EMC

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hardware Engineering Interview

Hardware Engineering

I applied through college or university and interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details – Best wayt o get in is to start as coop

Negotiation Details – I wasn't smart enough to negotiate

Hardware Engineer Interview

Hardware Engineer
Hopkinton, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EMC in May 2012.

Interview Details – The Manager gave an introduction about the group, and its interaction with other organizations within EMC. Two more 1:1 interviews about 40 minutes each. Questions mostly on the components of a storage system, ways to evaluate the performance etc. After 1:1 interviews, a short session with the Manager again who pointed out the next phases. No word about the salary till this point.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I received a verbal offer from the HR, next day of the interview. I asked him to give me a couple of days to think over it. He was a bit reluctant but then agreed. Called me again after 2 days. I suggested he increase the base salary by 5%. He came back after an hour and agreed to it. Note that the negotiations are more likely to succeed for higher level positions compared to entry level ones. The base salary may vary from one group to another as well.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Hardware Engineer

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in August 2009.

Interview Details – multiple rounds of interview. good thing is no one interviewer can easily kill one candidate. simple technical question, especially compared with paper test. suggest to increase the test strength on the personality such as adding character test.

Interview Question – what's the biggest miss in your design work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – HR is good negociator. I should not accept the offer w/o much negociation.

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!