EMC Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at EMC (Worcester, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

I participate the career fair in Worcester Airport and handed in my resume to the recruiter.He gave me his Business card to contact him and email him my resume. Then I get the interview opportunity to take a phone interview with the recruiter. We make the schedule in the afternoon to take a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose to continue study in this master program?
    Tell me something about your project related to the position.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in December 2011.

Interview

It was efficient and inefficient at the same time. I had great references, resume, experience, and etc. She asked what my price was, and I did not know (and did not want to be the first to say a number). She got stinky and told me to call back when I knew more, but that a "hiring freeze" could happen anytime. Later I found out she called me something less then flattering. Maybe she got the vibe because I hadn't slept in 24 hrs.

Interview Questions

• What's your price?   3 Answers
    • Do you consider yourself lucky to have a job in this economy.   4 Answers

Negotiation

I did not negotiate...

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

It was standard. No tests or anything, jsut talking to managers. There were alot of people to interview with before you get an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in September 2010.

Interview

I was originally contacted by a contracting company for a year-to-year contract. They contacted me via email and I was quickly brought on board to interview in person. The interview was your typical interview though in addition he asked me to whiteboard out a process. While challenging, I liked this step as it showed him how well he could brainstorm with me as a prospective Team Member.

Interview Questions

• Being asked to whiteboard out a process was definitely unexpected, but it showed that the employer valued collaboration, which is something that I look for in a job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EMC (Boston, MA) in January 2009.

Interview

BAD !!.... the interview went good .... the manager never replied called him many times but no reply.....then found out that he was out of town and by the time he replied the position was put on freeze !

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in October 2008.

Interview

Recruiting process began on my university campus and took 3+ months, 3 interviews.

Negotiation

NA

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EMC in May 2007.

Interview

The interview process began as a phone interview to ask questions about the job with a Senior Manager in the group. This then led to on-site interviews over 4 hours with 3 different members of the group. The interviews were a mixture of fit and quantitative analysis. There was then another day of another 4 interviews with mostly fit interviews and an interview with an HR rep. I was contacted a few days later to inform me that I was being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Looking at the growth in certain sectors where would you take the company? The question was based on several graphs and metrics that were laid out for you.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EMC (Moscow (Russia)).

Interview

Several rounds of face-to-face interviews
    One phone interview
    Excel test

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They upgraded my salary based on my previous one.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EMC.

Interview

Interviewed with 7 people over a two month period. I started to wonder if they were on the fence about me being a good fit as every time I inquired about the status they proposed a new person that they wanted me to speak with. While the people that I interviewed with were incredibly personable and friendly, I was dissappointed at the length of time it took to push me through the interview process and finally never heard any final decision response.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult at all. They are looking for good personality fit and proficiency in skill sets.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EMC in April 2012.

Interview

My first phone interview was with the recruiter. The interview with the recruiter went well and the recruiter set me up with an interview with the company. When I arrived for the interview with the company, I was told the manager who was supposed to interview me was on vacation but they had sent someone under the manager to interview me. I thought it was a little strange but okay. The actual interview seemed to go fine as I have several years experience in using the tools the company uses. I was told the process for them usually takes around 7 days to get everything completed and they wanted to get me back in to make sure I was a good fit. Everything seemed fine, and I was told they were going to going to contact the recruiter and setup a 2nd interview with the manager as soon as they returned from vacation. Three days later, I contacted the recruiter via phone and email to see how things were coming and find out if there was anything I could do. The recruiter told me that the manager had just got back from vacation and was evaluating the people which had been interviewed. Six days after the interview, I called and email the recruiter again to check in to see what was going on. The recruiter told me they were conducting the 2nd round of interviews and would get back to me for my 2nd interview with them. Nine days after the interview, I called the recruiter and was told they had gone with someone else. I was just left there scratching my head and received no feedback from the recruiter as to why I was told they were going to set me up with a 2nd interview and not do it (was I overqualified/ underqualified. some kind of feedback would have been nice to find out maybe what I need to work on).

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where a issue came to you which conflicted with company policy and how you would handle it.   Answer Question