EMC

81 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Franklin, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EMC in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was very fast, as I met with 2 HR recruiters for 10 minutes each. They asked me simple questions about why I was qualified for the position, as well as why they should hire me over someone with a sales degree. They told me they were interviewing about 4000 candidates, hence the feeling of being rushed through the whole process.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you over a student with a sales degree?   Answer Question

Lab Systems Engineer Interview

Lab Systems Engineer
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at EMC in July 2008.

Interview Details – Called me in for in person interview. No technical questions asked. Just described what i was supposed to do in the position.

Storage Engineer Interview

Storage Engineer
Hopkinton, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EMC in July 2011.

Interview Details – Received a call from an EMC recruiter. After telephone call he set me up with additional phone screen with two EMC associates, one technical person and one program management person. The technical person asked me several technical questions regarding EMC technologies. After the telephone screen, the EMC recruiter called me and told me they were very impressed with my technical skills (I had previously worked for EMC for two years). The hiring manager was in Ireland and did not interview me at all. I was told they wanted to meet with me in person. I went on site to Hopkinton and met with 4 members of the RMS team which I would be working with. The interview went well but they appeared concerned that I expressed an interest in management as a future goal. After a day or two I called the recruiter who said they had one more candidate to interview and they would let me know by weeks end. After feeling like I was getting the run around I called the recruiter who told me I was still very much in the running for the position. Two days later I received an email saying that they brought an internal candidate in for an interview and if all went well he would be getting the job.

Interview Question – Your resume states that you wish to move into management. Would you be satisfied with this position?   View Answer

Software Engineer QE Interview

Software Engineer QE
Cambridge, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EMC in December 2009.

Interview Details – I got a interview call for Cambridge position for software QE and I went there for 1:1 interview .
The interview was totally based on the resume. There were 4 people including manager who took my interview.

Interview Question – Project Questions. How you did this project and that project. No technical question at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate easily with EMC

Product Marketing Intern Interview

Product Marketing Intern
Hopkinton, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EMC in June 2009.

Interview Details – The process began with a phone interview mainly asking if I was still interested in the position and to schedule an in person series of interviews.
The following week, I went in for what turned out to be a series of hour long interviews with each member of the Product Marketing team.
The interviews were not difficult, but were rather more of a "fit" interview.
I found out the following week that I had been offered the position pending a drug test.

Interview Question – Why did you switch from music to marketing IT?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase, mostly due to the fact that it was an internship position.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Franklin, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EMC in March 2012.

Interview Details – EMC interview process consisted of an initial phone interview with a recruiter in Franklin. He was very friendly, it was mostly behavioural questions to get a sense of your personality. THe next was a one on one interview in the EMC office in my location. This interview was more in depth, but still mostly behavioural questions to get a sense of my character, and to figure out how I would fit in. Then there was a second phone interview with the recruiter again in Franklin. This one was pretty short, as they had already talked to me quite a bit.

Interview Question – why do you want to get into sales   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Cambridge, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at EMC in September 2011.

Interview Details – Was contacted by the recruiter, had an initial phone screen with the hiring manager and was invited for a 1:1 interview. Met with the team members 1:1, had a quick tour of the office.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most challenging project that you have worked on.   Answer Question
  • Pros and Cons of Java Server Faces, Spring framework, design patterns   Answer Question

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Software Quality Engineer
Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at EMC in March 2012.

Interview Details – My recruiter set up the interview and gave me the first names of the five people I would be speaking to. I did not have an avenue of communication with them prior to the interview day. I arrived and was met at the security desk by the person who was to be my second interviewer. The order of interviews had been changed. I alternated between speaking to each of the five people (two potential colleagues, one project lead, one team lead, one manager) and seeing different parts of the facility (office, break area, data center). Each of the interviewers asked me different questions about how my qualifications applied to their area of expertise. The first four people were very fun to talk to and seemed rather excited about the projects I would be coming in to work on. The final person, the department manager, was rather somber.

Interview Question – You are aware this is a Quality Engineer position, yes?   View Answer

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II
Hopkinton, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at EMC in June 2010.

Interview Details – Not too much. They tried to find out if you have the common knowledge with them.
If you do, then they will thumb up. Otherwise, you are out.

Interview Question – What is the singleton pattern?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate. Their salary is quite open.
Either you join or not. They really don't care.

Director Product Management Interview

Director Product Management
Hopkinton, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EMC in April 2012.

Interview Details – Met with 4 employees. Each one were at different levels. Questions ranged from technical to business. Not very hard questions but, they were thorough.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situatoin where you had to overcome adversity?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I told them what I was looking for and we negotiated somewhere in the middle. very happy with the package

Interviews for Top Jobs at EMC

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!

EMC Videos

EMC – Why Work for Us?

A passion for learning, innovating and success EMC is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver information technology as a service (ITaaS). Fundamental to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EMC interview questions and advice in Boston, MA. All 81 interview reviews posted anonymously by EMC employees and interview candidates.