EMC

Updated Mar 3, 2015

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC in April 2014.

Screening interview with recruiter - asked basic questions that other websites covered online. Would not let me move past salary expectations - then said that i should think of this as a "lateral" move.... I assume that means my experience from a prior position has no relevance if they weren't offering a salary increase.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC in April 2014.

Following a call from the recruiter at EMC who verified basic information, I met 4 different interviewers back to back on the same day including the hiring manager. All were nice and had good discussion. The recruiter was super nice and its a women friendly organization.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EMC.

I was referred to the company via my network reaching out to the retained recruiter. The process, stalled at first, went very quickly to the offer. The process started with the recruiter then hiring manager, and finally with the Division Manager. My recommendation is to use your network to help you coach you on what is important to the company and the interviewer's style.

Interview Questions
    Understand what you would consider acceptable and consider countering the offer if appropriate.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at EMC.

Detailed and slow process. Some basic questions on Storage by other PMs. 3 rounds.

Cant negotiate too much

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EMC.

Met them at the career fair. They called me for an interview after 2 days

Interview Questions
    • gave me case study on database with 5billion records indexed with B+-tree. Asked me to identify a data structure that can determine if the record exists or not before parsing the tree.

Garbage collection in java

Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

interviewed at EMC in March 2014.

One interview. 2 interviewers and a conference call with senior mgmt. 30-60 min. Got a call the next day.,

Interview Questions
    • What is the protocol that includes the three-way handshake called?   View Answer
    Not an option.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at EMC in March 2014.

Very thorough interview process. Interviewed with several team members. Interviewing with several people gives you a good idea of what is expected of you in the role.

Interview Questions
    Fair starting salary based on salary at prior company. All information you provide regarding employment dates, salary, position, etc. will be verified.

Technical Writer Interview

I did not go through an interview or hiring process. I came to EMC by way of an acquisition. I did speak with a few HR resources as we got going, after we were purchased, but nothing formal like a sit down interview with questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC.

Met an employee at a showcase, had my resume forwarded to his manager. The interview process was with 3 team leads and the head QA manager. Each 30 min interview just drilled down my resume and only one technical question because we ran out of things to talk about. It seemed like as long as you can get one team lead to like you then you'd get the go ahead. All interns also start in QA apparently.

Principal Program Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EMC.

Applied for position in Jan 2013, had phone screen by hiring manager in March, called in for in-person interviews within a week after phone interview. Met with Principal Engineers, other Program Managers and Hiring Manager. The interview focused on my past experience, current work and scenario analysis as applicable to Program Management. Two days after that in-person, I was asked to meet with Group Director and hiring manager again. 3 days after this meeting, I was made an offer. After the offer, the actual employment forms and verification etc took more than a month to complete.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Be prepared to explain everything on your resume. Focus on behavioral questions.   Answer Question