EMC

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hopkinton, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EMC in June 2013.

Interview Details – It was a long process from application to offer (about 3 months). Expect to have 4 phone interviews and 1 in-person interview with 3-4 people. Way to political... no one wants to make a decision without vetting it with a commitee.

Interview Question – Many managers at EMC are "Lifers" meaning they have been with the company for 15+ years and they look with skepticism on people who have worked for more than 2-3 companies in their career. It is most difficult to explain to them why you haven't been with the same employer for 10+ years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was able to negotiate a little for salary, stock and vacation time.

Business Development Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details – 4 months of interviews, about to be flown to Boston to finalize the position and it went dark.
The place is a lot like ESPN, in that they have an East Coast Bias. Expect to be treated poorly and you won't be disappointed. Some really good people but further up the food chain there is an obvious sales mentality. Guys in suits chasing their bonus instead of leading success. My customer comes first attitude did not sit well with leadership.

Interview Question – None really, I was over qualified.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Hopkinton, MA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at EMC in June 2010.

Interview Details – EMC has a robust hiring and interview process. EMC is very consistent in their approach, its dogged, difficult and time consuming. EMC doesn't tolerate bad hires, and hiring managers often have gut feeling about a candidate but will confer with team or peers on their decision. Get ready for gang interviewing... you can spend the whole day at EMC and then be asked to dinner... HR is complete and professional, expect to be inspected and your references will be called.

Interview Question – Tell me about your sales approach to a client who has stated that they don't like EMC...   View Answer

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!