EMC

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at EMC.

Brief interview during campus career fair followed by mass onsite interview followed by interview with specific team. After completing 3 rounds of interviews, I got a verbal offer but it took almost 9 months before the written offer was extended. In the interim, the position was put on/off hold several times so it was a bit frustrating. EMC was the first place I interviewed and the last place I heard back from, only after I had other offers to consider.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EMC.

There were two different interviews with the second round being speed-dating style on site, and the first being a 1:1 interview on campus. Mainly just behavioral questions and questions on resume. Nothing too tricky. The interviews were very conversational and not as structured as usual, which was a breath of fresh air.

No negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EMC.

operating system / networking related questions. grilling interview. answered all the questions. oo, UML related also. overall the process was smooth, contacted by HR first and then contacted by the interviewer. very good hr.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EMC.

The interviewing process was about 1 month via 2 phone screens followed by an onsite interview. They don't pay competitively and don't offer sign on bonuses but you make due. 30 days was about the norm for getting an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you build a security department?   View Answer
    They were not competitive by about 20% and don't believe in sign on bonuses.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at EMC.

Telephone interview followed by direct face to face interview with the team. Presentation of past work. Exhibited tools I have worked with. Hiring Director was very knowledgeable and understood the details of past work.The position was in storage division and past experience was in security industry. Yet the emphasis was on looking at how my release engineering skills are valuable.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

The interviewer asked me some questions about my background and working visa status. Unfortunately, the company does not provide sponsorship for this position.Hopefully in the future, I still have the opportunity to be interviewed for the positions in EMC.I like what EMC is doing, especially in the storage area.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EMC.

spoke to someone in a career fair and a couple of weeks later got an email to schedule an interview
    they were very flexible on me having to reschedule due to being sick

Interview Questions
    • asked to switch the values in two variables without creating a third variable   View Answers (3)

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EMC.

I applied through school career link and got the first interview two weeks later. The interview is more like a behavior one and goes very smoothly. Then I was told two days later for a second interview with the people in the group. It is also a behavior question and lasted for 30 minutes. I got the final interview one week later and then got the offer. The whole process is very smooth and the hr is very professional.

All of these interviews are conducted by phone.

ITLP Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC.

Two step process, one phone screen and a round robin interview at their global headquarters in Hopkinton MA. All interviewers were people within the company, not recruiters. Be prepared to discuss time you have failed.

Interview Questions
    Good offer, did not feel the need to negotiate.

Temp Shipper Final Assembly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EMC in November 2014.

This was through Manpower, seasonal, filled out all the forms on line etc. Went in to meet with shift boss. Was asked one question. 'Had I ever been in the building before?' After that no more questions. No getting back to me by Manpower. No feed back. Nothing. Ok I'm over fifty.
    I worked in a cabinet shop I can lift stuff all day long, What gives?

Interview Questions
    • If there is No question it s a hard one to answer.   View Answer