EMC Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015
Updated Mar 22, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EMC.

Interview

There were two different interviews with the second round being speed-dating style on site, and the first being a 1:1 interview on campus. Mainly just behavioral questions and questions on resume. Nothing too tricky. The interviews were very conversational and not as structured as usual, which was a breath of fresh air.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EMC.

Interview

spoke to someone in a career fair and a couple of weeks later got an email to schedule an interview
    they were very flexible on me having to reschedule due to being sick

Interview Questions

• asked to switch the values in two variables without creating a third variable   3 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EMC.

Interview

I applied through school career link and got the first interview two weeks later. The interview is more like a behavior one and goes very smoothly. Then I was told two days later for a second interview with the people in the group. It is also a behavior question and lasted for 30 minutes. I got the final interview one week later and then got the offer. The whole process is very smooth and the hr is very professional.

All of these interviews are conducted by phone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experiences working in a team.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Met an employee at a showcase, had my resume forwarded to his manager. The interview process was with 3 team leads and the head QA manager. Each 30 min interview just drilled down my resume and only one technical question because we ran out of things to talk about. It seemed like as long as you can get one team lead to like you then you'd get the go ahead. All interns also start in QA apparently.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at EMC.

Interview

The questions were easy. They asked what you put in the resume. Make sure you could answer what you have in the resume.

The challenge was the question asked by the leader of the group. He asked non-technical question to see how you handle the situation.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA).

Interview

First round consisted of a 30 minute phone interview. The second round interview was held at their corporate headquarters. It consisted of 4, 45 minute interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

Got an e-mail from a team leader about an open position. He came across my resume and got in touch with me. After the initial e-mail, he asked for a phone conversation, 4 days later we had a phone conversation and he invited me for on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• All questions were based on my resume. However I was asked about machine learning which was on my resume but not required for the job, that was quite unexpected, i fumbled upon a little bit but everything else was just fine. I was interviewed by the team leader, his 2 interns and a member of another team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, the offer was really good.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at EMC.

Interview

Got a phone call. Went to the site.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EMC (Providence, RI) in October 2012.

Interview

Submitted my resume through my school. First round interview just consisted of them going through my resume and asking behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you led a group that didn't work out.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

The HR from the company had contacted me whether I would be available for a telephone interview the very next day for the internship position related to Mainframe (z/OS). I acknowledged them and they did give me a call at the right time. In fact I had the interview with the manager of co-op position. It was very basic interview with usual questions and little bit of technical jargons related to the job. The whole process was about 30-40 minutes. At the end they had asked whether I had any questions for them. In the end they said they will get back to me as quickly as possible, in fact got my results in the 30 minutes after the interview. The same HR person had called and she did mention about the offer and application process.. Very quick process, really genuine people, really satisfied and happy unlike the others (they take forever to get back to you). Can't wait to get started , in fact they said they will pay for my relocation too, from New York to Hopkinton :)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A