that were related to possible leading assignment. Any achievements that I had made over the last couple months. At the time of my interview I was doing my internship there, so there were a lot of questions on how do I find a company atmosphere. Do I work easily within a team, but at the same time can I lead the team or work on myself.
    There were very few technical questions. Overall both interview were very friendly and left only positive emotions.

Interview Questions
    • How do you understand being ethical with your colleagues?   Answer Question
    I got very good offer from the first time, I also was able to choose the starting date.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC in July 2014.

Applied online. Received call from HR within a day. He yawned in my ear for the entire call and apparently thought that was okay. Was a bit rude as well. After a few standard questions, went straight to salary requirements. This Sr. position salary was $6K lower than my previous job which was not sr. level. He said he would check on bonus or any other way to match that and get back to me the next day. I never heard from him again. Sent a follow up email a week later but he didn't have the courtesy to answer it.

Very disappointing experience with this company that allegedly has such a great reputation. Imagine listening to someone yawning in your ear during an interview!

Interview Questions
    • Out of the gate wanted to talk about salary and not much more.   Answer Question

Cloud Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at EMC in May 2014.

I submitted my resume through their official network. They did a very quick review and contacted me within one week. Two phone interviews from different groups. One interview is basically about your experience written on your resume and another one is a technical interview. Sometimes they expected more than what the job description required and be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Python: If you have a lot of functions and you want to measure the running time of each function, what method you can use such that you do not need to add start&end time in each function?
      Operating System: what is the main difference between spin lock and mutex?
        View Answers (2)

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at EMC in March 2014.

Very thorough interview process. Interviewed with several team members. Interviewing with several people gives you a good idea of what is expected of you in the role.

Interview Questions
    Fair starting salary based on salary at prior company. All information you provide regarding employment dates, salary, position, etc. will be verified.

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EMC in January 2014.

Great interaction with recruiter, was invited to on-site interview, EMC covered all travel expenses, interviewed with 6 different individuals, each interview was 30 to 45 minutes. Would advise anyone to bring a bottle of water and a cereal bar to an interview. Arrive early, easy to get lost on the wide-spread campus and cubicle maze.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how to convince hesitant executives to pursue your proposal.   Answer Question

Software Test Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EMC in November 2013.

I had applied for a Software Engineer Co-op position. I got a call one morning from an HR who said they would like to interview me and asked me my availability for a phone interview. The interview was set up for 2 days later. I got an email the same evening asking me to apply to the position online before I could be interviewed. When I went online, to my surprise the position said "Software Test Co-op" and I did not have a single skill on my resume matching the requirements! I tried to call the HR next morning to clarify the same but instead reached a voicemail box saying that he was on leave for the next few days. So I had to take the interview the next day.
    The interview started well and there were a few "tell me yourself" type questions. Then as expected I got asked questions on topics I had never heard of. In the meantime the interviewer went through my resume and apologized that he wasn't aware that my resume did not match the requirements. Then he told me he will try to assess me on my analytical skills and that part went really well. But after knowing that your the work domain and your profile have nothing in common, any logically thinking person would expect a reject and so did I.
    I was unhappy about how an utter waste of time the interview had been. But surpisingly EMC was not done yet. They were not contented with just wasting my time and probably wanted to waste my money as well. After a long month I got another call from the same HR saying they wanted to interview me onsite. I was shocked but I had to go. Their office is located at such a remote place and they do not provide any assistance with transportation. Nor do they give any reimbursement. And if you dare to ask for any such assistance they don't help you but instead indirectly threaten to cancel your interview by asking rhetorical questions like "If we hire you how will you get to work if you are finding it difficult to get to the interview". So you decide to go there on your own and you spend around a hundred dollars on travel alone.
    There were 3 onsite interviews. The first 2 interviews were more of a site-show and advertisement about what they do which makes one think "Have they already decided to hire me? Why aren't they asking any technical questions?" The third interview was really surprising in a way that the interviewer did not have any new questions to ask. He asked me the same questions that he had asked me in the phone interview and I am like
    "seriously?".
    Then again I kept waiting for a month after which I got the result: REJECT and I am so astonished and shocked and surprised and I don't know what. Come on- How can the same interview have two different outcomes; and that too opposite?

IT Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EMC in November 2013.

I had an initial phone interview with their recruiter. I was then invited for an on-site interview. It was a series of three interviewers, each interview was 20 minutes each. There were more than 20 other interviewees in the same room, having interviews at the same time. I was supposed to have three interviewers, but found out that I only was going to have two. Then last minute they decided to have someone random interview me, just for the sake of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was expecting technical questions, or some kind of question allowing my knowledge to be displayed. There were very few of these. The most unexpected question I had was the first question of my second interviewer, who asked me "If I came up to you in a bar and asked 'What's your story?', what would you say?"   Answer Question

EMC Marketing Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EMC in November 2013.

I had a basic on campus interview that lasted between 30 and 45 minutes. Well over a month later I was invited to interview at their Hopkinton office. This was in a round robin format with about 10 other applicants. We each met with 5 or 6 people for about 30 minutes. They represented the different divisions and asked basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had difficulty working in a group.   Answer Question

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC in November 2013.

Applied via Campus Recruiting. Had one interview with alumni on campus and was called back for second (and final) round at headquarters in Hopkinton, MA. 28 candidates with 28 tables in one room. Seven speed dating-style back-to-back 25-35 minute interviews in a row for a few hours. It was pretty exhausting but the people are very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • (towards the end of one of the interviews): in 60 seconds or less, tell me why I should hire you vs anyone else in this room.   Answer Question