EMC Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015

2.9

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at EMC (Marlborough, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview process was easy to read, laid back and not stressful. I always tend to feel comfortable and confident in an interview situation where you are defending/selling yourself. Interviewed with 3 women in all, and that was a hurdle in and of itself (sorry not sorry for stating the truth). But I made them feel comfortable in the situation and confident in my abilities.

Interview Questions

• General finance questions and SAP/EPM system use. pretty basic honestly and i had never used EPM before this roll (all systems function the same way). Asked about some accrual accounting which i thought was odd since im not an accountant.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was a little tricky, i only have 2yrs of experience so technically i shouldnt be senior and i interviewed as a principal FA! average at the company for senior is 80-85ish. they gave a low number of 71. i countered and asked not above average or below. firm at 80. Said cant do that since we're not at corporate. came back with 72k. At first it was like a slap in the face an extra 1k ha. But truly thankful for this role since i was desperate to get back on my feet! Made me know it was the right decision because almost 2 months after i started working i got a call back from some of the other corporate FA positions asking to interview. So in the end it worked out.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EMC.

Interview

You meet with a ridiculous amount of people and have to do a presentation. You can end up spending a lot of time preparing and interviewing, then they end up giving it to someone internal. They need a least 3 people to select from so you may be used just so they can check the box.

Interview Questions

• General questions about your background and accomplishments   Answer Question

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

I spoke with a team member on the phone, then came in and had 4 ~45 minute interviews with members of the market research team. They were all respectful and informative, and seemed happy to be speaking with a prospective employee. The company is very large and it was nice to be able to talk to people who work as a part of a focused team. They really gave me a good idea of what working for them is really like.

Interview Questions

• If you're asked to advise the company to invest resources in building a market in another country, what information would you like to have to choose which countries would be the best potential fits?   Answer Question

Finance TrainingProgram Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at EMC in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was primarily contacted by a recruiter from headquarters. She set me up with an interview with one of the finance managers of the branch in my local area. After my first phone interview. I was scheduled to do another phone interview with a finance director. The next day I received an offer.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at EMC (Worcester, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

I participate the career fair in Worcester Airport and handed in my resume to the recruiter.He gave me his Business card to contact him and email him my resume. Then I get the interview opportunity to take a phone interview with the recruiter. We make the schedule in the afternoon to take a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose to continue study in this master program? Tell me something about your project related to the position.   Answer Question

QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at EMC (Irvine, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

3 short interviews with different people. I had 2 people, 2 people agaib, and then 1 person. First ones asked about resume stuff, second ones asked about technical terms that were broad such as Linux, MySQL, software engineering processes, and networks, and last one asked some specific questions about coding itself.

Interview Questions

• Efficiently search for a value in a sorted list. Write code that determines if a value is prime, then tell them what is wrong with the code.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Contacted by their recruiter. Chatted with him on the phone about what they do and what's my experience. Pretty standard introduction phone call. Had two technical phone interviews in the same week and got invited to onsite. However, I decided not to move forward with them before the onsite interview. Overall, it's a good interview experience. The people that I've talked to are really nice and patient.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at EMC (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Starting interviewing in November, meet with several people throughout the 5 month process. I. was verbally offered a job, then manager said she was going to pass after looking at previous years W2 not being over $250K. She referred me to another manager ,who said W2 was not an issue for him, he verbally offered me the role to me and schedule several meetings to discuss the offer and never showed up. Still have not heard back and it's been weeks. Super unprofessional experience!!.

Interview Questions

• Why is your previous W2 less than $250 K despite making your plan at your previous companies?   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Phone interview with a lady who seemed to be a novice at interviewing. It seemed like she was on the call to show how she was smarter that the candidate she was interviewing. I hate it when interviewers start using interviews as a platform to show off rather than trying to understand if the candidate brings any value to the team. Some really tricky find the bug in the code kind of questions and questions around system security and encryption. The position for which I had applied did not mention system security experience as a requirement and I clarified that I had no past experience working on system security. Despite that she kept on asking me questions related to it and I could only give high level answers. Never heard back on the interview feedback. Wasn't expecting to hear anyways. In fact, at one point I wanted to say goodbye on the call since it didn't seem to be going anywhere.

Interview Questions

• What are the different ways to ensure that the message sent on the network is secure?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Very long (over 5 months), poorly coordinated interview process by both Recruiting team and interviewing team. No follow up from Recruiting team unless asked. I did not feel the company treated candidates with much respect. The system used for applications submissions is hard to navigate and outdated. Interviews are typical 30-45 min conversations.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about relevant exprience and skills, as well as behavioral questions about difficult situations.   Answer Question