EMC Interview Questions in Boston, MA

83 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Franklin, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at EMC in April 2011.

The interview was very fast, as I met with 2 HR recruiters for 10 minutes each. They asked me simple questions about why I was qualified for the position, as well as why they should hire me over someone with a sales degree. They told me they were interviewing about 4000 candidates, hence the feeling of being rushed through the whole process.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you over a student with a sales degree?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at EMC in July 2014.

Applied online. Received call from HR within a day. He yawned in my ear for the entire call and apparently thought that was okay. Was a bit rude as well. After a few standard questions, went straight to salary requirements. This Sr. position salary was $6K lower than my previous job which was not sr. level. He said he would check on bonus or any other way to match that and get back to me the next day. I never heard from him again. Sent a follow up email a week later but he didn't have the courtesy to answer it.

Very disappointing experience with this company that allegedly has such a great reputation. Imagine listening to someone yawning in your ear during an interview!

Interview Questions
    • Out of the gate wanted to talk about salary and not much more.   Answer Question

Storage Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EMC in July 2011.

Received a call from an EMC recruiter. After telephone call he set me up with additional phone screen with two EMC associates, one technical person and one program management person. The technical person asked me several technical questions regarding EMC technologies. After the telephone screen, the EMC recruiter called me and told me they were very impressed with my technical skills (I had previously worked for EMC for two years). The hiring manager was in Ireland and did not interview me at all. I was told they wanted to meet with me in person. I went on site to Hopkinton and met with 4 members of the RMS team which I would be working with. The interview went well but they appeared concerned that I expressed an interest in management as a future goal. After a day or two I called the recruiter who said they had one more candidate to interview and they would let me know by weeks end. After feeling like I was getting the run around I called the recruiter who told me I was still very much in the running for the position. Two days later I received an email saying that they brought an internal candidate in for an interview and if all went well he would be getting the job.

Interview Questions
    • Your resume states that you wish to move into management. Would you be satisfied with this position?   View Answer

Lab Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at EMC in July 2008.

Called me in for in person interview. No technical questions asked. Just described what i was supposed to do in the position.

Software Engineer QE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at EMC in December 2009.

I got a interview call for Cambridge position for software QE and I went there for 1:1 interview .
    The interview was totally based on the resume. There were 4 people including manager who took my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Project Questions. How you did this project and that project. No technical question at all.   Answer Question
    You can negotiate easily with EMC

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at EMC in March 2011.

Had a one on one interview following a university career fair. They did not seem to give the interview chance easily. I had an alumni friend working there who helped get my name on the list. The interview was average, no trick questions. Made it seem like a sure bet to move forward to next level of interviews. Got a generic response to my thank you email. Sent a few emails following but getting no response, positive or negative from interviewer or HR.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at EMC in September 2011.

Was contacted by the recruiter, had an initial phone screen with the hiring manager and was invited for a 1:1 interview. Met with the team members 1:1, had a quick tour of the office.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most challenging project that you have worked on.   Answer Question
    • Pros and Cons of Java Server Faces, Spring framework, design patterns   Answer Question

Product Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EMC in June 2009.

The process began with a phone interview mainly asking if I was still interested in the position and to schedule an in person series of interviews.
    The following week, I went in for what turned out to be a series of hour long interviews with each member of the Product Marketing team.
    The interviews were not difficult, but were rather more of a "fit" interview.
    I found out the following week that I had been offered the position pending a drug test.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase, mostly due to the fact that it was an internship position.

Software Test Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in November 2013.

I had applied for a Software Engineer Co-op position. I got a call one morning from an HR who said they would like to interview me and asked me my availability for a phone interview. The interview was set up for 2 days later. I got an email the same evening asking me to apply to the position online before I could be interviewed. When I went online, to my surprise the position said "Software Test Co-op" and I did not have a single skill on my resume matching the requirements! I tried to call the HR next morning to clarify the same but instead reached a voicemail box saying that he was on leave for the next few days. So I had to take the interview the next day.
    The interview started well and there were a few "tell me yourself" type questions. Then as expected I got asked questions on topics I had never heard of. In the meantime the interviewer went through my resume and apologized that he wasn't aware that my resume did not match the requirements. Then he told me he will try to assess me on my analytical skills and that part went really well. But after knowing that your the work domain and your profile have nothing in common, any logically thinking person would expect a reject and so did I.
    I was unhappy about how an utter waste of time the interview had been. But surpisingly EMC was not done yet. They were not contented with just wasting my time and probably wanted to waste my money as well. After a long month I got another call from the same HR saying they wanted to interview me onsite. I was shocked but I had to go. Their office is located at such a remote place and they do not provide any assistance with transportation. Nor do they give any reimbursement. And if you dare to ask for any such assistance they don't help you but instead indirectly threaten to cancel your interview by asking rhetorical questions like "If we hire you how will you get to work if you are finding it difficult to get to the interview". So you decide to go there on your own and you spend around a hundred dollars on travel alone.
    There were 3 onsite interviews. The first 2 interviews were more of a site-show and advertisement about what they do which makes one think "Have they already decided to hire me? Why aren't they asking any technical questions?" The third interview was really surprising in a way that the interviewer did not have any new questions to ask. He asked me the same questions that he had asked me in the phone interview and I am like
    "seriously?".
    Then again I kept waiting for a month after which I got the result: REJECT and I am so astonished and shocked and surprised and I don't know what. Come on- How can the same interview have two different outcomes; and that too opposite?

IT Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EMC in November 2013.

I had an initial phone interview with their recruiter. I was then invited for an on-site interview. It was a series of three interviewers, each interview was 20 minutes each. There were more than 20 other interviewees in the same room, having interviews at the same time. I was supposed to have three interviewers, but found out that I only was going to have two. Then last minute they decided to have someone random interview me, just for the sake of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was expecting technical questions, or some kind of question allowing my knowledge to be displayed. There were very few of these. The most unexpected question I had was the first question of my second interviewer, who asked me "If I came up to you in a bar and asked 'What's your story?', what would you say?"   Answer Question

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!