EMC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Integration Interview

Systems Integration
Franklin, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at EMC in October 2012.

Interview Details – The interview questions were all "softcore" by most standards and only asked about my background, previous experience, etc. There were no unexpected questions, and they were all fairly easy and reasonable. The manager purposely tries to make you feel uncomfortable to try and catch you off guard. Don't let this get to you as the questions are not difficult.

Interview Question – Tell me about what you did at <XYZ> company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Franklin, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EMC in February 2013.

Interview Details – Third Party - Temp work to prove yourself.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for EMC   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Do your research; They are looking for those most interested in what they do.

Systems Integration Engineer, Coop Interview

Systems Integration Engineer, Coop
Franklin, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EMC in November 2012.

Interview Details – The setup was in a presentation room and involved everyone from the group, the manager, the team leader, the engineers and the current coop students. The method used was rotational interviews.

According to the numbers of interviewees they were split up and spread out in the room such that every group was interviewing one candidate at a time. Starting from a random table in the room, each candidate had about 7-8 minutes to interview with each group.

The total procedure was about two hours long, as each candidate had to interview with every group. Free pizza and soda was served before the interview process.

Interview Question – The questions were generally targeted to personality rather than technical mastery, but this might be since it was a coop position. "Tell us about a project you have worked on" and "Why I should hire you?" were used and should be expected.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Franklin, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EMC in April 2011.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews. First round was like speed dating with 9 different managers or employees. Second round was onsite with 2 or 3 of my potential managers. The process was not overly stressful, but if you don't really want the job the interviewer will know and you won't get the job.

Interview Question – Are you too smart for this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation. The sales associate phase is short term and the real money with a promotion to an inside sales rep.

Franklin, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EMC in March 2012.

Interview Details – EMC interview process consisted of an initial phone interview with a recruiter in Franklin. He was very friendly, it was mostly behavioural questions to get a sense of your personality. THe next was a one on one interview in the EMC office in my location. This interview was more in depth, but still mostly behavioural questions to get a sense of my character, and to figure out how I would fit in. Then there was a second phone interview with the recruiter again in Franklin. This one was pretty short, as they had already talked to me quite a bit.

Interview Question – why do you want to get into sales   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Franklin, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EMC in March 2011.

Interview Details – It was standard. No tests or anything, jsut talking to managers. There were alot of people to interview with before you get an offer.

Very Easy Interview

Franklin, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EMC in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was very fast, as I met with 2 HR recruiters for 10 minutes each. They asked me simple questions about why I was qualified for the position, as well as why they should hire me over someone with a sales degree. They told me they were interviewing about 4000 candidates, hence the feeling of being rushed through the whole process.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you over a student with a sales degree?   Answer Question

Franklin, MA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EMC in February 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview. If they like you, they'll fly you out to their location for a one on one at their expense. One on one was fairly easy. Make sure you know the company and what they do. You meet with a variety of different managers. If you move from manager to manager fairly quickly, you know you are doing well and they want to get you in front of as many people as possible to get a good look. Make sure you close them and share why you are excited about the opportunity. Prepare. Understand the company and it's technology.

Negotiation Details – Set compensation structure. May give money for relocation.

Franklin, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EMC in October 2009.

Interview Details – Interviews went well. Felt comfortable with most interviewers. Fluid conversations. Tested my wish to purse sales, work at EMC, and knowledge of EMC.

One interviewer was cold, and uncomfortable; however, they did believe I'd be a good fit for the training program.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Asked about my background, why i wanted to do sales, why EMC, strengths and weakness'.   View Answer

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!