EMC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Burlington, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in June 2010.

Interview Details – A recruiter found my resume online, and contacted me for a short phone interview. Then I had a 3-hr phone interview with 2 engineers and 2 managers. Then they flew me to their office, and another round of interviews with the same people.

Interview Question – Questions mostly were related to data structures and linked lists. Some were about Linux commands and general database questions. Interviewers were helpful in providing clues as needed.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EMC in February 2013.

Interview Details – First contact was was the recruiter: simple questions regarding my background, experience, availability, etc. Call only last 30min.

Second round (in person): Hiring manager, Sr. Technical Employees (2), Sr. Client Services Management, and a Program Manager. The interviews were one after the other and lasted about three hours total.

Third round was with Sr. Management and was only an hour long.

All standard interview questions. Less on the behavioural and more on past experiences.

Interview Question – Which three characteristics best describe your personality.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no flexibility in the offer, however, it was close to my target.

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!