EMC

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.9

Princ Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at EMC.

Long process, in my instance. I can take months from the time you interview until the time yo get the position.
    Stuck me in a room while they paraded several people to talk to me

No negotiation

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC in July 2014.

Applied online. Received call from HR within a day. He yawned in my ear for the entire call and apparently thought that was okay. Was a bit rude as well. After a few standard questions, went straight to salary requirements. This Sr. position salary was $6K lower than my previous job which was not sr. level. He said he would check on bonus or any other way to match that and get back to me the next day. I never heard from him again. Sent a follow up email a week later but he didn't have the courtesy to answer it.

Very disappointing experience with this company that allegedly has such a great reputation. Imagine listening to someone yawning in your ear during an interview!

Interview Questions
    • Out of the gate wanted to talk about salary and not much more.   Answer Question

Service Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EMC.

It was many years ago when EMC was a few hundred people. I interviewed with two managers and was hired the next day. They didn't seem too concerned about whether I would cut it or not. They also hired another 20 guys, across the U.S. the same month. About 50% were gone 3 months later, by their own choice. It was a very hard company to work for then, If you didn't like the travel, all nighters, weekends, being called out of bed for a service call, you didn't make it.

Interview Questions
    Offer and acceptance. They offered a 20% raise from my previous job and I was 23. I said yes.

Technical Support Engineer II Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EMC.

Was initially hired on as one of the first GSAPs in Utah so my experience may be different than others. I had 1 technical interview over the phone and was given an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Where to find the network config file on a Unix host.   View Answer
    Did not negotiate due to this being a GSAP position.

Intern QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC.

It was a 1 hr on-site interview. 45 minutes with 1st interviewer. then 15 minutes with the second person. Mainly they wanted to know was about the projects I did. They had already filled that position. I dont know why they didnt cancelled mine then. They were encouraging me to apply for more positions in EMC itself, by saying "evenif you dont get this position, dont stop applying to EMC. you are good".

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EMC in June 2014.

3 technical phone interviews followed by single 1-on-1 interview. The questions were mostly java oriented and focussed on my previous internship work and tested my technical communication skills. The process tested my knowledge of java and I had some upper edge because I had done an internship at EMC previously. This helped me demonstrate the work I did and thus helped me a lot.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult if can talk fluently about everything on your resume. It is very important because I was specially asked on projects I had put on my resume and given scenarios and told to explain how I would implement those in my projects.   Answer Question
    Standard package for new grads.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Interview on phone with HR, interview separately with each team member in person, interview with boss on phone. No second interview. There was an even exchange of information about the job verses my sharing of what/how my experience that could match it.

Interview Questions
    There was an offer over the phone from HR. I accepted.

Cloud Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at EMC in May 2014.

I submitted my resume through their official network. They did a very quick review and contacted me within one week. Two phone interviews from different groups. One interview is basically about your experience written on your resume and another one is a technical interview. Sometimes they expected more than what the job description required and be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Python: If you have a lot of functions and you want to measure the running time of each function, what method you can use such that you do not need to add start&end time in each function?
      Operating System: what is the main difference between spin lock and mutex?

View Answers (2)

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

I applied through a college careers web site. they send a van to get us from school to the facility. we were about 15 and the whole process too about four hours

Technology Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at EMC.

A quick phone interview was held after which I was asked to come in for a in-person interview. The interview was with four people, one after another (not all at once). Questions were pretty straight forward, technical questions to make sure I possessed the technical understanding I claimed to. Other than that, the interviewers did their best to describe what the job entailed.

Through an H.R. Rep. Had to wait a long time (about a month) to get the offer after the Manager would only strongly imply that the position was indeed mine ("It is in the hands of H.R. now").