EMC

EMC Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EMC.

Two interviews about an hour each. No structure. Focus on knowledge or industry and accounts. First call with recruiter, then the hiring manager and district manager. All very pleasant and personable. No questions on the technology or territory.

None. They gave me top dollar.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EMC.

In order: Short phone screen with talent acquisition specialist, short phone interview with division leader, programming test, in-person interview. The team leader of the Watch4net division seems to really care about his employees and likes to maintain a good working environment. Programming test performance, ability to fit in to the group, and bilingualism are probably the most important traits here.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EMC in February 2013.

First contact was was the recruiter: simple questions regarding my background, experience, availability, etc. Call only last 30min.

Second round (in person): Hiring manager, Sr. Technical Employees (2), Sr. Client Services Management, and a Program Manager. The interviews were one after the other and lasted about three hours total.

Third round was with Sr. Management and was only an hour long.

All standard interview questions. Less on the behavioural and more on past experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Which three characteristics best describe your personality.   Answer Question
    There was no flexibility in the offer, however, it was close to my target.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EMC in June 2010.

A recruiter found my resume online, and contacted me for a short phone interview. Then I had a 3-hr phone interview with 2 engineers and 2 managers. Then they flew me to their office, and another round of interviews with the same people.

Interview Questions
    • Questions mostly were related to data structures and linked lists. Some were about Linux commands and general database questions. Interviewers were helpful in providing clues as needed.   Answer Question