EMC

Updated Feb 11, 2015

2.9

Principal Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EMC in June 2012.

Recruiter contacted me through LinkedIn. Had two phone interviews, one with recruiter and one with Hiring Mgr. EMC invited me onsite. In Hopkinton i was interviewed by 5-6 people, all of them Sr. Directors and one VP. It was an awesome experience, interviews went really well.

Logistics of my relocation to Hopkinton played a big factor in job offer denial. Overall positive experience.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at EMC in May 2012.

The Manager gave an introduction about the group, and its interaction with other organizations within EMC. Two more 1:1 interviews about 40 minutes each. Questions mostly on the components of a storage system, ways to evaluate the performance etc. After 1:1 interviews, a short session with the Manager again who pointed out the next phases. No word about the salary till this point.

Interview Questions
    I received a verbal offer from the HR, next day of the interview. I asked him to give me a couple of days to think over it. He was a bit reluctant but then agreed. Called me again after 2 days. I suggested he increase the base salary by 5%. He came back after an hour and agreed to it. Note that the negotiations are more likely to succeed for higher level positions compared to entry level ones. The base salary may vary from one group to another as well.

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC in May 2012.

Relatively simple, only met with 2 managers. There were no case studies, problem-solving questions etc. Felt like more of a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, just your typical STAR interview process inquiries.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Programs Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC in April 2012.

The interview process begins with an email from an EMC recruiter setting up a time and place for the interview with the hiring manager. My hiring process consisted of email, phone and in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Part of my interview included quickly researching types of memory were on the market and which type was utilized in an EMC product offering   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at EMC in April 2012.

1. LCS algorithm, find the longest sequence from string
    Eg: Find the longest sequence in String "abcdefaaaghijklaaamnopqrst" that comes after "aaa"
    2. Design Interview process
    3. JDBC connectivity
    4. foo(number) should give 1_2_number
    with highest performance and least memory usage
    5. Explain SAN
    why to use different server than just one in model (from MVC architecture)
    6. How/where to use restlet services for client server architecture
    how I can transfer data from one Host (client with one OS) to server (with some other OS)
    8. wht is wrong in : String s = null ;
    9. If System.exit () is use in one Java code and 2 programs are running on same JVM, what will happen
    10. Brain Teasers

Interview Questions
    • Brain Teaser:
      three lamps in the room and three switches outside the room and can go into room only once

Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EMC in April 2012.

A quick advice to potential college interns: DO NOT take the college career fair for granted. If you are really serious about working for this company, you should do the following. Show that you're interested by interviewing the HR rep on the spot, don't wait for them to ask you questions. Don't be surprised if HR asks for an in-depth example of your teamwork experience, this is a corporate environment and you need to show that you'll play well with others. Lastly, don't be so robotic in your answers. During the interview process you'll probably get a friendly interviewer and very serious interviewer (I still think they did that on purpose to see how well I could deal with people with different personalities). Relax, maintain your posture, and talk just as if you were talking to your professor. FYI, you'll most likely be interviewed in an open area around other people.

Interview Questions
    • what made you choose EMC?   View Answer
    • what makes you stand out from the crowd? (i think it was something similar to this).   View Answer
    Well their offer was competitive with others that i received, so there was no need to negotiate.

Director Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EMC in April 2012.

Met with 4 employees. Each one were at different levels. Questions ranged from technical to business. Not very hard questions but, they were thorough.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situatoin where you had to overcome adversity?   Answer Question
    I told them what I was looking for and we negotiated somewhere in the middle. very happy with the package

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC in March 2012.

My recruiter set up the interview and gave me the first names of the five people I would be speaking to. I did not have an avenue of communication with them prior to the interview day. I arrived and was met at the security desk by the person who was to be my second interviewer. The order of interviews had been changed. I alternated between speaking to each of the five people (two potential colleagues, one project lead, one team lead, one manager) and seeing different parts of the facility (office, break area, data center). Each of the interviewers asked me different questions about how my qualifications applied to their area of expertise. The first four people were very fun to talk to and seemed rather excited about the projects I would be coming in to work on. The final person, the department manager, was rather somber.

Interview Questions
    • You are aware this is a Quality Engineer position, yes?   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC in March 2012.

HR contacted me to come in. Had two rounds of interviews. No curveballs... asked quite a few questions about historical contributions.

Interview Questions
    • What do you dislike the most about consulting?   View Answer

Consultant Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC in March 2012.

There was not a "pre-defined" interview process or set of questions. I interviewed with several members of the team. They explained that they were looking to do and I pretty much explained my experience and how I would go about doing what they were looking to do.

Interview Questions
    This was a contract-to-hire position. The negotiation on the hourly rate was with the intermediary consulting company but I had a discussion on the desired full-time salary if the conversion to full-time happened. Four months later I got a full-time offer and the salary discussed during the initial hiring process was honored.