EMC Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.9

Marketing Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

After submitting my application and being accepted, I had a phone interview, after being accepted through that I had a speed dating interview at headquarters. I interviewed with 7+ people in the matter of a few hours.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions....."tell me about a time you failed....tell me about a time you lead a successful team....tell me about a time, etc." One interviewer also asked me about my social media strategy and printed out a few of my social media accounts - that definitely was a surprise but I was happy he did it.   Answer Question

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at my school's career fair. Had 2 phone interviews and was asked to come in to their main office where I had to have 6 individual interviews with managers, engineers, etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with internal group conflicts?   1 Answer

EMC MDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

First interview was one on one, program leaders are amazing. It was more of a conversation than an interview. Second was round-robin (basically speed dating). Got to hear lots of different perspectives about the company, as well as information on different roles. I ended up working with many of the people I interviewed with. At the beginning of the round robin, we were given the opportunity to speak with existing MDPers. That helped us gain a deeper understanding of the program.

Interview Questions

• What's an example of a campaign you've seen through start to finish?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter contacted for initial phone screen. Technical phone interview with hiring manager but no coding, he just asked basic Object oriented programming questions. Followed by 1:1 onsite interviews with 4-5 Senior Software Engineers. They asked standard data structure and algorithm interview questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they are difficult to negotiate.

Quality Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Phone interview was promising but follow up was somewhat difficult. I got a call right away from the HR manager but was told the hiring manager was on vacation. I followed up the next week and was then told that the manager was away for two weeks, not one. I followed up again the week after that and was told that they were leaning toward a candidate that had interviewed prior to the manager going away.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where a contributor was difficult, how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Assistant Customer Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EMC (San Diego, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was pretty laid back and straight forward. They did their research on what it was about me they liked and just asked me questions to see if their company was what I was looking forward to grow in. They emphasized how this was a two year commitment due to the extensive amount they invest in their employees training.

Interview Questions

• We are looking for someone who is honest and willing to admit when they made a mistake and be honest about it. Is that something you think you can do?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screen. Then onsite 1 on 1 interview. Then I was then brought in for a group interviewing process throughout the day. The day consisted of background on their sales development program, projected career growth, as well as one on one and panel interviews all consisting of behavioral based questions, as well as a role play session with one of the managers imitating a cold call. Honestly, I was ultimately disappointed in the company and their selection process. I was told I did not get an offer which is fine, but their reason was that I did not have enough sales experience.....for their development program? I went into the interview with more experience than many of the other candidates and was just disappointed that they could not offer real feedback after such a long process.

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMC (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online through the company's website after seeing a post on indeed. I was contacted 4 days later by the Recruiting Manager. We had about a 15 minute chat about my experience and the hiring department where the developer position would be supporting. He arranged an interview with the hiring manager for later that day. I had an 30 minute interview with the hiring manager. It was the basic "tell me about yourself" and some questions to determine your decision making thought of mind.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an challenging project and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Senior Software Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Louisville, CO).

Interview

Applied online and recruiter setup phone interview with hiring manager the same day. After a brief technical screening over the phone with the hiring manager I was brought on-site for interviews with a few senior and principal level test engineers, as well as management. This included a brief chat on the phone with senior management from Irvine. The whole process lasted two to three hours at most. I sensed a good culture and working environment, and was genuinely interested in the technologies being developed at this field office - ranging from from low level storage technologies, which are very abundant in this particular market, to more unique enterprise visualization technologies.

Interview Questions

• What are the challenges with backing up data in virtual environments?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about data de-duplication for backups, how does it work?   Answer Question
    • How well do you know Linux/Bash/C/Java? Sketching out and reviewing code snippets. Coming up with solutions to various tasks like monitoring memory usage.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Received a good offer from the recruiter with forms for references, background check and drug screening within a couple days of the on-site interviews. They moved very quickly in comparison with other companies I was interviewing with or had interviewed with recently, which was very refreshing.

ITLP Co Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in August 2014.

Interview

I had a two step interview with 5 managers total. Mostly I have been asked about my leadership abilities, any positions that were related to possible leading assignment. Any achievements that I had made over the last couple months. At the time of my interview I was doing my internship there, so there were a lot of questions on how do I find a company atmosphere. Do I work easily within a team, but at the same time can I lead the team or work on myself. There were very few technical questions. Overall both interview were very friendly and left only positive emotions.

Interview Questions

• How do you understand being ethical with your colleagues?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got very good offer from the first time, I also was able to choose the starting date.