EMC

Updated Dec 18, 2014
Updated Dec 18, 2014

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied the position online. HR contacted me after some time and sent me a screening doc. I finished it very soon. Then an onsite interview was scheduled. I expected a half day or a whole day interview, however, to my surprise, the interview took only half an hour with the hiring manager that day. After about one week, the hiring manager himself contacted me and scheduled me the follow-up interviews.
    As to my experience, the hiring process was a mass. However, the hiring manager was very nice.

Interview Questions
    • My program crashes, please enumerate all possible causes.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC.

Applied online. Recruiter contacted for initial phone screen. Technical phone interview with hiring manager but no coding, he just asked basic Object oriented programming questions. Followed by 1:1 onsite interviews with 4-5 Senior Software Engineers. They asked standard data structure and algorithm interview questions.

Interview Questions
    they are difficult to negotiate.

Quality Program Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EMC.

Phone interview was promising but follow up was somewhat difficult. I got a call right away from the HR manager but was told the hiring manager was on vacation. I followed up the next week and was then told that the manager was away for two weeks, not one. I followed up again the week after that and was told that they were leaning toward a candidate that had interviewed prior to the manager going away.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where a contributor was difficult, how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at EMC.

I applied online through the company's website after seeing a post on indeed. I was contacted 4 days later by the Recruiting Manager. We had about a 15 minute chat about my experience and the hiring department where the developer position would be supporting. He arranged an interview with the hiring manager for later that day.

I had an 30 minute interview with the hiring manager. It was the basic "tell me about yourself" and some questions to determine your decision making thought of mind.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an challenging project and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Senior Software Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC.

Applied online and recruiter setup phone interview with hiring manager the same day. After a brief technical screening over the phone with the hiring manager I was brought on-site for interviews with a few senior and principal level test engineers, as well as management. This included a brief chat on the phone with senior management from Irvine. The whole process lasted two to three hours at most. I sensed a good culture and working environment, and was genuinely interested in the technologies being developed at this field office - ranging from from low level storage technologies, which are very abundant in this particular market, to more unique enterprise visualization technologies.

Interview Questions
    • What are the challenges with backing up data in virtual environments?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about data de-duplication for backups, how does it work?   Answer Question
    • How well do you know Linux/Bash/C/Java? Sketching out and reviewing code snippets. Coming up with solutions to various tasks like monitoring memory usage.   Answer Question
    Received a good offer from the recruiter with forms for references, background check and drug screening within a couple days of the on-site interviews. They moved very quickly in comparison with other companies I was interviewing with or had interviewed with recently, which was very refreshing.

Program Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC.

Setting up the interviews didn't take too long. Had a phone screen and then an interview with the hiring manager. However, they never got back to me when they said they would.

Dispatch/Scheduling Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

I applied online – interviewed at EMC in August 2014.

Recruiter contacted after a week to schedule a phone interview. Called right on the dot, asked regular questions. passed to the on site interview. Manager who was interviewing was 20 minutes late, very unorganized.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were very basic. Asked about how do you deal with stress, Where do you see yourself in 5 years etc.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EMC in August 2014.

Interviewed with hiring manager and 3 other individuals. Have worked there in the past and they are familiar with work style. Other companies interviews were more high pressure, I think this was mostly a formality to get past since I have worked with a few and had good recommendations.

Interview Questions
    • How was your experience with x department working here in the past? What are some improvements that could be made?   Answer Question
    Waiting for the formal offer but have been told will be getting one.

ITLP Co Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EMC in August 2014.

I had a two step interview with 5 managers total. Mostly I have been asked about my leadership abilities, any positions that were related to possible leading assignment. Any achievements that I had made over the last couple months. At the time of my interview I was doing my internship there, so there were a lot of questions on how do I find a company atmosphere. Do I work easily within a team, but at the same time can I lead the team or work on myself.
    There were very few technical questions. Overall both interview were very friendly and left only positive emotions.

Interview Questions
    • How do you understand being ethical with your colleagues?   Answer Question
    I got very good offer from the first time, I also was able to choose the starting date.

Field Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at EMC in August 2014.

Seven phone interviews with HR, hiring manager and supporting staff. NO feedback on why I was not selected to move forward. Asked both HR and hiring manager for feedback to no avail.