EMC Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.9

Technical Support Engineer II Interview

You will have easy rounds of interview, one technical & then managerial & after which HR roung, all are pretty easy, you have to have a very good knowledge of the position you have worked in past. You can be straight forward.

Quality Program Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at EMC.

Phone interview was promising but follow up was somewhat difficult. I got a call right away from the HR manager but was told the hiring manager was on vacation. I followed up the next week and was then told that the manager was away for two weeks, not one. I followed up again the week after that and was told that they were leaning toward a candidate that had interviewed prior to the manager going away.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where a contributor was difficult, how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at EMC.

Campus placement. Company visited campus, Then PPT, Ojective exam (aptitude + technical), Technical interview (1 round), HR interview.

Step1: Aptitude + Technical Exam
    Step2: Technical Interview (1 round)
    Step3: HR interview (1 round)

Aptitude + Tchnical : Objective exam, Questions were good quality, very less time.

Technical Interview: Questions mainly from Operating Systems, OOP concepts. (IPC, Virtual memory, paging vs segmentation, Activation record etc).

HR interview: Just formality, regarding projects, Interests etc.

Interview Questions
    • One Question started from Paging vs Segmentation and went up to Compaction and Buddy systems.   Answer Question
    Campus Placement, No scope for negotiation with students.

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at EMC.

I applied online through the company's website after seeing a post on indeed. I was contacted 4 days later by the Recruiting Manager. We had about a 15 minute chat about my experience and the hiring department where the developer position would be supporting. He arranged an interview with the hiring manager for later that day.

I had an 30 minute interview with the hiring manager. It was the basic "tell me about yourself" and some questions to determine your decision making thought of mind.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an challenging project and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Senior Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in March 2013.

First get a call from HR for technical interview discussion,then 2 technical interview,manager round and then followed by HR.Interview was an average. Mostly question are related to my past experience.

Associate IT Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at EMC in June 2014.

1. Communication Round : Moderate
    2. Apti + technical : Moderate
    3. Technical Round : Moderate containing C/C++ concepts and question son final year project.
    4. HR Round : They do this for timepass. They remove good candidates just for timepass.
    5. Managerial Round
    6. US HR round

Interview Questions
    • How would you motivate members in your team if you are the team leader?   Answer Question

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cairo (Egypt)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at EMC.

First was an HR interview, the typical HR questions, very easy.
    Then was with hiring manager, no technicalities asked was more about the personality.
    Then 2 interviews with the department manager and the GM, also general talk.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult at all, job doesnt need any particular set of skills.   Answer Question

Senior Software Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC.

Applied online and recruiter setup phone interview with hiring manager the same day. After a brief technical screening over the phone with the hiring manager I was brought on-site for interviews with a few senior and principal level test engineers, as well as management. This included a brief chat on the phone with senior management from Irvine. The whole process lasted two to three hours at most. I sensed a good culture and working environment, and was genuinely interested in the technologies being developed at this field office - ranging from from low level storage technologies, which are very abundant in this particular market, to more unique enterprise visualization technologies.

Interview Questions
    • What are the challenges with backing up data in virtual environments?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about data de-duplication for backups, how does it work?   Answer Question
    • How well do you know Linux/Bash/C/Java? Sketching out and reviewing code snippets. Coming up with solutions to various tasks like monitoring memory usage.   Answer Question
    Received a good offer from the recruiter with forms for references, background check and drug screening within a couple days of the on-site interviews. They moved very quickly in comparison with other companies I was interviewing with or had interviewed with recently, which was very refreshing.

Technology Solutions Program Manager Interview

interviewed at EMC in January 2011.

Interview process was relatively simple, met with hiring director. Then a phone interview with a staff member and job offer was extended. A simple process all in all.

Dispatch/Scheduling Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Draper, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

I applied online - interviewed at EMC in August 2014.

Recruiter contacted after a week to schedule a phone interview. Called right on the dot, asked regular questions. passed to the on site interview. Manager who was interviewing was 20 minutes late, very unorganized.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were very basic. Asked about how do you deal with stress, Where do you see yourself in 5 years etc.   Answer Question

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!