EMC Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EMC (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

The first round was phone interview. Team lead called me, there are some behavior questions and simple technical questions. Phone interview takes about an hour. Then the second round was on-site interview. Three groups of people interviewed me. Most of them asked technical questions, including algorithm, testing and some SQL. Overall was not hard.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EMC.

Interview

It is a very smooth interview process. The hr is very professional. I applied through school and got the first interviw 3 weeks after that. Then two interviews follow. I think being yourself is very important.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EMC.

Interview

spoke to someone in a career fair and a couple of weeks later got an email to schedule an interview they were very flexible on me having to reschedule due to being sick

Interview Questions

• asked to switch the values in two variables without creating a third variable   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at EMC (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Met an employee at a showcase, had my resume forwarded to his manager. The interview process was with 3 team leads and the head QA manager. Each 30 min interview just drilled down my resume and only one technical question because we ran out of things to talk about. It seemed like as long as you can get one team lead to like you then you'd get the go ahead. All interns also start in QA apparently.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at EMC.

Interview

The questions were easy. They asked what you put in the resume. Make sure you could answer what you have in the resume. The challenge was the question asked by the leader of the group. He asked non-technical question to see how you handle the situation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA).

Interview

First round consisted of a 30 minute phone interview. The second round interview was held at their corporate headquarters. It consisted of 4, 45 minute interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

Got an e-mail from a team leader about an open position. He came across my resume and got in touch with me. After the initial e-mail, he asked for a phone conversation, 4 days later we had a phone conversation and he invited me for on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• All questions were based on my resume. However I was asked about machine learning which was on my resume but not required for the job, that was quite unexpected, i fumbled upon a little bit but everything else was just fine. I was interviewed by the team leader, his 2 interns and a member of another team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, the offer was really good.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at EMC.

Interview

Got a phone call. Went to the site.

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EMC (Providence, RI) in October 2012.

Interview

Submitted my resume through my school. First round interview just consisted of them going through my resume and asking behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you led a group that didn't work out.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

The HR from the company had contacted me whether I would be available for a telephone interview the very next day for the internship position related to Mainframe (z/OS). I acknowledged them and they did give me a call at the right time. In fact I had the interview with the manager of co-op position. It was very basic interview with usual questions and little bit of technical jargons related to the job. The whole process was about 30-40 minutes. At the end they had asked whether I had any questions for them. In the end they said they will get back to me as quickly as possible, in fact got my results in the 30 minutes after the interview. The same HR person had called and she did mention about the offer and application process.. Very quick process, really genuine people, really satisfied and happy unlike the others (they take forever to get back to you). Can't wait to get started , in fact they said they will pay for my relocation too, from New York to Hopkinton :)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A