EMC Manager Interview Questions

3.3

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EMC.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I had an initial screening with recruiter. I met the profile from experiential and compensation perspective. I was passed to the hiring manager of the first interview and was told it would be 3 phases. Recruiter and hiring manager was phase 1. Phase 2 involved 3 other managers that were peers to the hiring manager. Third phase I was passed to 4 managers senior to the hiring manager with one of them being face to face. Of all the interviews, only one required face to face.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for EMC?   1 Answer

Negotiation

One call to agree.

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at EMC (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview went well but was told after that my skills doesn't fit with the job requirement. I was surprised because if my skills didn't match, they should not have setup the interview wasting 4 hours of my time and the interviewer's time.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have to let an employee go? How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in November 2008.

Interview

Very technical interview for even manager position. I had interviewed with RSA, security division of EMC. Initially there were multiple phone screens before getting on site interview. Onsite interview was also whole day exercise of mixed technical, management interviews.

Interview Questions

• Threat modeling process end to end and follow up questions like how CVSS ranking works etc The other question on change management   Answer Question

Negotiation

i learned through long negotiation phase that EMC recruiters don't negotiate salaries. Once they offer some number, they stick to it even at cost of losing great candidate.