EMC Engineering Interview Questions

3.2

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC (Nashua, NH) in January 2010.

Interview

hr round, technical round, personal round

less pay

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in December 2009.

Interview

The interview went well. No generic interview questions. Easy going interview.
    Interview was left open ended with no mention of when I would hear back.
    They asked me my salary requirements, I asked what the position generally pays and I was looked at strangely.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EMC in March 2012.

Interview

I met 5 people in total, most asked technical questions and some open questions as to how to solve a business problem. Overall, the whole team is a knowledgeable, fun, and friendly group of people.
    My first impression is that all people in the company seem very busy. The operation of the company seems a bit messy.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at EMC in March 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by personal on site interviews. Tests and questions about my resume.

Interview Questions

• Find cycles in a singly linked list, using minimal storage.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC (Bangalore (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview was part of the campus recruitment process. The interview process consisted of 3 rounds, out of which 2 of them were Technical and 1 HR. The first round was a long one and questions consisted of everything of Computer Science covering many concepts in Data Structures, Data Bases, Operating Systems and Computer Networks. Second round was more on Operating Systems and C programming

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC in March 2011.

Interview

Recruiter provided phonescreen and said I'd be moving on to next steps. Haven't heard anything in weeks.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EMC in March 2011.

Interview

1. Interviewed with 1st level managers
    2. Interviewed with Senior level manager
    3. Skill Test

Interview Questions

• Are you strong wnough to work long hours?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Stuffing agency did everything for me

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC in December 2009.

Interview

Besides one person of the interview team, it was great. There was a good two-way flow of information until the bad apple brought the communication to a halt. Unfortunately, this terse person was the hiring manager. Probably not good to work for anyhow.

Interview Questions

• Well, do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at EMC (Bangalore (India)) in February 2009.

Interview

The manager from the US on the phone seemed like she was talking technologies that are in the 1990s. It also looked like the company is giving only piece work - just updates, no new products - to the Bangalore centre. The local manager was himself new and didn't know much of the organization. He was more bent on talking about his own previous accomplishments.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EMC in August 2008.

Interview

Very technical oriented. Analytics. Hands-on questions. Programming skill questions, communication and personality questions.
    Bsic and fundemantals of the work, back ground check questions. HR process