EMC

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.9

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EMC.

spoke to someone in a career fair and a couple of weeks later got an email to schedule an interview
    they were very flexible on me having to reschedule due to being sick

Interview Questions
    • asked to switch the values in two variables without creating a third variable   View Answers (3)

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EMC.

I applied through school career link and got the first interview two weeks later. The interview is more like a behavior one and goes very smoothly. Then I was told two days later for a second interview with the people in the group. It is also a behavior question and lasted for 30 minutes. I got the final interview one week later and then got the offer. The whole process is very smooth and the hr is very professional.

All of these interviews are conducted by phone.

ITLP Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC.

Two step process, one phone screen and a round robin interview at their global headquarters in Hopkinton MA. All interviewers were people within the company, not recruiters. Be prepared to discuss time you have failed.

Interview Questions
    Good offer, did not feel the need to negotiate.

Temp Shipper Final Assembly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EMC in November 2014.

This was through Manpower, seasonal, filled out all the forms on line etc. Went in to meet with shift boss. Was asked one question. 'Had I ever been in the building before?' After that no more questions. No getting back to me by Manpower. No feed back. Nothing. Ok I'm over fifty.
    I worked in a cabinet shop I can lift stuff all day long, What gives?

Interview Questions
    • If there is No question it s a hard one to answer.   View Answer

Software Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at EMC.

The hiring manager found my resume on Monster and called me. This was basically a phone interview. We went over my experience, what type of challenges i'm looking for, salary range and employment interests. At the end of the call he asked me to come in for an office interview that week. When i arrived, he met with me briefly explaining to me the process and that i would be interviewed by a few team members and then him again. I met the team lead, 2 QA engineers and the Director. Each had their own set of questions but I found them to be pretty basic. As in, search 'typical interview questions' on google and that was pretty much what they asked. At the time I had 10 years of exp in this field, so I felt very comfortable with whatever questions they asked me. I was honest with what I knew and what i didn't know. I met with the hiring manager again and we talked for a bit longer. He told me that they would be in touch with me in the next couple of days. I then got a call from the HR department and she gave me another little interview. Gave me an offer and i verbally agreed. Waited over the weekend and that Mon received a Fax with the official paper work that i signed and faxed back. Put in my 2 weeks notice and that was it.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any real difficult questions. The ones i find annoying are the abstract "Where do you see yourself in 5 years" type of questions. They just want to see if you're going to stick around. or that you have any other ambitions to improve yourself. One of the questions I like to ask the hiring manager is whether that company likes to see people move around within the company or do people tend to stay in the same spot for 10 years. That gives me some insight into what the company mentality is and helps me answer the annoying questions.   Answer Question
    Easy. I estimated 15k higher than what i was getting (65k) and they matched it + 1K more.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EMC.

Telephonic interview by Hiring manager followed by five rounds of interview with various team members. The last round also included an onsite sales presentation to a panel of interviewers. More importance given to presentation and communication skills than to technical skills.

Interview Questions
    The offer was too good to decline

Principal Architect Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EMC.

Whole process from Original HR recruiter contacting me to offer took approximately three weeks. I turned away the original request from the recruiter, stating that the position was not exactly what I was looking for. He reached back out to me that the hiring manager was very interested and still wanted to talk to me; after describing to me additional details about the position, I decided to pursue. After a non-technical discussion with the hiring manager and a 1 hour technical phone interview with team members; an offer was made.

Solid technical review and very casual.

Back and forth on salary and bonus a bit. Negotiated for more salary and less bonus.

Software Developer Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC.

I applied online and received a call from the HR to schedule an onsite but I was travelling out of country, I requested for an phone interview instead and skype call for later references.

I recived a call from the team manager and he took the patience to explain the position and company. No particular technical questions were asked just went through my resume quickly.

A week later I got a call that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • None, it was first and the only phone screening and interview process.   Answer Question
    No need to negotiate, they offer good salary.

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conshohocken, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conshohocken, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at EMC.

I was contacted directly from HQ, and passed the telephone interview. Then in about two weeks, I had a f2f at the Conchy Office.

I was told that I would hear from HQ within 2 weeks. I did not hear back from anyone.

In fact, since they contacted me, I was curious as to know how the interview went. So I called HQ to get feedback.

On two different occasions after the face to face interview, when I called HQ, they kept telling me to call back in two weeks. Then when I did, she was surprised. This leads to me to believe that there is no "Follow up" with their employees, thus leaving me with a bad taste about the entire company.

They should consider the highly competitive climate us job seekers face each day. It's just common courtesy.

Interview Questions
    • I expected every question, the interview topics were typical, very professional, and friendly.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied the position online. HR contacted me after some time and sent me a screening doc. I finished it very soon. Then an onsite interview was scheduled. I expected a half day or a whole day interview, however, to my surprise, the interview took only half an hour with the hiring manager that day. After about one week, the hiring manager himself contacted me and scheduled me the follow-up interviews.
    As to my experience, the hiring process was a mass. However, the hiring manager was very nice.

Interview Questions
    • My program crashes, please enumerate all possible causes.   View Answer