EMC Consulting

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at EMC Consulting in August 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter called me and explained the requirement. Had 3 phone interviews with Technology directors and in person discussions with team i was "supposed" to join in. Whole process took 2 months to complete especially because of the slow response from their side. I had to sent 10 emails and phone calls atleast to proceed to next step. Ultimately everything went fine and then the waiting begins.. No response for 1.5 weeks and ultimately recruiter called me only to say that because of "strategy changes", they are not able to forward an offer. I was sad but glad it is finally over.

Interview Questions

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at EMC Consulting in May 2010.

Interview Details – May 2010 I got an email from a recruiter that wanted to speak with about a opportunity at EMC.
Spoke with the recruiter the same day in the morning for 10min, letting them know to submit me for Solutions Architect opportunity. Then 20min later got a call from an EMC (rep) and schedule a technical phone interview for the following day. the next day EMC tried their best to grilled me on exchange 2003/2007/2010 for 2 hours but after the interview I felt confident I did well.
The following morning the same EMC rep contact me again to schedule a second around technical interview which was a week later. I was interviewed by a in-house Senior EMC exchange architect. and was grilled on exchange design, deployment, troubleshoot, migrations, and best practice approach scenarios. I did well on everything expect for his exchange 5.5 migration questions. the following day once again I got a call from the EMC rep and was told I did great on both technical screening and and will do a presentation on for the final interview in front of a panel. She emailed me a scenario and told me she will contact me to schedule the final interview date. I started my proposal presentation and finish it in 3 hours. A week goes by No call back. I try to contact the emc rep for 2 weeks and also had the recruiter to contact her as well. I finally got in contact with her and was told the presentation interview are for direct hire and I applied for a contract position which only requires to technical screening. next she congratulated me and said that they are placing me on a project in NYC next week to start. the following week no calls from the EMC rep. After tracking her down same Bull crap she gave me "we have projects where placing you on one this week". After 4 weeks I am still waiting to be place on a project and now we are in July 2010.

My colleagues and peers consider me a exchange expert, and I have the track record to prove it.

If you consider yourself an expert in your field dont allow EMC to waste your time like I did!

Interview Question – EMC interviews are very technical be prepared!   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC Consulting in January 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process initially consisted of a phone interview with a field employee. This took about 30 mihutes and went very well. The second portion of the interview process consisted of a face to face interview with a director level and followed by an interview with the direct hiring manager. Feedback from these interviews were passed back to the internal recruiter who extended an initial verbal offer.

Interview Questions

• Several scenario based questions concerning Microsoft technologies were given as well as customer service type scenarios.   Answer Question
  • Several questions concerning the ability to work in a team environment. How to handle employees that did not want to perform. How to handle employees that like to "take the credit" for other people's work.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at EMC Consulting

Worked for EMC Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EMC Consulting Solutions Architect interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by EMC Consulting employees and interview candidates.