EMC Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

Hardware Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Best wayt o get in is to start as coop

Negotiation

I wasn't smart enough to negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

The Manager gave an introduction about the group, and its interaction with other organizations within EMC. Two more 1:1 interviews about 40 minutes each. Questions mostly on the components of a storage system, ways to evaluate the performance etc. After 1:1 interviews, a short session with the Manager again who pointed out the next phases. No word about the salary till this point.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I received a verbal offer from the HR, next day of the interview. I asked him to give me a couple of days to think over it. He was a bit reluctant but then agreed. Called me again after 2 days. I suggested he increase the base salary by 5%. He came back after an hour and agreed to it. Note that the negotiations are more likely to succeed for higher level positions compared to entry level ones. The base salary may vary from one group to another as well.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EMC in August 2009.

Interview

multiple rounds of interview. good thing is no one interviewer can easily kill one candidate. simple technical question, especially compared with paper test. suggest to increase the test strength on the personality such as adding character test.

Interview Questions

• what's the biggest miss in your design work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

HR is good negociator. I should not accept the offer w/o much negociation.