EMC

449 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details – The questions were easy. They asked what you put in the resume. Make sure you could answer what you have in the resume.

The challenge was the question asked by the leader of the group. He asked non-technical question to see how you handle the situation.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was conducted through my university. There was an initial screening by my school and then the interview by and EMC employee. This was part behavioral and part about my previous sales experience. Most of the emphasis was on getting to know my personality, drive, passion...etc. After accepting the offer you participate in a 6 week sales training program which teaches you everything you need to know about working in tech sales.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question. The interview was more about connecting with the interviewer than anything else.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate. Pay was more than generous

Associate Systems Administrative Interview

Associate Systems Administrative
Westborough, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details – After the phone screen, I met with both the manager and the tech lead via phone. Both help strong conversations. The in person interview was with the same two folks, so more of a formality.

Interview Question – Past experience was tricky, as I was still in college, so relating stories as an intern and help desk deck to an enterprise IT org was tricky.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, as I had no leverage.

Consultant Software Engineer Interview

Consultant Software Engineer
Hopkinton, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC in March 2012.

Interview Details – There was not a "pre-defined" interview process or set of questions. I interviewed with several members of the team. They explained that they were looking to do and I pretty much explained my experience and how I would go about doing what they were looking to do.

Interview Question – Can you come for another interview tomorrow?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This was a contract-to-hire position. The negotiation on the hourly rate was with the intermediary consulting company but I had a discussion on the desired full-time salary if the conversion to full-time happened. Four months later I got a full-time offer and the salary discussed during the initial hiring process was honored.

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details – 4 months of interviews, about to be flown to Boston to finalize the position and it went dark.
The place is a lot like ESPN, in that they have an East Coast Bias. Expect to be treated poorly and you won't be disappointed. Some really good people but further up the food chain there is an obvious sales mentality. Guys in suits chasing their bonus instead of leading success. My customer comes first attitude did not sit well with leadership.

Interview Question – None really, I was over qualified.   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at EMC in January 2011.

Interview Details – Very informal. It is mostly a question of like-ability and fit.

Interview Question – Why EMC?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very little. HR controlled and depends on location and team pay profile. Biggest limiter is current pay. Offers are based on current pay.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Principal Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at EMC in July 2011.

Interview Details – 1 round of interview for 7 hours as I came from out of town.

Interview Question – Very technical, and programming questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at EMC

Interview Details – Met some recruiter at some conference and he forward my resume to some HR guy who wasn't eve interested in calling me. When he finally did, we didn't even talk for 3 minutes.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Enterprise Account Manager

Interviewed at EMC

Interview Details – I was interviewed by many different people including account managers, engineering, management and lines of business. The questions were about the product knowledge and how to defend the EMC brand and positioning. I had a phone interview and one full day of onsite interviews. The longest part of the process was actually receiving the written letter. It took over 6 weeks from the time I was told they wanted to move with me.

Interview Question – Explain how a specific product works.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Draper, UT

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC in March 2013.

Interview Details – I started as a contractor with an interview with them then an interview with the Manager at EMC. They called me back and let me know. The interview was very laid back. The most interesting interview I've ever had. I basically told them this is what I wanted and he said ok. Then I was accepted into a program for training and to be hired on. My Manager submitted me so I didn't have to interview again. Other had two interviews one phone then one in person with your possible manager. They are all different people. Not one type so you really can't plan for them. Just be professional.

Interview Question – Nothing to difficult for me. Others had to guess something based on a topic to find the answer to see how many guesses it took for you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was straight forward and they gave an offer sheet with what they pay everyone for my training program. It was to good to refuse. Others I'm not sure how hard it was to negotiate. I've heard though that you should try for everything you can get upfront because you won't get much better latter. Depending on your situation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at EMC