EMC Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.9

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC.

Interview

Setting up the interviews didn't take too long. Had a phone screen and then an interview with the hiring manager. However, they never got back to me when they said they would.

Field Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at EMC (Tampa, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

Seven phone interviews with HR, hiring manager and supporting staff. NO feedback on why I was not selected to move forward. Asked both HR and hiring manager for feedback to no avail.

Storage Engineer Interview

Interview

one phone interview with an engineer one phone interview with a manager one onsite interview with a group of engineer and the manager everyone is polite. Not every technical. 5-10 technical questions. 1 programming question, very basic. I was not an expert in storage technology and did not get an offer.

Princ Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at EMC.

Interview

Long process, in my instance. I can take months from the time you interview until the time yo get the position. Stuck me in a room while they paraded several people to talk to me

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received call from HR within a day. He yawned in my ear for the entire call and apparently thought that was okay. Was a bit rude as well. After a few standard questions, went straight to salary requirements. This Sr. position salary was $6K lower than my previous job which was not sr. level. He said he would check on bonus or any other way to match that and get back to me the next day. I never heard from him again. Sent a follow up email a week later but he didn't have the courtesy to answer it. Very disappointing experience with this company that allegedly has such a great reputation. Imagine listening to someone yawning in your ear during an interview!

Interview Questions

• Out of the gate wanted to talk about salary and not much more.   Answer Question

Service Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EMC (Phila, PA).

Interview

It was many years ago when EMC was a few hundred people. I interviewed with two managers and was hired the next day. They didn't seem too concerned about whether I would cut it or not. They also hired another 20 guys, across the U.S. the same month. About 50% were gone 3 months later, by their own choice. It was a very hard company to work for then, If you didn't like the travel, all nighters, weekends, being called out of bed for a service call, you didn't make it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer and acceptance. They offered a 20% raise from my previous job and I was 23. I said yes.

Technical Support Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EMC.

Interview

Was initially hired on as one of the first GSAPs in Utah so my experience may be different than others. I had 1 technical interview over the phone and was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Where to find the network config file on a Unix host.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate due to this being a GSAP position.

Intern QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at EMC (San Jose, CA).

Interview

It was a 1 hr on-site interview. 45 minutes with 1st interviewer. then 15 minutes with the second person. Mainly they wanted to know was about the projects I did. They had already filled that position. I dont know why they didnt cancelled mine then. They were encouraging me to apply for more positions in EMC itself, by saying "evenif you dont get this position, dont stop applying to EMC. you are good".

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EMC (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Easy going but a long interview with 6-7 people. First with a phone interview with the hiring manager. Next they will arrange a on-site interview. Normally you would hear from them in about a week.

Interview Questions

• I can't post the interview questions here but they are about linked lists, Linux commands, and Ruby   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EMC (Research Triangle Park, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

3 technical phone interviews followed by single 1-on-1 interview. The questions were mostly java oriented and focussed on my previous internship work and tested my technical communication skills. The process tested my knowledge of java and I had some upper edge because I had done an internship at EMC previously. This helped me demonstrate the work I did and thus helped me a lot.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult if can talk fluently about everything on your resume. It is very important because I was specially asked on projects I had put on my resume and given scenarios and told to explain how I would implement those in my projects.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Standard package for new grads.