EMC Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with four engineers, all in a single day. Was pretty straightforward. They did not give me a coding problem to solve. They all asked about my background and had me describe various projects that I worked on. They also described the work environment and culture. There was very little problem solving, even at a design / conceptual level.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years? How well do you work in a team environment? Give two examples, one positive and one negative.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC (Bedford, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

HR contacted me to come in. Had two rounds of interviews. No curveballs... asked quite a few questions about historical contributions.

Interview Questions

• What do you dislike the most about consulting?   1 Answer

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EMC (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and had an initial phone screen with them. This led to a phone interview with the internal recruiter. This was followed by two separate in-person interviews. I was extended an offer fairly quickly, however it was contingent on the drug screening and background check. The background checks were outsourced and since two of the companies I had worked for were no longer in business (one went out of business, one was acquired) getting some of the info took a long time. Since I would not give notice until successful completion, this extended the process. The other issue is that all references provided must be direct managers. No other type of reference is acceptable.

Interview Questions

• What would be your 30, day, 60 day, 90 day and 6 month plan.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The company has a lousy vacation policy (for experienced hires who are used to more) and this is non-negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Burleson, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC (Burleson, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview consisted of a personal interview followed by a brief extemporaneous presentation. The process was very well managed and the staff are extremely professional. I would recommend this company and its products because of the excellent service and great product line they offer. The application process and interview took about two weeks to complete.

Interview Questions

• How do you see the current trends affecting the company's market share in the near and distant future?   Answer Question
    • What suggestions would you have for the Company to develop new markets for their products?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at EMC (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in August 2012.

Interview

Many phone interviews with oversea managers and engineers

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected for a technical position. You gotta know your stuff   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nieuwegein (Netherlands)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC (Nieuwegein (Netherlands)) in May 2012.

Interview

Geinterviewd door 4 verschillende mensen, van het EMEA team Een project/programmamanager en de lijnmanager van Nederland En 2 EMEA levelmanagers Ook wat testen inbegrepen voor IQ, persoonlijkheid etc

Interviewed by 4 different people, from the EMEA team. A Project/program Manager and the line manager from the Netherlands. And 2 EMEA level managers. Also some test where involved for IQ, personality etc

Interview Questions

• wat technische vragen over Cloud, infrastructuur etc.   some technical questions about Cloud, infrastructure etc.   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EMC (London, England (UK)) in November 2011.

Interview

Hour long telephone interview with a person doing the role, followed by two three hour interviews. Found out two weeks later that their preference was for an internal candidate, despite the fact that they approached me asking was I interested in interviewing for the role! which was also advertised on the web and the EMC web site. All told they don't seem that organised, the people i was talking to seemed to reach decisions by committee.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EMC in May 2010.

Interview

Multiple 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult situation in your current position?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Steinbach (Taunus) (Germany)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC (Steinbach (Taunus) (Germany)) in April 2010.

Interview

Es stellte sich heraus, dass die Job-Annonce nur ungefähr 30% von dem beinhaltete, was der Einstellungsmanager vom Bewerber erwartete. Der Manager hatte auch mehr Erfahrung vom Kandidaten erwartet sowie, dass eigene Consultingtools und -Präsentationen mitgebracht werden sollten, um es dem Unternehmen zu ersparen, seine eigenen erstellen zu müssen, ohne zu verstehen, dass ein Kandidat nicht über sehr viel Insiderwissen über die Produkte und Dienstleistungen, die angeboten werden sollten, haben konnte. Die Erwartungen waren unrealistisch und unangebracht.

It turned out that the job announcement was only about 30% of what the hiring manager expected of the candidate. The manager also had expected more experience form the candidate to bring consulting tools and presentations with them to avoid the company from having to build their own withpout realizing that a candidate would not have inside information to the products and services they intended to offer. The expectations were unrealistic and mis-placed.

Interview Questions

• Welche Geschäftsstrategie würden Sie dem Kunden vorstellen?   What business strategy would you present to the customer?   1 Answer
    • Welche Präsentation einer Rentabilitätsrechnung (ROI) würden Sie dem Kunden vorstellen?   What return on investment (ROI) presentation would you present to the cusotmer?   1 Answer