EMC Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.9

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC.

Interview

Was referred by a friend for a position in the east coat. HR got back to me that same day. They scheduled an over the phone interview. The interview went great. The only reservations they had were that they wanted me to gain more sales experience before starting this job. Then they called me and said to contact them again once I have that under my belt.

Interview Questions

• Why EMC? Why sales? Do you have any sales experience? Tell me about a time you had to admit to something you did wrong? Lots of behavioral questions and some open ended.   Answer Question

Associate Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EMC (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

2 phone interviews and 1 face to face..With two people very interactive with technical questions very straight forward. Very informative about expectations and the company. Answered all my questions got back with me in a couple days with verbal offer. Very nice facility and people seemed very excited about what they were doing which to me says a lot about the morale of the working environment.

Interview Questions

• Subnetting and connectivity questions based off resume experience. One question that stuck in my mind ...what do I expect from a supervisor?   Answer Question

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at EMC (New York, NY).

Interview

After FIVE months and FIVE interviews they made a decision. I can't honesty say that I would want to work for a company that cannot make a decision after FIVE MONTHS.

Interview Questions

• The usual.... what was my quota, who were my clients, what were my biggest wins.   Answer Question

GSAP - Associate Technical Services Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EMC (Raleigh, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

There's a brain teaser they (there's two of them) want you to solve (I did one and others I talked to did two). No pressure since they will help you if you're stuck and they are patient but I got it down pretty quickly.

They want you to know about Linux since they work with that. I was a bit worried since the technical interviewer told me if I didn't get one of these positions, this would probably be the reason.

They ask about DNS.
    How I would troubleshoot a network issue.

Behavioral questions (easy).

Overall, it was fun. They laughed. I laughed. I was being myself the entire time. Be honest. Be friendly. Ask questions at the end because it shows initiative. The environment was relaxed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not want to negotiate because the benefits package is more than I ever could have hoped for being an entry level individual.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EMC (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

The first round was phone interview. Team lead called me, there are some behavior questions and simple technical questions. Phone interview takes about an hour. Then the second round was on-site interview. Three groups of people interviewed me. Most of them asked technical questions, including algorithm, testing and some SQL. Overall was not hard.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EMC.

Interview

It is a very smooth interview process. The hr is very professional. I applied through school and got the first interviw 3 weeks after that. Then two interviews follow. I think being yourself is very important.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at EMC in May 2015.

Interview

I went back and forth a bit with the recruiter.
    He talked to me for a bit and then he asked me about my current salary.
    Which is a personal question and I did not want to answer that question,to which he said that he is not going to forward my resume.

Interview Questions

• What is your current salary?   1 Answer

GHE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with three team members and took a tour of the lab area. First interviewer was project lead. Asked me some really open-ended conceptual questions about hardware architecture. Second and third interviewers came in with my resume and some small notes and generally didn't seem like they were sure what to ask,

Interview Questions

• Describe how to use an oscilloscope.
      What is the architecture of a computer?

Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EMC.

Interview

You meet with a ridiculous amount of people and have to do a presentation. You can end up spending a lot of time preparing and interviewing, then they end up giving it to someone internal. They need a least 3 people to select from so you may be used just so they can check the box.

Interview Questions

• General questions about your background and accomplishments   Answer Question

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

I spoke with a team member on the phone, then came in and had 4 ~45 minute interviews with members of the market research team. They were all respectful and informative, and seemed happy to be speaking with a prospective employee. The company is very large and it was nice to be able to talk to people who work as a part of a focused team. They really gave me a good idea of what working for them is really like.

Interview Questions

• If you're asked to advise the company to invest resources in building a market in another country, what information would you like to have to choose which countries would be the best potential fits?   Answer Question