EMC

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bedford, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC in March 2012.

Interview Details – HR contacted me to come in. Had two rounds of interviews. No curveballs... asked quite a few questions about historical contributions.

Interview Question – What do you dislike the most about consulting?   View Answer

Consulting Interview

Consulting
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EMC in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter and had an initial phone screen with them. This led to a phone interview with the internal recruiter. This was followed by two separate in-person interviews. I was extended an offer fairly quickly, however it was contingent on the drug screening and background check. The background checks were outsourced and since two of the companies I had worked for were no longer in business (one went out of business, one was acquired) getting some of the info took a long time. Since I would not give notice until successful completion, this extended the process. The other issue is that all references provided must be direct managers. No other type of reference is acceptable.

Interview Question – What would be your 30, day, 60 day, 90 day and 6 month plan.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The company has a lousy vacation policy (for experienced hires who are used to more) and this is non-negotiable.

Burleson, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of a personal interview followed by a brief extemporaneous presentation. The process was very well managed and the staff are extremely professional. I would recommend this company and its products because of the excellent service and great product line they offer. The application process and interview took about two weeks to complete.

Interview Questions

• How do you see the current trends affecting the company's market share in the near and distant future?   Answer Question
  • What suggestions would you have for the Company to develop new markets for their products?   Answer Question

Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in August 2012.

Interview Details – Many phone interviews with oversea managers and engineers

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected for a technical position. You gotta know your stuff   Answer Question

Consultant
Steinbach am Taunus (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC in April 2010.

Interview Details – It turned out that the job announcement was only about 30% of what the hiring manager expected of the candidate. The manager also had expected more experience form the candidate to bring consulting tools and presentations with them to avoid the company from having to build their own withpout realizing that a candidate would not have inside information to the products and services they intended to offer. The expectations were unrealistic and mis-placed.

Interview Questions

• What business strategy would you present to the customer?   View Answer
  • What return on investment (ROI) presentation would you present to the cusotmer?   View Answer

Consulting Interview

Consulting
London, England (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EMC in November 2011.

Interview Details – Hour long telephone interview with a person doing the role, followed by two three hour interviews. Found out two weeks later that their preference was for an internal candidate, despite the fact that they approached me asking was I interested in interviewing for the role! which was also advertised on the web and the EMC web site. All told they don't seem that organised, the people i was talking to seemed to reach decisions by committee.

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at EMC in May 2010.

Interview Details – Multiple 1:1 interviews.

Interview Question – What was your most difficult situation in your current position?   View Answer

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!