EMC Intern Interview Questions

2.6

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC.

Met an employee at a showcase, had my resume forwarded to his manager. The interview process was with 3 team leads and the head QA manager. Each 30 min interview just drilled down my resume and only one technical question because we ran out of things to talk about. It seemed like as long as you can get one team lead to like you then you'd get the go ahead. All interns also start in QA apparently.

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EMC.

The questions were easy. They asked what you put in the resume. Make sure you could answer what you have in the resume.

The challenge was the question asked by the leader of the group. He asked non-technical question to see how you handle the situation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at EMC.

First round consisted of a 30 minute phone interview. The second round interview was held at their corporate headquarters. It consisted of 4, 45 minute interviews.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC in June 2013.

Got an e-mail from a team leader about an open position. He came across my resume and got in touch with me. After the initial e-mail, he asked for a phone conversation, 4 days later we had a phone conversation and he invited me for on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were based on my resume. However I was asked about machine learning which was on my resume but not required for the job, that was quite unexpected, i fumbled upon a little bit but everything else was just fine. I was interviewed by the team leader, his 2 interns and a member of another team.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, the offer was really good.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at EMC.

Got a phone call. Went to the site.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EMC in October 2012.

Submitted my resume through my school. First round interview just consisted of them going through my resume and asking behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you led a group that didn't work out.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at EMC in January 2012.

The HR from the company had contacted me whether I would be available for a telephone interview the very next day for the internship position related to Mainframe (z/OS). I acknowledged them and they did give me a call at the right time. In fact I had the interview with the manager of co-op position. It was very basic interview with usual questions and little bit of technical jargons related to the job. The whole process was about 30-40 minutes. At the end they had asked whether I had any questions for them. In the end they said they will get back to me as quickly as possible, in fact got my results in the 30 minutes after the interview. The same HR person had called and she did mention about the offer and application process.. Very quick process, really genuine people, really satisfied and happy unlike the others (they take forever to get back to you). Can't wait to get started , in fact they said they will pay for my relocation too, from New York to Hopkinton :)

N/A

Intern Interview

I am the student of National Institute of Technology Karanataka ,Surathkal.I applied for major project in EMC Bangalore through some link from friend.After some days ,my resume got shortlisted and was asked to visit company for further rounds such as written and interviews.
    In written ,general questions were asked and interview ,puzzles and technical questions were asked.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

first round: phone-screening (20 minutes)
    second round:
    15 min presentation about your education background, experience and why EMC?
    Q&A (problem solving, questions regarding your CV)

Interview Questions
    • Not really, people there are nice to talk with.
      Questions are relatively easy to answer if you have enough practical experience to answer.
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC.

written test followed by face to face interview. they needed interns for testing.. so they asked about various test case generations and some questions related to oops..

Interview Questions
    • generate testcases for a smart phone if it has to be sold tomorrow..   Answer Question