EMC

2.9

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

interviewed at EMC in March 2014.

One interview. 2 interviewers and a conference call with senior mgmt. 30-60 min. Got a call the next day.,

Interview Questions
    • What is the protocol that includes the three-way handshake called?   View Answer
    Not an option.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at EMC in March 2014.

Very thorough interview process. Interviewed with several team members. Interviewing with several people gives you a good idea of what is expected of you in the role.

Interview Questions
    Fair starting salary based on salary at prior company. All information you provide regarding employment dates, salary, position, etc. will be verified.

Technical Writer Interview

I did not go through an interview or hiring process. I came to EMC by way of an acquisition. I did speak with a few HR resources as we got going, after we were purchased, but nothing formal like a sit down interview with questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC.

Met an employee at a showcase, had my resume forwarded to his manager. The interview process was with 3 team leads and the head QA manager. Each 30 min interview just drilled down my resume and only one technical question because we ran out of things to talk about. It seemed like as long as you can get one team lead to like you then you'd get the go ahead. All interns also start in QA apparently.

Principal Program Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EMC.

Applied for position in Jan 2013, had phone screen by hiring manager in March, called in for in-person interviews within a week after phone interview. Met with Principal Engineers, other Program Managers and Hiring Manager. The interview focused on my past experience, current work and scenario analysis as applicable to Program Management. Two days after that in-person, I was asked to meet with Group Director and hiring manager again. 3 days after this meeting, I was made an offer. After the offer, the actual employment forms and verification etc took more than a month to complete.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Be prepared to explain everything on your resume. Focus on behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

I first had a phone interview, and then I went in for an in-person interview. I was interviewed by a manager and then by the resources i would be supervising. The resources interviewed me in teams of 2.

I was able to negotiate my salary.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC in February 2014.

Very impersonal and matter of fact. Nice folks but lacking clear focus and direction; seemed to be reactive as opposed to proactive in their workplace. This is clearly a large company with process and policy hurdles at every turn - if you're OK with a company that moves at a snail's pace, than go for it. Just remember, what you see in the beginning is likely what you'll see once you're hired.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really - most of their questions came straight out of book on interviewing as opposed to the position in question.   Answer Question

CollegeStudent Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EMC in February 2014.

I was first contacted at my college career fair and I made great conversation with one of the representatives who then decided to take two of my resumes and put one in a general application pool and the other in his departments own application pool. I contacted them the next day to make sure they got my application after applying online and to show initiative. I had a phone interview not too long after this maybe 2-3 weeks later while maintaining contact with the company. The phone interview was the only interview I had and in this they just wanted to know my interests and to get a more detailed look into what I do and why. I was told that they were going to move forward with other candidates so I asked the manager what I could improve on in my interview or skills and he said I was great in everything except talking about what I knew about EMC. I was contacted several months later and was asked if I was still interested in the job so I accepted the position and I feel very lucky to have been given the opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure to do your research on a company it really pays off to do a simple google search and try to get an understanding of their products or what they do.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate anything I felt that the pay was more than fare for a college intern, and the vacation days were nice.

Associate Systems Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at EMC.

After the phone screen, I met with both the manager and the tech lead via phone. Both help strong conversations. The in person interview was with the same two folks, so more of a formality.

Interview Questions
    • Past experience was tricky, as I was still in college, so relating stories as an intern and help desk deck to an enterprise IT org was tricky.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, as I had no leverage.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EMC.

The questions were easy. They asked what you put in the resume. Make sure you could answer what you have in the resume.

The challenge was the question asked by the leader of the group. He asked non-technical question to see how you handle the situation.