EMC

EMC Business Analyst Interview Questions

3.1

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC in December 2011.

It was efficient and inefficient at the same time. I had great references, resume, experience, and etc. She asked what my price was, and I did not know (and did not want to be the first to say a number). She got stinky and told me to call back when I knew more, but that a "hiring freeze" could happen anytime. Later I found out she called me something less then flattering. Maybe she got the vibe because I hadn't slept in 24 hrs.

I did not negotiate...

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EMC in March 2011.

It was standard. No tests or anything, jsut talking to managers. There were alot of people to interview with before you get an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC in September 2010.

I was originally contacted by a contracting company for a year-to-year contract. They contacted me via email and I was quickly brought on board to interview in person. The interview was your typical interview though in addition he asked me to whiteboard out a process. While challenging, I liked this step as it showed him how well he could brainstorm with me as a prospective Team Member.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked to whiteboard out a process was definitely unexpected, but it showed that the employer valued collaboration, which is something that I look for in a job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EMC in January 2009.

BAD !!.... the interview went good .... the manager never replied called him many times but no reply.....then found out that he was out of town and by the time he replied the position was put on freeze !

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EMC in October 2008.

Recruiting process began on my university campus and took 3+ months, 3 interviews.

NA

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EMC in May 2007.

The interview process began as a phone interview to ask questions about the job with a Senior Manager in the group. This then led to on-site interviews over 4 hours with 3 different members of the group. The interviews were a mixture of fit and quantitative analysis. There was then another day of another 4 interviews with mostly fit interviews and an interview with an HR rep. I was contacted a few days later to inform me that I was being offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Looking at the growth in certain sectors where would you take the company? The question was based on several graphs and metrics that were laid out for you.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EMC.

Several rounds of face-to-face interviews
    One phone interview
    Excel test

Interview Questions
    They upgraded my salary based on my previous one.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EMC.

Interviewed with 7 people over a two month period. I started to wonder if they were on the fence about me being a good fit as every time I inquired about the status they proposed a new person that they wanted me to speak with. While the people that I interviewed with were incredibly personable and friendly, I was dissappointed at the length of time it took to push me through the interview process and finally never heard any final decision response.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult at all. They are looking for good personality fit and proficiency in skill sets.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EMC in April 2012.

My first phone interview was with the recruiter. The interview with the recruiter went well and the recruiter set me up with an interview with the company. When I arrived for the interview with the company, I was told the manager who was supposed to interview me was on vacation but they had sent someone under the manager to interview me. I thought it was a little strange but okay. The actual interview seemed to go fine as I have several years experience in using the tools the company uses. I was told the process for them usually takes around 7 days to get everything completed and they wanted to get me back in to make sure I was a good fit. Everything seemed fine, and I was told they were going to going to contact the recruiter and setup a 2nd interview with the manager as soon as they returned from vacation. Three days later, I contacted the recruiter via phone and email to see how things were coming and find out if there was anything I could do. The recruiter told me that the manager had just got back from vacation and was evaluating the people which had been interviewed. Six days after the interview, I called and email the recruiter again to check in to see what was going on. The recruiter told me they were conducting the 2nd round of interviews and would get back to me for my 2nd interview with them. Nine days after the interview, I called the recruiter and was told they had gone with someone else. I was just left there scratching my head and received no feedback from the recruiter as to why I was told they were going to set me up with a 2nd interview and not do it (was I overqualified/ underqualified. some kind of feedback would have been nice to find out maybe what I need to work on).

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where a issue came to you which conflicted with company policy and how you would handle it.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ovens (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ovens (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at EMC in February 2012.

(This applies to Ireland). Be prepared for a long journey! Friendly and polite recruiters seem to be bogged down by some serious red tape. Entry/non-management jobs usually have one interview with the hiring manager (and sometimes a member of their staff, usually a person doing a job similar to what you are applying for) and another with Human Resources. From experience, the HR interview is the second one at appears to be to see if you are a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • Human Resources ask fairly standard questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Hiring Managers will usually be more technical/competence oriented (naturally). Some managers prepare proper questions, others that have interviewed me have more or less winged it.   Answer Question
    The company seems to have a fairly strict structure and there doesn't appear to be too much room for negotiation at lower levels in the corporate structure.