EMC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

Associate Financial Analyst
Hopkinton, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied via Campus Recruiting. Had one interview with alumni on campus and was called back for second (and final) round at headquarters in Hopkinton, MA. 28 candidates with 28 tables in one room. Seven speed dating-style back-to-back 25-35 minute interviews in a row for a few hours. It was pretty exhausting but the people are very friendly.

Interview Question – (towards the end of one of the interviews): in 60 seconds or less, tell me why I should hire you vs anyone else in this room.   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Principal Software Engineer
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in April 2010.

Interview Details – refer by a friends' friend, very quickly got a phone call from HR, after that I had 1 phone interview, then following with 4 rounds on-site technical interview.

Interview Question – Singleton pattern in java   Answer Question

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Senior Product Marketing Manager
Hopkinton, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EMC in January 2014.

Interview Details – Great interaction with recruiter, was invited to on-site interview, EMC covered all travel expenses, interviewed with 6 different individuals, each interview was 30 to 45 minutes. Would advise anyone to bring a bottle of water and a cereal bar to an interview. Arrive early, easy to get lost on the wide-spread campus and cubicle maze.

Interview Question – Explain how to convince hesitant executives to pursue your proposal.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Service Engineer Interview

Customer Service Engineer
Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in June 2011.

Interview Details – I had 3 interviews, 2 with the hiring manager, and an informal interview with the team I was going to be working with. Focus of the interview was on Customer service and problem solving. Remember, solving a problem does not have to be complex.

Interview Question – What would be my legacy. Some people do not even have a 5 year plan talk more of legacy. Have a 5, 10, 18, 25, retirement and legacy plan.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes but don't get stuck on the base pay because you get tuition reimbursement and mileage reimbursement.

Technical Support Engineer II Interview

Technical Support Engineer II
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EMC in March 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted quickly after applying. Two to three or possibly more interviews depending on technical complexity of the product. Mix of technical and managerial interview scenarios, many or all conducted same day. Traditional company environment, so dress to impress.

Interview Question – Why do backups take twice as long to complete.   Answer Question

Field Support Engineer Interview

Field Support Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details – Hiring manager didn't seem interested at all being at work the day of the interview. Met with me and told me to wait. Disappeared for 10 minutes and then came back to get me. Interview had mixed feelings. Couldn't tell how it went really. Came of as they already picked someone for the job and felt obligated to interview me. Had not had any communication until after a few emaila about the position. Didn't get it but would have been nice to have known.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EMC in April 2013.

Interview Details – Had two phone interviews. First one was an initial HR round followed by an interview with a Senior Software Engineer to assess interest and expertise in various areas. This was folllowed by 6 rounds of onsite interview at the RTP facility.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Senior Sales Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details – The process was a normal one. I interviewed with who would be my colleagues and my manager. The process took approximately 4 weeks from beginning to end. Once I got hired, it took about another month before I got my computer, phone and got on to the system. Training was done virtually with more onsite throughout the year.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions, it was just around what the job entailed and my background. More of a get to know you interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They try to say that they can only give you 10% over your salary but that is not true. We went back and 4th a few times and they finally came up to my number.

College Student Inern Interview

College Student Inern
Durham, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EMC in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted because I had my resume on the University Job Postings site by a manager at EMC. From there we e-mailed back and fourth until we set up an interview date. I kept in contact with him for a few months after and eventually an offer was extended.

Interview Question – Reverse a Linked List.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume, I had an initial screening with recruiter. I met the profile from experiential and compensation perspective. I was passed to the hiring manager of the first interview and was told it would be 3 phases. Recruiter and hiring manager was phase 1. Phase 2 involved 3 other managers that were peers to the hiring manager. Third phase I was passed to 4 managers senior to the hiring manager with one of them being face to face. Of all the interviews, only one required face to face.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for EMC?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – One call to agree.

Interviews for Top Jobs at EMC