EMC Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.9

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Multiple interviews with Program Manager and Regional Support Managers over a six month period. I was referred by a Sales Engineer so the interview process was relatively informal. Focus on the interviews was mostly on my prior experience and contacts with State of CA agencies and departments. Very little on project management capabilities or methodologies.

Interview Questions

• What State of California departments was I familiar with?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

I was called for Architect role, they did 5 rounds and rejected in the last , you have to go office for every interview.it's big pain and they will take u for granted. they don't have proper interview process.people are lazy. they will take weeks together to shortlist .

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Very easy - initial interview took a while but once it started entire process finished in a few weeks. Started with HR, quickly moved to hiring manager, then 5 other interviews.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my background and how to move my background into the position   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy and very quick.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Was referred by a friend for a position in the east coat. HR got back to me that same day. They scheduled an over the phone interview. The interview went great. The only reservations they had were that they wanted me to gain more sales experience before starting this job. Then they called me and said to contact them again once I have that under my belt.

Interview Questions

• Why EMC? Why sales? Do you have any sales experience? Tell me about a time you had to admit to something you did wrong? Lots of behavioral questions and some open ended.   Answer Question

Associate Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

2 phone interviews and 1 face to face..With two people very interactive with technical questions very straight forward. Very informative about expectations and the company. Answered all my questions got back with me in a couple days with verbal offer. Very nice facility and people seemed very excited about what they were doing which to me says a lot about the morale of the working environment.

Interview Questions

• Subnetting and connectivity questions based off resume experience. One question that stuck in my mind ...what do I expect from a supervisor?   Answer Question

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at EMC (New York, NY).

Interview

After FIVE months and FIVE interviews they made a decision. I can't honesty say that I would want to work for a company that cannot make a decision after FIVE MONTHS.

Interview Questions

• The usual.... what was my quota, who were my clients, what were my biggest wins.   Answer Question

Security Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with 5 different people and it felt like 5 different companies. None of the generic 'can you solve problems' questions, mostly about my experiences and knowledge. Every interviewer seemed to have their own agenda, and the result was very much a 'three blind men describing an elephant' experience for me, so I was not really quite sure what the role actually involved.

Interview Questions

• What value can you bring to EMC in this role?   1 Answer

GSAP - Associate Technical Services Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Raleigh, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

There's a brain teaser they (there's two of them) want you to solve (I did one and others I talked to did two). No pressure since they will help you if you're stuck and they are patient but I got it down pretty quickly. They want you to know about Linux since they work with that. I was a bit worried since the technical interviewer told me if I didn't get one of these positions, this would probably be the reason. They ask about DNS. How I would troubleshoot a network issue. Behavioral questions (easy). Overall, it was fun. They laughed. I laughed. I was being myself the entire time. Be honest. Be friendly. Ask questions at the end because it shows initiative. The environment was relaxed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not want to negotiate because the benefits package is more than I ever could have hoped for being an entry level individual.

Project Coordinator (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EMC (Pleasanton, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Was reached out to by a recruiter had a phone screening, sent my resume , and was asked to come in the next day for an in-person interview. The interview was on the more casual side and I was asked about what I would like to do and was told more about the position and what it entails. After the interview I realized this was not a position I had wanted.

Associate Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

3 stages: initial phone screen with recruiter, 30 min phone interview with direct report, on-site interview with direct report and director. I was coming in with previous experience at the company so my interview process was very informal. Pretty straight forward, just reviewed my resume and was given an overview of the position.