EMC

450 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pre-Check Engineer Interview

Pre-Check Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at EMC in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a third-party recruiter. He found my resume and profile on Monster.com. I was contacted by a Supervisor for a phone interview. He wanted to know about my skills, my goals, and what I wanted in an employer. I answered him honestly, and a few weeks later, they called me in for an in-person interview. The interview lasted 40-45 minutes. They tested my proficiency (reading, writing, and speaking) with Spanish as my second language. They tested my critical thinking and problem solving skills.They tested my communication skills. Two weeks later, I was offered a position as a contractor with a possibility of being hired Full-Time in the future, after proving great performance in my job responsibilities.

Interview Question – I was handed a piece of paper with three questions in Spanish and asked to writing my answers down to be reviewed by a Spanish speaking-employee. Each question required a paragraph for a thorough answer. The unexpected part was that my two interviewers sat silently for most of the time that I was writing, then started having a normal conversation, and when I tried to participate in the conversation (while writing) I was told jokingly that "this was a test to see if you can pay attention to the task at hand." To this day I'm not sure if that was a real test, but I've had the job for 9 months now, so I assume that I didn't completely fail. Just a little odd.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told that a wage would be negotiated with my recruiter (as I was initially a contractor) and that I would be expected to work a 40 hour work week during normal business hours of 6AM-6PM. Later I was able to request a shift of 7AM-3PM, but I was unable to negotiate my wage until I was offered full-time employment.

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

Associate Financial Analyst
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EMC in November 2013.

Interview Details – Met two recruiters at school career fair. 4 interview events total- 1 at the career fair, 2 after driving to an office location (1 in-person and 1 on phone, 30-45 min each), 7 speed-dating style interviews at their headquarters in a room of over 30 people (30-35 min each- pretty exhausting, but everyone was friendly and they kept us hydrated/fed), then one follow-up phone interview (30 mins).

Interview Question – -Some stats you should know if you've done research on the company before going in for the interview: CEO, market cap., P/E, share price, etc.
-What makes you qualified for this program and position?
-Give me an example of how you know how to problem-solve.
-Give me an example of real work experience you've had working in finance. What were you trying to achieve in that project?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase at all.

Very Easy Interview

Service Account Manager Interview

Service Account Manager
Phila, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details – It was many years ago when EMC was a few hundred people. I interviewed with two managers and was hired the next day. They didn't seem too concerned about whether I would cut it or not. They also hired another 20 guys, across the U.S. the same month. About 50% were gone 3 months later, by their own choice. It was a very hard company to work for then, If you didn't like the travel, all nighters, weekends, being called out of bed for a service call, you didn't make it.

Interview Question – When can you start?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offer and acceptance. They offered a 20% raise from my previous job and I was 23. I said yes.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cloud Software Engineer Interview

Cloud Software Engineer
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EMC in May 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume through their official network. They did a very quick review and contacted me within one week. Two phone interviews from different groups. One interview is basically about your experience written on your resume and another one is a technical interview. Sometimes they expected more than what the job description required and be prepared.

Interview Question – Python: If you have a lot of functions and you want to measure the running time of each function, what method you can use such that you do not need to add start&end time in each function?
Operating System: what is the main difference between spin lock and mutex?
  Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer II Interview

Technical Support Engineer II

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details – Was initially hired on as one of the first GSAPs in Utah so my experience may be different than others. I had 1 technical interview over the phone and was given an offer.

Interview Question – Where to find the network config file on a Unix host.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate due to this being a GSAP position.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC in April 2014.

Interview Details – Following a call from the recruiter at EMC who verified basic information, I met 4 different interviewers back to back on the same day including the hiring manager. All were nice and had good discussion. The recruiter was super nice and its a women friendly organization.

Interview Question – What challenges you?   Answer Question

Intern QA Interview

Intern QA
San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details – It was a 1 hr on-site interview. 45 minutes with 1st interviewer. then 15 minutes with the second person. Mainly they wanted to know was about the projects I did. They had already filled that position. I dont know why they didnt cancelled mine then. They were encouraging me to apply for more positions in EMC itself, by saying "evenif you dont get this position, dont stop applying to EMC. you are good".

Senior Account Manager Interview

Senior Account Manager
Alexandria, VA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at EMC in February 2014.

Interview Details – Very impersonal and matter of fact. Nice folks but lacking clear focus and direction; seemed to be reactive as opposed to proactive in their workplace. This is clearly a large company with process and policy hurdles at every turn - if you're OK with a company that moves at a snail's pace, than go for it. Just remember, what you see in the beginning is likely what you'll see once you're hired.

Interview Question – Nothing really - most of their questions came straight out of book on interviewing as opposed to the position in question.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer

Interviewed at EMC

Interview Details – Interview on phone with HR, interview separately with each team member in person, interview with boss on phone. No second interview. There was an even exchange of information about the job verses my sharing of what/how my experience that could match it.

Interview Question – What is your experience with Java Webservices?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was an offer over the phone from HR. I accepted.

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at EMC in April 2014.

Interview Details – Screening interview with recruiter - asked basic questions that other websites covered online. Would not let me move past salary expectations - then said that i should think of this as a "lateral" move.... I assume that means my experience from a prior position has no relevance if they weren't offering a salary increase.

Interviews for Top Jobs at EMC

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!

EMC Videos

EMC – Why Work for Us?

A passion for learning, innovating and success EMC is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver information technology as a service (ITaaS). Fundamental to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EMC interview questions and advice. All 450 interview reviews posted anonymously by EMC employees and interview candidates.