EMC

Updated Feb 11, 2015

2.9

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at EMC.

Brief interview during campus career fair followed by mass onsite interview followed by interview with specific team. After completing 3 rounds of interviews, I got a verbal offer but it took almost 9 months before the written offer was extended. In the interim, the position was put on/off hold several times so it was a bit frustrating. EMC was the first place I interviewed and the last place I heard back from, only after I had other offers to consider.

Senior Dedicated Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EMC in January 2011.

Very well structured process. Clearly identified role and needs for the position. Clearly described expectations for interview by customer's Sr. members of staff. Excellent rounds with technical peers as well as Sr. technical colleagues. Really vetted out on both technical and business relationship side.

Interview Questions
    • What are your recommended guidelines for configuring [Product]? What would you do as a must and what would you avoid?   Answer Question
    • Describe your previous interactions in a support role.   Answer Question
    • What do you feel is the most important aspect of a role similar to what you would be undertaking?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a critical situation where your ability to solve a problem is affected by your limited technical expertise with that particular subject?   Answer Question
    This phase was straight forward and to the point.

Temp Shipper Final Assembly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EMC in November 2014.

This was through Manpower, seasonal, filled out all the forms on line etc. Went in to meet with shift boss. Was asked one question. 'Had I ever been in the building before?' After that no more questions. No getting back to me by Manpower. No feed back. Nothing. Ok I'm over fifty.
    I worked in a cabinet shop I can lift stuff all day long, What gives?

Interview Questions
    • If there is No question it s a hard one to answer.   View Answer

ITLP Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC.

Two step process, one phone screen and a round robin interview at their global headquarters in Hopkinton MA. All interviewers were people within the company, not recruiters. Be prepared to discuss time you have failed.

Interview Questions
    Good offer, did not feel the need to negotiate.

Software Developer Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC.

I applied online and received a call from the HR to schedule an onsite but I was travelling out of country, I requested for an phone interview instead and skype call for later references.

I recived a call from the team manager and he took the patience to explain the position and company. No particular technical questions were asked just went through my resume quickly.

A week later I got a call that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • None, it was first and the only phone screening and interview process.   Answer Question
    No need to negotiate, they offer good salary.

ITLP Co Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EMC in August 2014.

I had a two step interview with 5 managers total. Mostly I have been asked about my leadership abilities, any positions that were related to possible leading assignment. Any achievements that I had made over the last couple months. At the time of my interview I was doing my internship there, so there were a lot of questions on how do I find a company atmosphere. Do I work easily within a team, but at the same time can I lead the team or work on myself.
    There were very few technical questions. Overall both interview were very friendly and left only positive emotions.

Interview Questions
    • How do you understand being ethical with your colleagues?   Answer Question
    I got very good offer from the first time, I also was able to choose the starting date.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC in July 2014.

Applied online. Received call from HR within a day. He yawned in my ear for the entire call and apparently thought that was okay. Was a bit rude as well. After a few standard questions, went straight to salary requirements. This Sr. position salary was $6K lower than my previous job which was not sr. level. He said he would check on bonus or any other way to match that and get back to me the next day. I never heard from him again. Sent a follow up email a week later but he didn't have the courtesy to answer it.

Very disappointing experience with this company that allegedly has such a great reputation. Imagine listening to someone yawning in your ear during an interview!

Interview Questions
    • Out of the gate wanted to talk about salary and not much more.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EMC in June 2013.

It was a long process from application to offer (about 3 months). Expect to have 4 phone interviews and 1 in-person interview with 3-4 people. Way to political... no one wants to make a decision without vetting it with a commitee.

Interview Questions
    • Many managers at EMC are "Lifers" meaning they have been with the company for 15+ years and they look with skepticism on people who have worked for more than 2-3 companies in their career. It is most difficult to explain to them why you haven't been with the same employer for 10+ years.   Answer Question
    Yes, I was able to negotiate a little for salary, stock and vacation time.

Cloud Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at EMC in May 2014.

I submitted my resume through their official network. They did a very quick review and contacted me within one week. Two phone interviews from different groups. One interview is basically about your experience written on your resume and another one is a technical interview. Sometimes they expected more than what the job description required and be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Python: If you have a lot of functions and you want to measure the running time of each function, what method you can use such that you do not need to add start&end time in each function?
      Operating System: what is the main difference between spin lock and mutex?

View Answers (2)

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC in September 2010.

I was originally contacted by a contracting company for a year-to-year contract. They contacted me via email and I was quickly brought on board to interview in person. The interview was your typical interview though in addition he asked me to whiteboard out a process. While challenging, I liked this step as it showed him how well he could brainstorm with me as a prospective Team Member.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked to whiteboard out a process was definitely unexpected, but it showed that the employer valued collaboration, which is something that I look for in a job.   Answer Question