EMC

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in June 2011.

Interview Details – I had 3 interviews, 2 with the hiring manager, and an informal interview with the team I was going to be working with. Focus of the interview was on Customer service and problem solving. Remember, solving a problem does not have to be complex.

Interview Question – What would be my legacy. Some people do not even have a 5 year plan talk more of legacy. Have a 5, 10, 18, 25, retirement and legacy plan.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes but don't get stuck on the base pay because you get tuition reimbursement and mileage reimbursement.

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EMC in May 2009.

Interview Details – Did a phone interview with the recruiter, simple questions mostly about my background. Face to face interview was with hiring manager, mostly asked non-technical customer service type questions.

Interview Question – Tell me something about yourself that wouldn't show up on the resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating at all, recruiter gave a one and final offer.

Customer Service Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews and a onsite interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Very basic interview questions and some technical ones.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at EMC

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!

EMC Videos

EMC – Why Work for Us?

A passion for learning, innovating and success EMC is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver information technology as a service (ITaaS). Fundamental to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EMC Customer Service Engineer interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by EMC employees and interview candidates.