EMC Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.9

ITLP Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA).

Interview

Two step process, one phone screen and a round robin interview at their global headquarters in Hopkinton MA. All interviewers were people within the company, not recruiters. Be prepared to discuss time you have failed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Good offer, did not feel the need to negotiate.

Temp Shipper Final Assembly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

This was through Manpower, seasonal, filled out all the forms on line etc. Went in to meet with shift boss. Was asked one question. 'Had I ever been in the building before?' After that no more questions. No getting back to me by Manpower. No feed back. Nothing. Ok I'm over fifty. I worked in a cabinet shop I can lift stuff all day long, What gives?

Interview Questions

• If there is No question it s a hard one to answer.   1 Answer

Software Developer Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA).

Interview

I applied online and received a call from the HR to schedule an onsite but I was travelling out of country, I requested for an phone interview instead and skype call for later references. I recived a call from the team manager and he took the patience to explain the position and company. No particular technical questions were asked just went through my resume quickly. A week later I got a call that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• None, it was first and the only phone screening and interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No need to negotiate, they offer good salary.

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at my school's career fair. Had 2 phone interviews and was asked to come in to their main office where I had to have 6 individual interviews with managers, engineers, etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with internal group conflicts?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EMC (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

All day, nice people but long and they pay for lunch so thats cool. one guy was kid of a jerk but thats ok cause i didnt even get the job.

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screen. Then onsite 1 on 1 interview. Then I was then brought in for a group interviewing process throughout the day. The day consisted of background on their sales development program, projected career growth, as well as one on one and panel interviews all consisting of behavioral based questions, as well as a role play session with one of the managers imitating a cold call. Honestly, I was ultimately disappointed in the company and their selection process. I was told I did not get an offer which is fine, but their reason was that I did not have enough sales experience.....for their development program? I went into the interview with more experience than many of the other candidates and was just disappointed that they could not offer real feedback after such a long process.

ITLP Co Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in August 2014.

Interview

I had a two step interview with 5 managers total. Mostly I have been asked about my leadership abilities, any positions that were related to possible leading assignment. Any achievements that I had made over the last couple months. At the time of my interview I was doing my internship there, so there were a lot of questions on how do I find a company atmosphere. Do I work easily within a team, but at the same time can I lead the team or work on myself. There were very few technical questions. Overall both interview were very friendly and left only positive emotions.

Interview Questions

• How do you understand being ethical with your colleagues?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got very good offer from the first time, I also was able to choose the starting date.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received call from HR within a day. He yawned in my ear for the entire call and apparently thought that was okay. Was a bit rude as well. After a few standard questions, went straight to salary requirements. This Sr. position salary was $6K lower than my previous job which was not sr. level. He said he would check on bonus or any other way to match that and get back to me the next day. I never heard from him again. Sent a follow up email a week later but he didn't have the courtesy to answer it. Very disappointing experience with this company that allegedly has such a great reputation. Imagine listening to someone yawning in your ear during an interview!

Interview Questions

• Out of the gate wanted to talk about salary and not much more.   Answer Question

Cloud Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at EMC (Boston, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume through their official network. They did a very quick review and contacted me within one week. Two phone interviews from different groups. One interview is basically about your experience written on your resume and another one is a technical interview. Sometimes they expected more than what the job description required and be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Python: If you have a lot of functions and you want to measure the running time of each function, what method you can use such that you do not need to add start&end time in each function? Operating System: what is the main difference between spin lock and mutex?   2 Answers

Global Supply Chain Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC (Boston, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

easy phone interview with the hiring manager. Took an hour. After that the hiring process took two weeks to complete. I took a drug test and passed and then was told to start working the following week.

Interview Questions

• name a situation where you had to overcome a challenge   Answer Question