EMC

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details – Met an employee at a showcase, had my resume forwarded to his manager. The interview process was with 3 team leads and the head QA manager. Each 30 min interview just drilled down my resume and only one technical question because we ran out of things to talk about. It seemed like as long as you can get one team lead to like you then you'd get the go ahead. All interns also start in QA apparently.

Interview Question – Swap the elements of an array in place   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details – The questions were easy. They asked what you put in the resume. Make sure you could answer what you have in the resume.

The challenge was the question asked by the leader of the group. He asked non-technical question to see how you handle the situation.

Hopkinton, MA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details – First round consisted of a 30 minute phone interview. The second round interview was held at their corporate headquarters. It consisted of 4, 45 minute interviews.

Interview Question – Typical behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hopkinton, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC in June 2013.

Interview Details – Got an e-mail from a team leader about an open position. He came across my resume and got in touch with me. After the initial e-mail, he asked for a phone conversation, 4 days later we had a phone conversation and he invited me for on-site interview.

Interview Question – All questions were based on my resume. However I was asked about machine learning which was on my resume but not required for the job, that was quite unexpected, i fumbled upon a little bit but everything else was just fine. I was interviewed by the team leader, his 2 interns and a member of another team.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, the offer was really good.

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details – Got a phone call. Went to the site.

Interview Question – What do you want to do on the job?   Answer Question

Providence, RI

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in October 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume through my school. First round interview just consisted of them going through my resume and asking behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Name a time when you led a group that didn't work out.   Answer Question

Hopkinton, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at EMC in January 2012.

Interview Details – The HR from the company had contacted me whether I would be available for a telephone interview the very next day for the internship position related to Mainframe (z/OS). I acknowledged them and they did give me a call at the right time. In fact I had the interview with the manager of co-op position. It was very basic interview with usual questions and little bit of technical jargons related to the job. The whole process was about 30-40 minutes. At the end they had asked whether I had any questions for them. In the end they said they will get back to me as quickly as possible, in fact got my results in the 30 minutes after the interview. The same HR person had called and she did mention about the offer and application process.. Very quick process, really genuine people, really satisfied and happy unlike the others (they take forever to get back to you). Can't wait to get started , in fact they said they will pay for my relocation too, from New York to Hopkinton :)

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – N/A

Bangalore (India)

I interviewed at EMC in July 2013.

Interview Details – Interview round is very straight forward.they check your basic knowledge specially C/C++. they also ask some puzzles.so prepared well to face challenging puzzle problems.

Interview Question – why should i hire you..prepared well for this.   Answer Question

Interviewed at EMC

Interview Details – I am the student of National Institute of Technology Karanataka ,Surathkal.I applied for major project in EMC Bangalore through some link from friend.After some days ,my resume got shortlisted and was asked to visit company for further rounds such as written and interviews.
In written ,general questions were asked and interview ,puzzles and technical questions were asked.

Interview Question – Tree Related problem.   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

Interviewed at EMC

Interview Details – first round: phone-screening (20 minutes)
second round:
15 min presentation about your education background, experience and why EMC?
Q&A (problem solving, questions regarding your CV)

Interview Question – Not really, people there are nice to talk with.
Questions are relatively easy to answer if you have enough practical experience to answer.
  Answer Question

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!