EMC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Nashua, NH

The process took a day - interviewed at EMC in January 2010.

Interview Details – hr round, technical round, personal round

Reason for Declining – less pay

Hopkinton, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in December 2009.

Interview Details – The interview went well. No generic interview questions. Easy going interview.
Interview was left open ended with no mention of when I would hear back.
They asked me my salary requirements, I asked what the position generally pays and I was looked at strangely.

Very Difficult Interview

Engineering

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EMC in August 2008.

Interview Details – Very technical oriented. Analytics. Hands-on questions. Programming skill questions, communication and personality questions.
Bsic and fundemantals of the work, back ground check questions. HR process

Interview Question – Link list puzzles   Answer Question

Engineering

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EMC in March 2012.

Interview Details – I met 5 people in total, most asked technical questions and some open questions as to how to solve a business problem. Overall, the whole team is a knowledgeable, fun, and friendly group of people.
My first impression is that all people in the company seem very busy. The operation of the company seems a bit messy.

Interview Question – Describe one of your project   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at EMC in March 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview, followed by personal on site interviews. Tests and questions about my resume.

Interview Question – Find cycles in a singly linked list, using minimal storage.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EMC in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was part of the campus recruitment process. The interview process consisted of 3 rounds, out of which 2 of them were Technical and 1 HR. The first round was a long one and questions consisted of everything of Computer Science covering many concepts in Data Structures, Data Bases, Operating Systems and Computer Networks. Second round was more on Operating Systems and C programming

Engineering

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EMC in March 2011.

Interview Details – 1. Interviewed with 1st level managers
2. Interviewed with Senior level manager
3. Skill Test

Interview Question – Are you strong wnough to work long hours?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Stuffing agency did everything for me

Engineering

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at EMC in March 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter provided phonescreen and said I'd be moving on to next steps. Haven't heard anything in weeks.

Interview Question – Why join this company?   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at EMC in July 2008.

Interview Details – Easy and relaxed. No hard technique questions. People are friendly. Work is great.

Engineering

The process took a day - interviewed at EMC in December 2009.

Interview Details – Besides one person of the interview team, it was great. There was a good two-way flow of information until the bad apple brought the communication to a halt. Unfortunately, this terse person was the hiring manager. Probably not good to work for anyhow.

Interview Question – Well, do you have any questions for me?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at EMC

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!

EMC Videos

EMC – Why Work for Us?

A passion for learning, innovating and success EMC is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver information technology as a service (ITaaS). Fundamental to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EMC Engineering interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by EMC employees and interview candidates.