EMC

Updated Dec 18, 2014
Updated Dec 18, 2014

2.9

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

The interviewer asked me some questions about my background and working visa status. Unfortunately, the company does not provide sponsorship for this position.Hopefully in the future, I still have the opportunity to be interviewed for the positions in EMC.I like what EMC is doing, especially in the storage area.

Field Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at EMC in August 2014.

Seven phone interviews with HR, hiring manager and supporting staff. NO feedback on why I was not selected to move forward. Asked both HR and hiring manager for feedback to no avail.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EMC.

spoke to someone in a career fair and a couple of weeks later got an email to schedule an interview
    they were very flexible on me having to reschedule due to being sick

Interview Questions
    • asked to switch the values in two variables without creating a third variable   View Answers (3)

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EMC in August 2010.

had to go thru 3 interviews. i was not hired in my first try however i was pipelined for future openings. first HR; then district manager and a matrix manager. usual questions; often tried to understand competitions strategy and account management etc...

Interview Questions
    • nothing really hard just conversational style questions.   Answer Question
    it was a open ended convo.... compentation wasnt clear until the very end.

Temp Shipper Final Assembly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EMC in November 2014.

This was through Manpower, seasonal, filled out all the forms on line etc. Went in to meet with shift boss. Was asked one question. 'Had I ever been in the building before?' After that no more questions. No getting back to me by Manpower. No feed back. Nothing. Ok I'm over fifty.
    I worked in a cabinet shop I can lift stuff all day long, What gives?

Interview Questions
    • If there is No question it s a hard one to answer.   View Answer

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EMC.

In order: Short phone screen with talent acquisition specialist, short phone interview with division leader, programming test, in-person interview. The team leader of the Watch4net division seems to really care about his employees and likes to maintain a good working environment. Programming test performance, ability to fit in to the group, and bilingualism are probably the most important traits here.

Associate Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at EMC in July 2014.

The interview process was easy and informational. The interviewers asked about my past experience. The questions were practical and scenario based. The questions were around my experience and subject area. The interviewers asked anaytical questions related to ETL, Databases, Shell scripting. The basic questions were around SQL tuning and databse performance. I declined the offer due to HR recruiter attitude.

The HR recruiter with whom i interacted for the HR round didnot know how to talk to candidates. As recruiter is the first person with whom you interact. The recruiter started abusive language when he found my expectation rather if would have told that we cant offer that much.After ridiculing and all he started negotiating. When i declined he called me to send the offer. 2 days later he called to say that they cannot offer what was promised in first place. I took the offer as i have resigned taking the offer breakup considering it from a tier1 company and started searching desperately for the other one and to my luck i got the offer a day before joining EMC, so when i mailed that i cannot join, he again started abusing me and also threatened me to bar from al the companies as if he is a GOD. I think the management should check on the people they are taking in as recruiter and put them on some behavioural training.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EMC in June 2014.

3 technical phone interviews followed by single 1-on-1 interview. The questions were mostly java oriented and focussed on my previous internship work and tested my technical communication skills. The process tested my knowledge of java and I had some upper edge because I had done an internship at EMC previously. This helped me demonstrate the work I did and thus helped me a lot.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult if can talk fluently about everything on your resume. It is very important because I was specially asked on projects I had put on my resume and given scenarios and told to explain how I would implement those in my projects.   Answer Question
    Standard package for new grads.

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC in October 2014.

One initial telephonic technical round with a panel of 2. One face to face round with a panel of two, one technical architect and one manager. One telephonic round with a Senior manager from US. One telephonic round with a Senior Developer from US. The importance on communication was almost same as the importance on technical knowledge. 50% questions were technical whereas 50% questions were managerial.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convince the leadership for a feature that you want to include in the application?   Answer Question
    Little bit negotiation could be done as I was holding another offer.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EMC.

I applied through school career link and got the first interview two weeks later. The interview is more like a behavior one and goes very smoothly. Then I was told two days later for a second interview with the people in the group. It is also a behavior question and lasted for 30 minutes. I got the final interview one week later and then got the offer. The whole process is very smooth and the hr is very professional.

All of these interviews are conducted by phone.