EMC

EMC Interview Questions

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

Field Support Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC.

Hiring manager didn't seem interested at all being at work the day of the interview. Met with me and told me to wait. Disappeared for 10 minutes and then came back to get me. Interview had mixed feelings. Couldn't tell how it went really. Came of as they already picked someone for the job and felt obligated to interview me. Had not had any communication until after a few emaila about the position. Didn't get it but would have been nice to have known.

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EMC.

The process was a normal one. I interviewed with who would be my colleagues and my manager. The process took approximately 4 weeks from beginning to end. Once I got hired, it took about another month before I got my computer, phone and got on to the system. Training was done virtually with more onsite throughout the year.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, it was just around what the job entailed and my background. More of a get to know you interview.   Answer Question
    They try to say that they can only give you 10% over your salary but that is not true. We went back and 4th a few times and they finally came up to my number.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EMC.

After submitting my resume, I had an initial screening with recruiter. I met the profile from experiential and compensation perspective. I was passed to the hiring manager of the first interview and was told it would be 3 phases. Recruiter and hiring manager was phase 1. Phase 2 involved 3 other managers that were peers to the hiring manager. Third phase I was passed to 4 managers senior to the hiring manager with one of them being face to face. Of all the interviews, only one required face to face.

One call to agree.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC in April 2014.

Screening interview with recruiter - asked basic questions that other websites covered online. Would not let me move past salary expectations - then said that i should think of this as a "lateral" move.... I assume that means my experience from a prior position has no relevance if they weren't offering a salary increase.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC in April 2014.

Following a call from the recruiter at EMC who verified basic information, I met 4 different interviewers back to back on the same day including the hiring manager. All were nice and had good discussion. The recruiter was super nice and its a women friendly organization.

Systems Engineer Interview

I was referred to the company via my network reaching out to the retained recruiter. The process, stalled at first, went very quickly to the offer. The process started with the recruiter then hiring manager, and finally with the Division Manager. My recommendation is to use your network to help you coach you on what is important to the company and the interviewer's style.

Interview Questions
    Understand what you would consider acceptable and consider countering the offer if appropriate.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at EMC.

Detailed and slow process. Some basic questions on Storage by other PMs. 3 rounds.

Cant negotiate too much

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EMC.

Met them at the career fair. They called me for an interview after 2 days

Interview Questions
    • gave me case study on database with 5billion records indexed with B+-tree. Asked me to identify a data structure that can determine if the record exists or not before parsing the tree.

Garbage collection in java

Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

interviewed at EMC in March 2014.

One interview. 2 interviewers and a conference call with senior mgmt. 30-60 min. Got a call the next day.,

Interview Questions
    • What is the protocol that includes the three-way handshake called?   View Answer
    Not an option.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at EMC in March 2014.

Very thorough interview process. Interviewed with several team members. Interviewing with several people gives you a good idea of what is expected of you in the role.

Interview Questions
    Fair starting salary based on salary at prior company. All information you provide regarding employment dates, salary, position, etc. will be verified.