EMC Interview Questions in Boston, MA

2.9

85 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC in January 2009.

Good and was techincal.

Very easy

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at EMC in June 2010.

EMC has a robust hiring and interview process. EMC is very consistent in their approach, its dogged, difficult and time consuming. EMC doesn't tolerate bad hires, and hiring managers often have gut feeling about a candidate but will confer with team or peers on their decision. Get ready for gang interviewing... you can spend the whole day at EMC and then be asked to dinner... HR is complete and professional, expect to be inspected and your references will be called.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your sales approach to a client who has stated that they don't like EMC...   View Answer

Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at EMC in April 2013.

Got a screening interview with recruitment services.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to convince someone older than you to change their mind about something?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC in May 2013.

The hiring and interview processes were very straight forward. I was contacted by HR for an initial phone screening before being contacted by the hiring manager for another experience screening (essentially wanting to hear about what I did at previous jobs/projects work on). They then brought me in for an onsite interview which took almost a full work day before giving me an offer a couple days later. The whole process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • I was given an hour, a computer with a set up environment, and an hour to create as much of a "database system". The general idea was to create a program that allowed users to interact through a command prompt interface and create/modify new and existing "databases" in the form of xml documents. The problem was intimidating at first, but once broken down into steps it really wasn't too bad.   View Answer
    EMC sent me a benefits package to look over, as well as a base salary and additional bonuses. The offer was significantly higher than I expected, and any other companies had offered up to that point. I took it without hesitation.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EMC in January 2010.

2 phone interviews 1 on site interview that lasted 3 hours. met with 3 managers then took a case study on process flows.

no negotiation

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied online – interviewed at EMC in November 2008.

Very technical interview for even manager position. I had interviewed with RSA, security division of EMC. Initially there were multiple phone screens before getting on site interview. Onsite interview was also whole day exercise of mixed technical, management interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Threat modeling process end to end and follow up questions like how CVSS ranking works etc

The other question on change management
        Answer Question
    i learned through long negotiation phase that EMC recruiters don't negotiate salaries. Once they offer some number, they stick to it even at cost of losing great candidate.

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at EMC in January 2007.

The initial interview was at a recruiter's office and was strictly technical. The second interview was made up of 3 pieces.

A: 5 separate interviews wit 5 different people, each once focusing on a separate area (personality, resume, networking, OS, storage)
    B: was a 25 minute technical presentation to 15 technical people
    C: was an 1:1 with the hiring boss.

Interview Questions
    • You have no training experience, what makes you feel as thought you would make a good instructor?   View Answers (2)
    no - negotaion available

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC in April 2009.

They want to see flexibility that you have many useable skillsets and are a team player with high energy.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Describe the OSI model layers and explain in details how it works and how it is used for troubleshooting.?   View Answers (2)
    • Describe a recent issue you troubleshoot in detailed problem that shows from the start to finish the steps involved in resolving the issue in great deta ?   Answer Question
    • Describe what a forward and reverse look up is and describe how you would go about fixing a tombstone DNS entry ?   Answer Question
    • Describe the handshaking negotiation process between two clients in reference to a network packet capture ?   Answer Question

Position responsibilities was not what was originally advertised by recruiter. It more of a MIS Operations oreintated position instead of product specific . This is not the position that I was lead to believe it was.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at EMC in October 2009.

Long process . interview 1:1 with all 5 technical members in group , The with the Manager then the Group VP. Mostly all the interviews lasted about 45minuites to 1 hour per person. Process spanned several day as not all the team member were on site at the same time

Interview Questions
    • 1. TCP I/P Theory of operation. differences between CIFS & NFS.
      2. Describe all different types of EMC RAID Levels and Pro vs Con on where there deployment would be best utilized.
        Answer Question
    • What is the name of the file thats responsible for initial configuration for Samba server. Describe some of the type of functions inside the config file and what
      is the name of the Param that enables CIFS functionality in Samba.
        View Answer
    back and forth ..I got my number my number but the percentage of MBO was 15%. I would have preferred a high salary and only 10% MBO.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EMC in October 2009.

Interviews went well. Felt comfortable with most interviewers. Fluid conversations. Tested my wish to purse sales, work at EMC, and knowledge of EMC.

One interviewer was cold, and uncomfortable; however, they did believe I'd be a good fit for the training program.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Asked about my background, why i wanted to do sales, why EMC, strengths and weakness'.   View Answer