EMC

EMC Manager Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EMC.

After submitting my resume, I had an initial screening with recruiter. I met the profile from experiential and compensation perspective. I was passed to the hiring manager of the first interview and was told it would be 3 phases. Recruiter and hiring manager was phase 1. Phase 2 involved 3 other managers that were peers to the hiring manager. Third phase I was passed to 4 managers senior to the hiring manager with one of them being face to face. Of all the interviews, only one required face to face.

One call to agree.

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC in March 2012.

The interview went well but was told after that my skills doesn't fit with the job requirement. I was surprised because if my skills didn't match, they should not have setup the interview wasting 4 hours of my time and the interviewer's time.

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever have to let an employee go? How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied online – interviewed at EMC in November 2008.

Very technical interview for even manager position. I had interviewed with RSA, security division of EMC. Initially there were multiple phone screens before getting on site interview. Onsite interview was also whole day exercise of mixed technical, management interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Threat modeling process end to end and follow up questions like how CVSS ranking works etc

The other question on change management

Answer Question
    i learned through long negotiation phase that EMC recruiters don't negotiate salaries. Once they offer some number, they stick to it even at cost of losing great candidate.