EMC Interview Questions in Franklin, MA

Updated Aug 4, 2015

2.7

Temp Shipper Final Assembly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

This was through Manpower, seasonal, filled out all the forms on line etc. Went in to meet with shift boss. Was asked one question. 'Had I ever been in the building before?' After that no more questions. No getting back to me by Manpower. No feed back. Nothing. Ok I'm over fifty. I worked in a cabinet shop I can lift stuff all day long, What gives?

Interview Questions

• If there is No question it s a hard one to answer.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screen. Then onsite 1 on 1 interview. Then I was then brought in for a group interviewing process throughout the day. The day consisted of background on their sales development program, projected career growth, as well as one on one and panel interviews all consisting of behavioral based questions, as well as a role play session with one of the managers imitating a cold call. Honestly, I was ultimately disappointed in the company and their selection process. I was told I did not get an offer which is fine, but their reason was that I did not have enough sales experience.....for their development program? I went into the interview with more experience than many of the other candidates and was just disappointed that they could not offer real feedback after such a long process.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in August 2014.

Interview

I had an interview with a recruiter from Judge Group. She then set up my EMC interview. I had one interview at EMC and was hired 2 hours later. I have heard from my co-workers that the typical interview process involves interviewing with 2-3 different people.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

Third Party - Temp work to prove yourself.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for EMC   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do your research; They are looking for those most interested in what they do.

Systems Integration Engineer, Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

The setup was in a presentation room and involved everyone from the group, the manager, the team leader, the engineers and the current coop students. The method used was rotational interviews. According to the numbers of interviewees they were split up and spread out in the room such that every group was interviewing one candidate at a time. Starting from a random table in the room, each candidate had about 7-8 minutes to interview with each group. The total procedure was about two hours long, as each candidate had to interview with every group. Free pizza and soda was served before the interview process.

Interview Questions

• The questions were generally targeted to personality rather than technical mastery, but this might be since it was a coop position. "Tell us about a project you have worked on" and "Why I should hire you?" were used and should be expected.   Answer Question

Systems Integration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview questions were all "softcore" by most standards and only asked about my background, previous experience, etc. There were no unexpected questions, and they were all fairly easy and reasonable. The manager purposely tries to make you feel uncomfortable to try and catch you off guard. Don't let this get to you as the questions are not difficult.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

EMC interview process consisted of an initial phone interview with a recruiter in Franklin. He was very friendly, it was mostly behavioural questions to get a sense of your personality. THe next was a one on one interview in the EMC office in my location. This interview was more in depth, but still mostly behavioural questions to get a sense of my character, and to figure out how I would fit in. Then there was a second phone interview with the recruiter again in Franklin. This one was pretty short, as they had already talked to me quite a bit.

Install Base Group Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in July 2011.

Interview

First I was taken into the interview room and asked a couple of questions about past job experience & why I wanted to pursue a career with EMC. The rest of the time I was provided wtih information on specifics that the group performs. Within that 30 minute interview and minimal time of me talking, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for EMC?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview was very fast, as I met with 2 HR recruiters for 10 minutes each. They asked me simple questions about why I was qualified for the position, as well as why they should hire me over someone with a sales degree. They told me they were interviewing about 4000 candidates, hence the feeling of being rushed through the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over a student with a sales degree?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

Multiple interviews. First round was like speed dating with 9 different managers or employees. Second round was onsite with 2 or 3 of my potential managers. The process was not overly stressful, but if you don't really want the job the interviewer will know and you won't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you too smart for this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. The sales associate phase is short term and the real money with a promotion to an inside sales rep.