EMC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Leadership Development Program Interview

Marketing Leadership Development Program
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EMC in October 2013.

Interview Details – First round was just behavioral interview with a set of 5 to 6 questions. The interviewer was very conversational and they were basically looking for 'fit.' I have not received word on the 2nd round interview yet but will update when I can. I think it was beneficial for me to talk to others who had been in the program first. They provide good insight and can help you prepare for the interview as well as give you inside information that you can use to your advantage with your answers.

Interview Question – The most difficult question for me was the walk through of my resume because it was a lot of information that I wanted to give in a short period of time. I always have trouble being concise. Definitely have a good concise but powerful answer to this question. Also be prepared to share why technology is important to you or why you are passionate about the tech industry.   Answer Question

Systems Integration Interview

Systems Integration
Franklin, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at EMC in October 2012.

Interview Details – The interview questions were all "softcore" by most standards and only asked about my background, previous experience, etc. There were no unexpected questions, and they were all fairly easy and reasonable. The manager purposely tries to make you feel uncomfortable to try and catch you off guard. Don't let this get to you as the questions are not difficult.

Interview Question – Tell me about what you did at <XYZ> company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Franklin, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EMC in February 2013.

Interview Details – Third Party - Temp work to prove yourself.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for EMC   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Do your research; They are looking for those most interested in what they do.

Intern Interview

Intern
Hopkinton, MA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details – First round consisted of a 30 minute phone interview. The second round interview was held at their corporate headquarters. It consisted of 4, 45 minute interviews.

Interview Question – Typical behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Principal Software Engineer
Hopkinton, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EMC in July 2009.

Interview Details – Interview with 4 to 6 engineers, sometimes 2 at a time in a conference room. Depending on the position, it takes awhile to get a response from the company. This can be expected though, since they interview numerous candidates. Bring a list of questions to ask and show interest in the position.

Interview Question – Technical questions on the subject matter expected, and don't lie.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Takes a while if big company.

Very Difficult Interview

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager
Hopkinton, MA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at EMC in June 2010.

Interview Details – EMC has a robust hiring and interview process. EMC is very consistent in their approach, its dogged, difficult and time consuming. EMC doesn't tolerate bad hires, and hiring managers often have gut feeling about a candidate but will confer with team or peers on their decision. Get ready for gang interviewing... you can spend the whole day at EMC and then be asked to dinner... HR is complete and professional, expect to be inspected and your references will be called.

Interview Question – Tell me about your sales approach to a client who has stated that they don't like EMC...   View Answer

Senior Manager Product Interview

Senior Manager Product
Hopkinton, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EMC in February 2013.

Interview Details – Professional but very focused on image and ability to "fit-in" with team chemistry as opposed to be able to "do the job"

Interview Question – How do you feel working for James Donovan?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The position had no upward mobility and lacked the attention for success0

Healthcare AE Interview

Healthcare AE
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in March 2009.

Interview Details – Was approached by an EMC manager during a trade show. My previous HC experience made me attractive for a new vertical they were building. I interviewed with the local management team and then interviewed with middle management at the corporate headquarters in Boston. HR involvement was minimal. Very smooth hiring process with no game playing.

Interview Question – They wanted to know my feelings about their possible success in the healthcare industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Their estimate of current and potential business in my territory was way overstated. They offered a first year draw, which helped. But the first year was tough.

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II
Bedford, MA

I applied online and interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details – 1 round of technical phone interview and 3 hours of face to face interview with 3 people.

Interview Question – A Logical Puzzle   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very reasonable.

Intern Interview

Intern
Hopkinton, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC in June 2013.

Interview Details – Got an e-mail from a team leader about an open position. He came across my resume and got in touch with me. After the initial e-mail, he asked for a phone conversation, 4 days later we had a phone conversation and he invited me for on-site interview.

Interview Question – All questions were based on my resume. However I was asked about machine learning which was on my resume but not required for the job, that was quite unexpected, i fumbled upon a little bit but everything else was just fine. I was interviewed by the team leader, his 2 interns and a member of another team.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, the offer was really good.