EMC

Getting the Interview

77 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

Hopkinton, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied via Campus Recruiting. Had one interview with alumni on campus and was called back for second (and final) round at headquarters in Hopkinton, MA. 28 candidates with 28 tables in one room. Seven speed dating-style back-to-back 25-35 minute interviews in a row for a few hours. It was pretty exhausting but the people are very friendly.

Interview Question – (towards the end of one of the interviews): in 60 seconds or less, tell me why I should hire you vs anyone else in this room.   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in April 2010.

Interview Details – refer by a friends' friend, very quickly got a phone call from HR, after that I had 1 phone interview, then following with 4 rounds on-site technical interview.

Interview Question – Singleton pattern in java   Answer Question

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Hopkinton, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EMC in January 2014.

Interview Details – Great interaction with recruiter, was invited to on-site interview, EMC covered all travel expenses, interviewed with 6 different individuals, each interview was 30 to 45 minutes. Would advise anyone to bring a bottle of water and a cereal bar to an interview. Arrive early, easy to get lost on the wide-spread campus and cubicle maze.

Interview Question – Explain how to convince hesitant executives to pursue your proposal.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Hopkinton, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at EMC in March 2014.

Interview Details – Very thorough interview process. Interviewed with several team members. Interviewing with several people gives you a good idea of what is expected of you in the role.

Interview Question – What is your passion?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fair starting salary based on salary at prior company. All information you provide regarding employment dates, salary, position, etc. will be verified.

Business Consultant Interview

Hopkinton, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EMC in January 2010.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews 1 on site interview that lasted 3 hours. met with 3 managers then took a case study on process flows.

Interview Question – map a process flow   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Technical Program Manager Co-Op Interview

Hopkinton, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EMC in December 2012.

Interview Details – Basic interview: Personal Trait Questions, Organization, Basic Math Knowledge

Interview Question – Know the difference between kilo and milli   Answer Question

Channel Manager Interview

Hopkinton, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EMC in July 2013.

Interview Details – Meet with management team and interview with Sales Managers. Expect 4-6 individual interviews. Helps to do a business plan or have some documentation you can talk to.

Interview Question – Make a business plan or presentation or the interview will go completely sideways. You need to manage the conversation. Winging it is not a good option or you will get crazy questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Cambridge, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC in May 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview processes were very straight forward. I was contacted by HR for an initial phone screening before being contacted by the hiring manager for another experience screening (essentially wanting to hear about what I did at previous jobs/projects work on). They then brought me in for an onsite interview which took almost a full work day before giving me an offer a couple days later. The whole process took about two weeks.

Interview Question – I was given an hour, a computer with a set up environment, and an hour to create as much of a "database system". The general idea was to create a program that allowed users to interact through a command prompt interface and create/modify new and existing "databases" in the form of xml documents. The problem was intimidating at first, but once broken down into steps it really wasn't too bad.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – EMC sent me a benefits package to look over, as well as a base salary and additional bonuses. The offer was significantly higher than I expected, and any other companies had offered up to that point. I took it without hesitation.

Sales Intern Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EMC in April 2013.

Interview Details – Got a screening interview with recruitment services.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to convince someone older than you to change their mind about something?   Answer Question

Consultant Software Engineer Interview

Hopkinton, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EMC in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a member of EMC HR, I had not applied for any job.
I went through two rounds of interviews, about a week apart. Each time I interviewed with 3-4 people.
The questions were mostly technical and I was expected to use the whiteboard to explain some concepts and systems I'd worked on in the past.

It took them about a month after interviewing me to give me an offer. After I received that I was required to take a urine drug test. That wasn't an issue for me, but it's the first time in 30 years I've ever had to do this.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions. The normal challenging ones: what were my weaknesses; what was a challenging situation I encountered and how did I handle it. I had prepared some general responses so I didn't flounder when asked. The interviewers were all reasonable.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried negotiating for more vacation time (I'm a very senior engineer with a lot of experience). But no luck. After joining I heard the the HR rep I dealt with was not very good.

Interviews for Top Jobs at EMC

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!

EMC Videos

EMC – Why Work for Us?

A passion for learning, innovating and success EMC is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver information technology as a service (ITaaS). Fundamental to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EMC interview questions and advice in Boston, MA. All 77 interview reviews posted anonymously by EMC employees and interview candidates.