EMC

EMC Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2015
Updated Mar 3, 2015

Program Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EMC.

Very long (over 5 months), poorly coordinated interview process by both Recruiting team and interviewing team. No follow up from Recruiting team unless asked. I did not feel the company treated candidates with much respect. The system used for applications submissions is hard to navigate and outdated. Interviews are typical 30-45 min conversations.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions about relevant exprience and skills, as well as behavioral questions about difficult situations.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EMC.

first round ---- aptitude(avg difficulty)
    second round ---- communication(very easy)
    third round ---- technical(java and sql)(easy)
    fourth round ---- hr (easy)

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at EMC in October 2014.

Had two technical phone interviews. I had good experience with the first person, who was very nice. The second person was rude and even though I answered all his questions correctly, I have not heard back again and did not answer my follow up email.

Interview Questions
    • Given an array A of integers (with arbitrary order), and an integer value m, find two elements of A whose sum is m.   View Answer
    • How to prove that there are infinite number of prime numbers   View Answer
    • Implementing an index for a storage system.   Answer Question

Global Supply Chain Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC in May 2014.

easy phone interview with the hiring manager. Took an hour. After that the hiring process took two weeks to complete. I took a drug test and passed and then was told to start working the following week.

Interview Questions
    • name a situation where you had to overcome a challenge   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at EMC in May 2011.

Total five rounds. Basic HR screening, Telephonic, Face to face Indian management round, crucial interview by managers based out in US finally followed by HR.
    The HR's follow up is very tiresome.

Interview Questions
    • They check how best we are open to learning and how committed will one be towards the customers.   Answer Question
    One should check the internal band grade to be offered accordingly. I missed on that part.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC.

Applied at a career fair. Had an on- campus interview. After two weeks, got a call from HR, who scheduled for an interview with the manager. After, phone interview with the manager, had two more technical phone screens.

Senior Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at EMC in October 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter and given a description about the opportunity and an interview was scheduled. That interview never happened and I never received feedback.

4 months later, the same recruiter contacted me asking if I was still interested in the positions. Luckily, I was in search of a new job. I expressed my interest and was set up for an interview the following week. I was double booked by the recruiter between one hiring manager and another PM. The recruiter rescheduled the call with the PM, that never happened. I was reached two weeks later with a followup interview and time with another PM.

First PM interview (phone): Lots of questions around Processes and 'what if scenarios'

(time gap - 2 weeks)

Second PM interview (phone): Lots of questions around my past experiences and how I worked through tough situations. The interviewer also talked more about the difficulties of the position, and how people tend to move to other roles. The experience was negative, and the person didn't sound like they even wanted to be there anymore. More focus was placed on working a set schedule, being in the office on time, etc. I felt like I was in a disciplinary review and I don't even work for the company!

(time gap 2 more weeks and only after I followed up requesting next steps, feedback or any kind of input)

Third Interview (phone): Interviewed by another PM. Lots of questions about project management as a discipline. Lots of PMP exam questions were asked, surprisingly. Lots of scenario based questions.

After this interview, I was told that I would finally be scheduled to talk to the hiring manager, whom the recruiter said was swamped, and too busy to interview with for the past 4 months. At this point, I asked myself, why are they wasting effort and my time, on this interview, is there an actual need to fill the position? Why do I have to follow up and hound a recruiter in order to get feedback or next steps?

Between the 3rd and last interview, there was a 3 week gap and I had moved on with interests elsewhere. When the recruiter reached out, I was baffled! I couldn't understand how he could be unresponsive to my requests for followup and feedback, then pop out of the blue asking if I was still interested.

I never heard back from the recruiter... same thing that happened 4 months ago!

Very disappointed in how it all played out and wonder if the hiring manager even knows the time wasted and the process failure in recruitment.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most complex project you managed? What methodology do you use most often and why? Are you interested in a PMP certification? How do you manage change and risk?   View Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC in January 2015.

Recruiter contacted me, set up interview. Wanted me to ask a lot of questions rather than me answer questions. Only question I was asked was, do you understand the GSAP program. Was a little odd, but then I was just grilled for questions to ask about their company. Not sure if they were looking for something specific or what.

MDP Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EMC.

On campus interview and then in the office! In the office was overwhelming as it was with all other top applicants, but was great because you talking with a variety of employees.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral experiences and how you would handle things there.   Answer Question

Associate Delivery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC in February 2015.

GD, general aptitude(analytical & logical), 2 technical interviews, 1 HR round. No technical questions were asked in technical interview, questions were only from your resume. They concentrate more on your communication skill and interpersonal skill. The whole process took a day.