EMC

2.9

86 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC in April 2011.

The interview was very fast, as I met with 2 HR recruiters for 10 minutes each. They asked me simple questions about why I was qualified for the position, as well as why they should hire me over someone with a sales degree. They told me they were interviewing about 4000 candidates, hence the feeling of being rushed through the whole process.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you over a student with a sales degree?   Answer Question

Lab Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC in July 2008.

Called me in for in person interview. No technical questions asked. Just described what i was supposed to do in the position.

Storage Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EMC in July 2011.

Received a call from an EMC recruiter. After telephone call he set me up with additional phone screen with two EMC associates, one technical person and one program management person. The technical person asked me several technical questions regarding EMC technologies. After the telephone screen, the EMC recruiter called me and told me they were very impressed with my technical skills (I had previously worked for EMC for two years). The hiring manager was in Ireland and did not interview me at all. I was told they wanted to meet with me in person. I went on site to Hopkinton and met with 4 members of the RMS team which I would be working with. The interview went well but they appeared concerned that I expressed an interest in management as a future goal. After a day or two I called the recruiter who said they had one more candidate to interview and they would let me know by weeks end. After feeling like I was getting the run around I called the recruiter who told me I was still very much in the running for the position. Two days later I received an email saying that they brought an internal candidate in for an interview and if all went well he would be getting the job.

Interview Questions
    • Your resume states that you wish to move into management. Would you be satisfied with this position?   View Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC in July 2014.

Applied online. Received call from HR within a day. He yawned in my ear for the entire call and apparently thought that was okay. Was a bit rude as well. After a few standard questions, went straight to salary requirements. This Sr. position salary was $6K lower than my previous job which was not sr. level. He said he would check on bonus or any other way to match that and get back to me the next day. I never heard from him again. Sent a follow up email a week later but he didn't have the courtesy to answer it.

Very disappointing experience with this company that allegedly has such a great reputation. Imagine listening to someone yawning in your ear during an interview!

Interview Questions
    • Out of the gate wanted to talk about salary and not much more.   Answer Question

Software Developer Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC.

I applied online and received a call from the HR to schedule an onsite but I was travelling out of country, I requested for an phone interview instead and skype call for later references.

I recived a call from the team manager and he took the patience to explain the position and company. No particular technical questions were asked just went through my resume quickly.

A week later I got a call that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • None, it was first and the only phone screening and interview process.   Answer Question
    No need to negotiate, they offer good salary.

Software Engineer QE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC in December 2009.

I got a interview call for Cambridge position for software QE and I went there for 1:1 interview .
    The interview was totally based on the resume. There were 4 people including manager who took my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Project Questions. How you did this project and that project. No technical question at all.   Answer Question
    You can negotiate easily with EMC

Product Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EMC in June 2009.

The process began with a phone interview mainly asking if I was still interested in the position and to schedule an in person series of interviews.
    The following week, I went in for what turned out to be a series of hour long interviews with each member of the Product Marketing team.
    The interviews were not difficult, but were rather more of a "fit" interview.
    I found out the following week that I had been offered the position pending a drug test.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase, mostly due to the fact that it was an internship position.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EMC in March 2012.

EMC interview process consisted of an initial phone interview with a recruiter in Franklin. He was very friendly, it was mostly behavioural questions to get a sense of your personality. THe next was a one on one interview in the EMC office in my location. This interview was more in depth, but still mostly behavioural questions to get a sense of my character, and to figure out how I would fit in. Then there was a second phone interview with the recruiter again in Franklin. This one was pretty short, as they had already talked to me quite a bit.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC in September 2011.

Was contacted by the recruiter, had an initial phone screen with the hiring manager and was invited for a 1:1 interview. Met with the team members 1:1, had a quick tour of the office.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most challenging project that you have worked on.   Answer Question
    • Pros and Cons of Java Server Faces, Spring framework, design patterns   Answer Question

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC in March 2012.

My recruiter set up the interview and gave me the first names of the five people I would be speaking to. I did not have an avenue of communication with them prior to the interview day. I arrived and was met at the security desk by the person who was to be my second interviewer. The order of interviews had been changed. I alternated between speaking to each of the five people (two potential colleagues, one project lead, one team lead, one manager) and seeing different parts of the facility (office, break area, data center). Each of the interviewers asked me different questions about how my qualifications applied to their area of expertise. The first four people were very fun to talk to and seemed rather excited about the projects I would be coming in to work on. The final person, the department manager, was rather somber.

Interview Questions
    • You are aware this is a Quality Engineer position, yes?   View Answer