Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at EMC
- Software Engineer (46)
- Senior Software Engineer (36)
- Principal Software Engineer (17)
- Intern (16)
- Technical Support Engineer (13)
- Business Analyst (12)
- Sales Associate (11)
- Engineering (9)
- Systems Engineer (9)
- Software Engineer II (9)
- Associate Software Engineer (9)
- Account Manager (8)
- Software Quality Engineer (7)
- Project Manager (7)
- Consultant (7)
- Technical Support Engineer II (6)
- Senior Project Manager (6)
- Inside Sales Representative (6)
- Associate Consultant (5)
- Senior Consultant (5)
- Technical Support Engineer I (5)
- Program Manager (5)
- Consultant Software Engineer (4)
- TSE (4)
- Principal Engineer (4)
- Principal Program Manager (4)
- Sales Executive (4)
- Technical Consultant (4)
- Associate Financial Analyst (4)
- Implementation Specialist (4)
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at EMC.
After submitting my resume, I had an initial screening with recruiter. I met the profile from experiential and compensation perspective. I was passed to the hiring manager of the first interview and was told it would be 3 phases. Recruiter and hiring manager was phase 1. Phase 2 involved 3 other managers that were peers to the hiring manager. Third phase I was passed to 4 managers senior to the hiring manager with one of them being face to face. Of all the interviews, only one required face to face.
- Why do you want to work for EMC? 1 Answer
One call to agree.
Other Interview Reviews for EMC
Manager InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 1 day – interviewed at EMC (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2012.
The interview went well but was told after that my skills doesn't fit with the job requirement. I was surprised because if my skills didn't match, they should not have setup the interview wasting 4 hours of my time and the interviewer's time.
- Did you ever have to let an employee go? How did you handle that situation? Answer Question
Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online – interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in November 2008.
Very technical interview for even manager position. I had interviewed with RSA, security division of EMC. Initially there were multiple phone screens before getting on site interview. Onsite interview was also whole day exercise of mixed technical, management interviews.
- Threat modeling process end to end and follow up questions like how CVSS ranking works etc The other question on change management Answer Question
i learned through long negotiation phase that EMC recruiters don't negotiate salaries. Once they offer some number, they stick to it even at cost of losing great candidate.