EMC

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hopkinton, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EMC in October 2008.

Interview Details – Recruiting process began on my university campus and took 3+ months, 3 interviews.

Negotiation Details – NA

Hopkinton, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at EMC in December 2011.

Interview Details – It was efficient and inefficient at the same time. I had great references, resume, experience, and etc. She asked what my price was, and I did not know (and did not want to be the first to say a number). She got stinky and told me to call back when I knew more, but that a "hiring freeze" could happen anytime. Later I found out she called me something less then flattering. Maybe she got the vibe because I hadn't slept in 24 hrs.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate...

Franklin, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EMC in March 2011.

Interview Details – It was standard. No tests or anything, jsut talking to managers. There were alot of people to interview with before you get an offer.

Boston, MA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in January 2009.

Interview Details – BAD !!.... the interview went good .... the manager never replied called him many times but no reply.....then found out that he was out of town and by the time he replied the position was put on freeze !

Interview Question – lot of time spent in explaining their product   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EMC in May 2007.

Interview Details – The interview process began as a phone interview to ask questions about the job with a Senior Manager in the group. This then led to on-site interviews over 4 hours with 3 different members of the group. The interviews were a mixture of fit and quantitative analysis. There was then another day of another 4 interviews with mostly fit interviews and an interview with an HR rep. I was contacted a few days later to inform me that I was being offered the position.

Interview Question – Looking at the growth in certain sectors where would you take the company? The question was based on several graphs and metrics that were laid out for you.   Answer Question

Moscow (Russia)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details – Several rounds of face-to-face interviews
One phone interview
Excel test

Interview Question – An unusual interview with not many formal questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They upgraded my salary based on my previous one.

Ovens (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EMC in February 2012.

Interview Details – (This applies to Ireland). Be prepared for a long journey! Friendly and polite recruiters seem to be bogged down by some serious red tape. Entry/non-management jobs usually have one interview with the hiring manager (and sometimes a member of their staff, usually a person doing a job similar to what you are applying for) and another with Human Resources. From experience, the HR interview is the second one at appears to be to see if you are a good fit.

Interview Question – Human Resources ask fairly standard questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Hiring Managers will usually be more technical/competence oriented (naturally). Some managers prepare proper questions, others that have interviewed me have more or less winged it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The company seems to have a fairly strict structure and there doesn't appear to be too much room for negotiation at lower levels in the corporate structure.

Business Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 7 people over a two month period. I started to wonder if they were on the fence about me being a good fit as every time I inquired about the status they proposed a new person that they wanted me to speak with. While the people that I interviewed with were incredibly personable and friendly, I was dissappointed at the length of time it took to push me through the interview process and finally never heard any final decision response.

Interview Question – Not difficult at all. They are looking for good personality fit and proficiency in skill sets.   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EMC in April 2012.

Interview Details – My first phone interview was with the recruiter. The interview with the recruiter went well and the recruiter set me up with an interview with the company. When I arrived for the interview with the company, I was told the manager who was supposed to interview me was on vacation but they had sent someone under the manager to interview me. I thought it was a little strange but okay. The actual interview seemed to go fine as I have several years experience in using the tools the company uses. I was told the process for them usually takes around 7 days to get everything completed and they wanted to get me back in to make sure I was a good fit. Everything seemed fine, and I was told they were going to going to contact the recruiter and setup a 2nd interview with the manager as soon as they returned from vacation. Three days later, I contacted the recruiter via phone and email to see how things were coming and find out if there was anything I could do. The recruiter told me that the manager had just got back from vacation and was evaluating the people which had been interviewed. Six days after the interview, I called and email the recruiter again to check in to see what was going on. The recruiter told me they were conducting the 2nd round of interviews and would get back to me for my 2nd interview with them. Nine days after the interview, I called the recruiter and was told they had gone with someone else. I was just left there scratching my head and received no feedback from the recruiter as to why I was told they were going to set me up with a 2nd interview and not do it (was I overqualified/ underqualified. some kind of feedback would have been nice to find out maybe what I need to work on).

Interview Question – Describe a situation where a issue came to you which conflicted with company policy and how you would handle it.   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in April 2010.

Interview Details – 4 Rounds of interviews from 2 levels of job offering managers, peers from various teams.

Interview Question – How much that you understanding the job offering ? Why you think that you can fit the job ?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at EMC

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!

EMC Videos

EMC – Why Work for Us?

A passion for learning, innovating and success EMC is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver information technology as a service (ITaaS). Fundamental to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EMC Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by EMC employees and interview candidates.